Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW it looks to me, from the message log, that on the day of the crime there is ~90 min. gap after BC abducts YY where he doesn’t send out any messages, and then another ~2 hour gap that evening from ~7 to 9; after a message to MZ ~9 there is another 2 hour gap. But those are the only prolonged (over an hour) messaging gaps for the whole day following abduction… so I think key things are happening during those gaps.
90 minutes to find location to tie her bind her bag her and ring her home? OR 90 minutes to immobilise tie and bag her and put her in trunk before checking his messages and driving her home?
Was he home before 7pm?

brilliant, thank you. Geez it's huge.. need to find reports of student parties inor around that building c 2013-2014, noise making complaints or some such

Unsure if this information is of any use but as a Big 10 university U of I is pretty party friendly right in the comfort of students' homes. Kitty, if you mean, high school students, that's another story but college students party hardy in apartment complexes, houses, and especially local bars.

Moreover there is a slight difference between Urbana and Champaign as far as culture. Champaign tends toward the more traditional midwest culture while Urbana historically has had a hippyish vibe that is also party friendly although in a more laid back way.

If anybody else has lived in C-U and can explain the differences better than I, chime in. I mention this because while there are some conservative colleges where students would have to hide to drink and, say, smoke a joint, U of I has a party culture that males it more or less acceptable and thus does not require students go do that at an abandon house.

Just in case it helps.

Well , I'm not getting any promising replies to all my texts about a search.
But I just noticed that I went to high school with Robin Kaler. Who is in charge of public relations for the U of I. I left a long message on her phone. Crossing my fingers.

Sorry to sound so contrarian but I still think we are largely in the dark… and little of what BC says on tape to TEB is true. IF he lied about 12 previous killings then his whole description of the apt. scenario may be a lie intended to impress or shock TEB (like the 12-victim claim)… or maybe he’s simply toying with the FBI if he suspected they were listening in. "False," even outrageous, confessions are aplenty.

I still think it possible he abducted YY, took her somewhere remote to rape her or engage in BDSM, but when she fought back, ended up killing her (deliberately or accidentally); then brought her, or remnants of her, back to the apt. for further unspeakable acts, before taking out in evening for final disposal — I don’t find his taped words very credible. (and no matter how bound up she was I don’t see how you get a live person into an apt. squirming/grumbling in a duffelbag without risking being seen— unless the layout was such that he could park the rear of the vehicle very near the doorway, or perhaps she was knocked unconscious... but basically things don’t add up).

Sorry to sound so contrarian but I still think we are largely in the dark… and little of what BC says on tape to TEB is true. IF he lied about 12 previous killings then his whole description of the apt. scenario may be a lie intended to impress or shock TEB (like the 12-victim claim)… or maybe he’s simply toying with the FBI if he suspected they were listening in. "False," even outrageous, confessions are aplenty.

I still think it possible he abducted YY, took her somewhere remote to rape her or engage in BDSM, but when she fought back, ended up killing her (deliberately or accidentally); then brought her, or remnants of her, back to the apt. for further unspeakable acts, before taking out in evening for final disposal — I don’t find his taped words very credible. (and no matter how bound up she was I don’t see how you get a live person into an apt. squirming/grumbling in a duffelbag without risking being seen— unless the layout was such that he could park the rear of the vehicle very near the doorway, or perhaps she was knocked unconscious... but basically things don’t add up).
Evidence shows she WAS in his apartment.
She bled, suggesting life.
In bedroom.
On his bed.
Down the wall...
Either way, the question is where is she now?
Whether it's real or false, he disposed of her.
Where did he do that?
I dont believe for a second he suspected he was being taped. No way.

Unsure if this information is of any use but as a Big 10 university U of I is pretty party friendly right in the comfort of students' homes. Kitty, if you mean, high school students, that's another story but college students party hardy in apartment complexes, houses, and especially local bars.

Moreover there is a slight difference between Urbana and Champaign as far as culture. Champaign tends toward the more traditional midwest culture while Urbana historically has had a hippyish vibe that is also party friendly although in a more laid back way.

If anybody else has lived in C-U and can explain the differences better than I, chime in. I mention this because while there are some conservative colleges where students would have to hide to drink and, say, smoke a joint, U of I has a party culture that males it more or less acceptable and thus does not require students go do that at an abandon house.

Just in case it helps.
Trying to establish whether any evidence exists that he knew that building or site.

Defense has until Tuesday to submit mitigating evidence they intend to produce as per link above, somewhere,
This dated today
Miscellaneous Relief – #403 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

On March 18, 2019, the defendant submitted a 26-page letter to the United States Attorney for the Central District of Illinois and the Acting Chief of the Department of Justice’s Capital Case Section. That letter was accompanied by 277 pages of medical records. This letter includes unsupported allegations that the defendant suffered from mental health issues as a child and teenager, which carried into his adult years. Id. It also contains allegations of the mental health defense that the defendant has since withdrawn

1. Rule 12.2 Prohibits the Defendant From Presenting Expert Testimony with Regard to the Defendant’s Mental Health Rule 12.2(b)(2) requires advanced written notice if the defendant intends to present expert testimony with regard to a “mental disease or defect or any other mental condition” during the penalty phase of a capital trial. As the Court noted at the conclusion of the April 30, 2019, hearing, there is no Rule 12.2 notice on the record in this case. By withdrawing his Rule 12.2 notice, and refusing to be examined by the United States’ experts, and withdrawing his notice(etc)
(BASICALLY, #DONTeVENtRYiT)
But they did try it by insisting the entire counselling report was heard, this included the sentence 'my mother was an alcoholic'

See what happens

So now as far as BC is concerned it's either DP or LWOP. I personally lean against the DP. But only because it's possible to kill an innocent person. Which is not the case here. He is guilty. He did do it.
Gonna tell a story here. In my younger stupider days I was incarcerated for a very short time. But it was enough that I knew I'd never be able to do real time. So I straightened out and flew right. But if there was ever a scenario where I was faced with LWOP or death. I'd chose death. BC may think that way too.
For those of you that have never been locked up, it is not the 3 hots and a cot you hear on TV. BC will probably get Menard Correctional. 23 hr lockdown. 1 hour in the yard and to shower. And he will most certainly be segregated from the general population. He will be in constant danger. A very rough way to live the next 40 years of his life.
Thrre is TV and internet but it's an aquired privilege.
Seeing as how this jury came back with a resounding guilty in under 2 hours, I think they'll pick DP.
Which, as I said , might just be what he wants.

There seem to be several more recordings (audio & transcribed) between BC and TEB over several days prior to the Memorial Walk, listed in the Exhibit List (22-28) that I’m not finding anywhere — am I missing them, or are they not (yet) released?
——---——

And for the lawyers:

1) How do the appeals work in this case IF BC gets the death penalty? i.e., does every appeal re-do the entire guilt phase of the trial again (in which case will TEB, EH, MZ, be called again and again to testify)???

2) Is it possible that in an appeal a different set of lawyers may argue ‘innocent by reason of insanity’?
OR,
3) will the appeal cases accept his guilt and only argue over mitigating factors that might preclude the DP?

Defense has until Tuesday to submit mitigating evidence they intend to produce as per link above, somewhere,
This dated today
Miscellaneous Relief – #403 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

On March 18, 2019, the defendant submitted a 26-page letter to the United States Attorney for the Central District of Illinois and the Acting Chief of the Department of Justice’s Capital Case Section. That letter was accompanied by 277 pages of medical records. This letter includes unsupported allegations that the defendant suffered from mental health issues as a child and teenager, which carried into his adult years. Id. It also contains allegations of the mental health defense that the defendant has since withdrawn

1. Rule 12.2 Prohibits the Defendant From Presenting Expert Testimony with Regard to the Defendant’s Mental Health Rule 12.2(b)(2) requires advanced written notice if the defendant intends to present expert testimony with regard to a “mental disease or defect or any other mental condition” during the penalty phase of a capital trial. As the Court noted at the conclusion of the April 30, 2019, hearing, there is no Rule 12.2 notice on the record in this case. By withdrawing his Rule 12.2 notice, and refusing to be examined by the United States’ experts, and withdrawing his notice(etc)
(BASICALLY, #DONTeVENtRYiT)
But they did try it by insisting the entire counselling report was heard, this included the sentence 'my mother was an alcoholic'

See what happens

No matter his excuse, I believe he is unredeemable and deserves whatever the jury finds to be appropriate (tho, personally I believe he deserves death penalty, he will not get all the appeals with a life sentence)

Lots of people have had bad childhoods, bad parents, awful mental health issues, and have not murdered, let alone chopped off heads, hidden bodies forever to be unfound.

I realize defense does what they have to to save a life, but I am so angry over this part

Well , I'm not getting any promising replies to all my texts about a search.
But I just noticed that I went to high school with Robin Kaler. Who is in charge of public relations for the U of I. I left a long message on her phone. Crossing my fingers.
Interesting. It would be nice if she could shed any light on if the grounds of the plant have been searched.

I still think the plant is too close to his house for him to consider keeping her there, but BC does strike me as the type who likes to think of himself as clever, and it would make him look a bit clever if he had hidden her under everyone's nose for all this time.

Interesting. It would be nice if she could shed any light on if the grounds of the plant have been searched.

I still think the plant is too close to his house for him to consider keeping her there, but BC does strike me as the type who likes to think of himself as clever, and it would make him look a bit clever if he had hidden her under everyone's nose for all this time.
yeah. That.
What's in view of the FBI offices nearest his home? On same theme...

There seem to be several more recordings (audio & transcribed) between BC and TEB over several days prior to the Memorial Walk, listed in the Exhibit List (22-28) that I’m not finding anywhere — am I missing them, or are they not (yet) released?
——---——

And for the lawyers:

1) How do the appeals work in this case IF BC gets the death penalty? i.e., does every appeal re-do the entire guilt phase of the trial again (in which case will TEB, EH, MZ, be called again and again to testify)???

2) Is it possible that in an appeal a different set of lawyers may argue ‘innocent by reason of insanity’?
OR,
3) will the appeal cases accept his guilt and only argue over mitigating factors that might preclude the DP?

The other recordings have not yet been released. While it would be interesting to hear them, I think that 29 is so critical and key, that it just makes all the others relatively irrelevant to the guilt phase, and I dont really think all that relevant to the penalty phase, either....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong