Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they said driver cleared, but who else could it be? Why would anyone get dropped off in park in the middle of the night? If she was meeting someone then she could have been dropped off at her place and driven her car or they could have swung by her place to pick her up. Unless it’s a married guy who doesn’t want anyone to recognize him!? At that time of night, no cars out - so if any were then a residen outside video came era will have picked them up and LE will get the person.

She obviously had her reasons because that's what happened. She had to have entered the destination in her phone and the driver followed that destination. This is all recorded info. Driver can't lie about that. She entered the address in her phone. It would be pretty far-fetched to suggest the driver somehow wrestled her phone from her to enter the park address. Even if that happened (not likely), he would've had to have changed the original address she entered because when you access the app and order a ride, you enter your destination at that time. Just because you wouldn't have any reason to meet up with a ride at a park at 3:00 AM, doesn't mean others wouldn't. She did.

I’m curious what the property was and if they know who stole it? As that person been cleared? Along with the other party to the assault case.

I guess I got it backwards, that she was found with stolen property. See this is exactly what I mean.

Sorry for my confusion. I’ll wait for you guys to explain..

Last edited:
That’s strange that they don’t know if the person she was dropped off to is male or female and car description...I bet they know but can’t say yet. They must have an idea from the Lyft driver!
How can he describe her as happy to see this person but yet not see well enough for the vehicle or if they are a man or a woman? I'm thinking they know more and there is a reason they aren't announcing it. I hope this isn't like MT and how they gave us hope for weeks she would be found only to discover he killed her that night she was running... that was rough on all of us. JMO

I believe this: if that person didn’t get out of their car, it was dark, late, she seemed to know the car- why would the lyft driver try to see who was driving?

This actually makes me think the Lyft driver is MORE credible. It’s super rare for people to recall things like this easily. This tells me the driver was honest with police that they simply didn’t know for sure, rather than assume and say one gender only to be incorrect later. That’s a good sign, IMO.
But yet the driver said she appeared happy to see the driver, so he did see some interaction.

June 24, 2019

Lueck was at home in El Segundo for her grandmother’s funeral. Her maternal grandmother, G W S, died June 10. Her funeral was held June 15 at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in El Segundo.
MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

ETA: No confirmed report when ML arrived CA-- assuming anywhere between 6/10 to 6/15 if not earlier.

Just to clarify things, Kenzie's last visible Venmo transaction was on June 15th. I am from El Segundo, did not know Kenzie personally, but I have many mutual friends with her and therefore found her profile quite easily. So the June 16th transaction must have been on another SM app
The time shown when you view it is in your time zone - PT. If I view it I see it my time zone - ET or 3 hours later. So, if you see 10:00 PM June 15 I would see 1:00 AM June 16.

I've seen a few theories here and I wanted to share 2 I had been thinking about that I haven't seen anyone else mention. If this does not belong here, please delete. Again, these are my personal theories, not fact.

1) Met someone she has seen before and both her and that person are in danger per a third party. I know there was question in an earlier thread about if anyone else in the area was missing.
2) A little more grim but I saw in a previous thread people discussing if she used drugs. This leaves me to question if this meeting did have something to do with drugs but not with someone harming her. I'm questioning if something happened and the person she was with panicked and covered whatever happened up if it had to do with something that was illegal.

I know LE said her 3 previous cotacts with LE are resolved and unrelated to her disappearance, but I'm wondering whether or not her friends are/were aware of the assault in 2018 that was mentioned.

That seems like a fairly big deal.

JMO.

Rick Aaron on Twitter
Timeline of last known whereabouts of missing U of U student Mackenzie Lueck on 6/17:
2:09 am gets off plane, gets baggage
2:42 am gets in Lyft 3 am exits Lyft at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake & gets in a car with an unidentified person @abc4utah

D97vPzrUwAAlVA2.jpg

2:18 PM - 25 Jun 2019

Kenzie's poor friend looked terrified and devastated giving the family's statement. Poor girl. This is taking a harsh toll on everyone who knows Kenzie.

That was horrible. Not a dig at the girl, but having her read it was inappropriate. She was clearly overwhelmed, distraught, and not used to speaking at a large media group like that. It would have been more appropriate for the PIO to read the statement instead. I feel bad, she did as best as she could.

There’s a comment under one of her instagram pictures that this person says he “matched with her” on a dating app just last year. Can’t verify which app. But it does sound like she was using those apps frequently. Got to get a hold of her phone records and I personally feel like the close sorority friends may have more to say than they have so far. That interview was a little suspect but I also can’t imagine the pain that girl is going through.

That’s strange that they don’t know if the person she was dropped off to is male or female and car description...I bet they know but can’t say yet. They must have an idea from the Lyft driver!

I don't find it strange and honestly don't believe LE knows. It's better for them to not put out mixed memory recollection. That only causes confusion in the case.

The Lyft driver was probably not very observant when they dropped her off at the park. They had no idea several days later they would be asked to recall any detail about missing ML and the person and vehicle description of the car that picked her up.

I found it a bit disheartening when he was asked about the cameras at the park. He replied that he “saw a tweet last night” that they were not working at the time. Not exactly the most official way to learn that info or to ensure the public that you had at least looked into accessing the cameras...

It's safe to assume SLCPD and NSLPD have been talking through official channels. This is the Assistant Chief, so he's not going to necessarily hear about those talks. Someone said it before, but I'll repeat it: The chief (or any administrator) isn't going to be able to know all the details of any case.

Kenzie's poor friend looked terrified and devastated giving the family's statement. Poor girl. This is taking a harsh toll on everyone who knows Kenzie.

That was horrible. Not a dig at the girl, but having her read it was inappropriate. She was clearly overwhelmed, distraught, and not used to speaking at a large media group like that. It would have been more appropriate for the PIO to read the statement instead. I feel bad, she did as best as she could.

I wonder if they have questioned the passengers from her flight ? perhaps someone sitting next to her on the flight may have seen something on her phone or something came up in discussion. Although late evening flight most people are tired and not talking.

LE states prior police incidents are of no relation to existing matter.

Property recovered was collected by ML January 2019.

Source: presser 6/25/19

This seems to answer the reporter's teaser from this morning:

8h8 hours ago
Did MacKenzie Lueck file any police reports before her disappearance? @slcpd could be letting us know about this today. @KUTV2News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa