Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE

The venmo account seems to be open to the public to view. I don't have a venmo account and I can see it. This doesn't seem different from posting a link to Kenzie's public instagram or FB pages. There are going to be names on those pages of people who are not Kenzie.

Common sense should tell everyone that we are not going to publicly sleuth the person to whom Kenzie made payments on venmo unless LE tells us that person is a person of interest or a suspect.

As always, you may privately sleuth and privately discuss anything you want. Just don't mention it here on the open thread.

Do NOT discuss moderation on the thread. That results in an automatic TO. If you have a question about moderation, please message any moderator and patiently wait for a response. Alert on the post if you need to.

I didn't think my warning above was unclear, but it appears that some members do not understand this warning, so I'm bumping it.

If it was a drug pickup, why not have the Lyft driver wait and take her back home? Why go so far from the U and her home to get it?
I can't remember the date of her supposed final, but if it was within the next day or two, and you want to pull an all nighter that night, you might be will to drive and meet someone anywhere to get it right then. As far as why not have the Lyft driver wait, two thoughts. One, that's sus as *advertiser censored* and she might have been scared it would have been too obvious it was some sort of drug transaction. Two, maybe he misled her and didn't actually bring the Adderall and told her it was at his house or something. And already having already come this far, her defenses were down and she made a choice she normally wouldn't have made and got in this dudes car. Obviously a lot of speculation here, but this scenario seems a lot more believable to me then the whole older man business everyone wants to talk about.

I have a question that has perhaps been asked and answered, and if so I apologize. I am not sure what 'rules' Lyft/Uber et al drivers need to abide by, but wouldn't a driver such as that find it a bit weird that they were dropping off a young woman, alone, at a park at 3 in the morning? Or is it sort of "don't ask, don't tell", if a customer says "drop me here", you just do? I am in no way blaming the driver. But I would have to think that they may have found it a bit strange to be dropping someone at a park in the middle of the night, no?

There are several apartment complexes nearby. It’s not unreasonable if she just didn’t want the driver to know which one she went to

I bet the lyft driver wishes he wasn’t a lyft driver. Of course he’s not gonna notice the other car/driver. He’ll notice if she’s happy to see the person by smiling, cheerful demeanor getting out of car and getting bags. But he’s not gonna look at the driver and car very intensely. He does this all day and it’s the middle of night. You don’t preplan what you need to remember until you need to remember it.

I have a question that has perhaps been asked and answered, and if so I apologize. I am not sure what 'rules' Lyft/Uber et al drivers need to abide by, but wouldn't a driver such as that find it a bit weird that they were dropping off a young woman, alone, at a park at 3 in the morning? Or is it sort of "don't ask, don't tell", if a customer says "drop me here", you just do? I am in no way blaming the driver. But I would have to think that they may have found it a bit strange to be dropping someone at a park in the middle of the night, no?

I suspect that’s the only reason the Lyft driver remembers as much as he does. That it was a bit worrying to be dropping a young woman, (not to mention a sizable amount of luggage) at a park in the middle of the night. So he noticed with relief that there was someone to meet her—someone that she evidently knew and was on good terms with.

MOO

Just read back some on this case.

JMO
If this timeline is accurate then it is very unusual to me to come back from any trip with a large luggage and not go directly home. If we are to believe the Lyft driver then I find it very strange she went to the park to meet someone else there instead of first going home to unload that luggage she was hauling around.

Wouldnt the Lyft driver have to get out of the car to help her take her big piece of luggage over to the other car's trunk. That luggage was huge and was probably put in the trunks of the vehicles. It could fit in backseat I suppose but either way the Lyft driver would have got out to help her with it I would have thought. They usually do this to try to up their tip they may get.

I know the LE has said they cleared the Lyft driver but IMO I have not yet cleared anyone.
Nice to see you here, Hatfield.

I'm not much help when it comes to Lyft as I've never used them in my life. I've heard some drivers help with luggage and some don't. MOO

Those who say not dressed for hook up are clearly not in the young dating scene. PLENTY of people dress in sweat suit or casual wear when meeting FWB or hook ups. It’s a farce to say she would have to be dressed up to meet someone for that.

Her SM activity right before she got picked up will be the key to unlock this case. Listen to the podcast...
Completely agreed!!

Regarding the Lyft driver.
1. I really think it's time to move on from them as a suspect
2. A lot of folks seem to be expecting a lot out of a rideshare driver. Many of them don't talk to the fare and some of them are super weird and... and this is the important one: most that I have ridden with (lots) don't strike me as the type to give a moments though about the safety of a 23 year old at 3 am.

I suspect that’s the only reason the Lyft driver remembers as much as he does. That it was a bit worrying to be dropping a young woman, (not to mention a sizable amount of luggage) at a park in the middle of the night. So he noticed with relief that there was someone to meet her—someone that she evidently knew and was on good terms with.

MOO
Ah, thank you. I missed the piece where there was someone there to meet her that the driver was aware of.

IMO, the info re: the moving violation, found property, and assault was released in conjunction with a direct question from reporters the day before.
ML could've been the victim, suspect, or even simply a witness that was interviewed by police in relation to an assault. This was one question they could answer as opposed to the 1000 other questions they can't answer. There is honestly nothing to see ther, moo of course.
I have a way of finding the court records (if any) but I’m not sure if that type of thing is against the rules. Source: I used to be a paralegal before I became a full time mommy.

What are your thoughts on this picture? It almost appears she’s talking to someone, maybe someone out of view or on earpiece? That hand in chest/heart with a slight smile would be something I do when happy and surprised? Thoughts?

I thought the same thing. I'm not sure if she's reaching up to move hair off her chest/neck, or if it looks like she's talking to someone. Almost seems she has a slight smile on her face like she's speaking with someone. Not that I think it has anything to do with this case because no one else was on video with her leaving.

But I also thought it looked like she's looking at her phone by luggage claim. Could be ordering Lyft or could be the plan making???

Was said person picking up Kenzie:

Androgynous
In disguise
Dark and Lfyt person couldn't see or didn't pay attention

What a bummer....MOO

I don't think there's a problem with it, except sometimes people see things and run with them. Maybe just add MOO or something. Because there is so little concrete information, people start taking off with things that haven't even been said.It's happening a lot on here this afternoon. We all want answers.

MOO was included and is always included anytime I post something that is not fact.

This is WS. We sleuth. We speculate. That is what we do here! MOOOoooo

Completely agreed!!

I agree with this. If she was meeting with someone she didn't know, my thought is she would get dressed up and want to impress on the "first date" as most women would (I don't think she would have done that at that hour). Her outfit continues to make me think she knew/had already met this person and was comfortable seeing them in a more comfortable outfit.

Can someone please post the link to the airport photos ?
I'm at work no time to scroll and search
The forum is getting dense with info
Thank you

@FlamingoLady said:
Where did you hear this?

David Begnaud‏Verified account @DavidBegnaud
BREAKING: Salt Lake City police will hold a news conference shorty to announce that missing college student #MacKenzieLueck was last seen at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City getting into a vehicle at 2:50am. She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver.

1:13 PM - 24 Jun 2019 pst

ETA: CBS Morning news anchor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members