Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that LE hadn't mentioned the fact that they can't confirm the car or driver from the meet up. How is that helpful at this point? They could have saved that for a few more days as they sorted through the tips that are coming in, along with the info they coming in from the warrants.

Hi there folks. I'm new here, and signed up just to provide some information about hatch park as I grew up in Bountiful, the town directly adjacent to North Salt Lake (NSL).

North Salt Lake and Bountiful are effectively one suburb of salt lake to the north, and are quite separated from Salt Lake itself by a very industrial area (Beck Street has many oil refineries and storage garages). Hatch Park, while visible from the freeway, is not especially prominent along that section. You probably drive by it in about 3 seconds. It's a very small park that only people local to NSL and perhaps Bountiful would even know the name.

Which brings me to my insight I'll share with all of you. If you wanted to meet with someone and they are going to get back on the freeway, heading north or south, you'd meet at 2600S in Bountiful. It's a big exit with onramp/off-ramps in both directions, with a gas station, a huge grocery store, and lots of public places. It's maybe another 60-90 seconds on the freeway to the north. The freeway exit near Hatch Park only has a south-bound off-ramp. It's really, really inconvenient to then get back on the freeway from that location.

Whoever met with ML knows the area very well, and likely lives, in NSL/Bountiful. There are other places to meet that are more inconspicuous, and other places that are more conspicuous. Either way, it's always struck me as a really odd place to meet knowing the logistics of getting to that park.
Welcome to Websleuths, random_utahn. Thank you for your insight! :)

I've been thinking about this and here are two of my thoughts. Once I heard the Lyft driver was a woman I have to believe she had some more information she shared with LE.
Women are more curious then men and if I was driving and picked up a pretty young woman at the airport at that late hour to drive to a park you can believe my ears and eyes would perk up. So there's that.
Women are curious. Men seem to be 'whatever' kind of people. No offense.
My next thought is that even though the cameras were not working at the park that whole city is full of cameras and they have a timeline from when she was dropped off from the I hope 'inquisitive' Lyft driver.
If the driver even noticed the cars color or type of car that would be a huge bonus for the empty streets in the middle of the night. Fingers crossed LE is working this one good and tight.
Where did you hear the Lyft driver was a woman? Also, I think I'm more curious than most women I know. I'm not sure about that generalization.

I've been thinking about this and here are two of my thoughts. Once I heard the Lyft driver was a woman I have to believe she had some more information she shared with LE.
Women are more curious then men and if I was driving and picked up a pretty young woman at the airport at that late hour to drive to a park you can believe my ears and eyes would perk up. So there's that.
Women are curious. Men seem to be 'whatever' kind of people. No offense.
My next thought is that even though the cameras were not working at the park that whole city is full of cameras and they have a timeline from when she was dropped off from the I hope 'inquisitive' Lyft driver.
If the driver even noticed the cars color or type of car that would be a huge bonus for the empty streets in the middle of the night. Fingers crossed LE is working this one good and tight.
Where did you hear lyft driver was a woman?

Driver may have told LE and LE hasn't told public.

I think there is plenty the Lyft driver has told LE that’s not public. She had to have told him (do we know the driver was male?) exactly where in the park to drop her off, which would have led her to explain why. How vague she was or whether she told the truth is another story.

Someone can order a Lyft on your behalf. For example, if you have house guests flying-in and you choose to order them a Lyft rather then picking them up yourself. I've done this myself, and been the recipient of, with "black car" services.
This doesn't seem to be the case, I think that they would have said something about the ride being ordered from someone else's account. Also, in one of the pictures at the airport she appears to be holding her phone in her hand, so it looks like she was using it.

Or if it's an older man like a SD with the intention to do harm, he wouldn't get out of the car because he would not want to be identified by the lyft driver. Goes both ways

Yes, but I just cant shake the thought that if someone had ill intentions from the start, they would have parked completely out of sight of the LYFT driver. Imagine your going to commit a crime, you don't want anyone to know you were in the area you don't let yourself or your car be seen at all. Of course at this point nothing is ruled out and everything is on the table.

Hi there folks. I'm new here, and signed up just to provide some information about hatch park as I grew up in Bountiful, the town directly adjacent to North Salt Lake (NSL).

North Salt Lake and Bountiful are effectively one suburb of salt lake to the north, and are quite separated from Salt Lake itself by a very industrial area (Beck Street has many oil refineries and storage garages). Hatch Park, while visible from the freeway, is not especially prominent along that section. You probably drive by it in about 3 seconds. It's a very small park that only people local to NSL and perhaps Bountiful would even know the name.

Which brings me to my insight I'll share with all of you. If you wanted to meet with someone and they are going to get back on the freeway, heading north or south, you'd meet at 2600S in Bountiful. It's a big exit with onramp/off-ramps in both directions, with a gas station, a huge grocery store, and lots of public places. It's maybe another 60-90 seconds on the freeway to the north. The freeway exit near Hatch Park only has a south-bound off-ramp. It's really, really inconvenient to then get back on the freeway from that location.

Whoever met with ML knows the area very well, and likely lives, in NSL/Bountiful. There are other places to meet that are more inconspicuous, and other places that are more conspicuous. Either way, it's always struck me as a really odd place to meet knowing the logistics of getting to that park.
Or she chose the meeting point for a reason that isn't obvious to us.

My daughter would so agree with you. I think the bags aside, it seems weird to some that the person waiting at the park to pick her up doesn't get out of the vehicle to greet or give her a warm embrace. If this is someone known to her, and knows she just got off a red-eye from a funeral weekend, then it's kind of rude behavior to just sit there and wait for her to get in before welcoming her home.

Why do I think that the driver DID get out of the car to greet her? In the first presser, I believe LE said that the Lyft driver indicated that ML was happy to see the person she met and they "made contact." Did I just imagine that? Don't have the energy to scroll back and find that presser.

Welcome - I have snipped this (SBM) to say that those places you mentioned probably have cameras that work. Hatch had cameras - there are signs posted at the gate - but the cameras were not functioning. (ETA: and someone knew that IMO)

IMO this is pivotal.

Wouldn't have been able to board the plane at LAX. Wouldn't have made it through security.
Again, playing devil's advocate, not exactly true. I unknowingly flew out of LAX with marijuana in my bag a few months ago. (it was inside of a suitcase inside of a bag inside of a bag) My bag was not searched or opened and I don't have a medical card so it was technically illegal. In California it's fine for me to have it, but I was traveling to Illinois, where it also wasn't caught.

First time poster here. I live in SLC so I have been following MacKenzie's disappearance.

I went back in this thread and did not see mention of this recent article by the Salt Lake Tribune: Who did MacKenzie Lueck meet? Salt Lake City police ask key person in this baffling missing person case to call them..

It mentions that Lueck interacted with police in an assault investigation. Police spokespeople did not indicate whether she was the "victim, suspect, or witness" in this investigation.

All speculation of course, but this may indicate she was a victim of assault or had an abusive relationship in the past? I have seen a number of posts indicating suspicion toward the ex boyfriend. Does anyone know whether he had a new girlfriend? Maybe he had reason to want to hide his meeting with MacKenzie and was therefore meeting her in the middle of the night?

Also, just watched an interview with one of the sorority sisters and she mostly averts questions relating to Lueck's use of dating apps and her possibly having secret social media accounts. I think this is purely to protect the image of their sister and am hopeful they have been absolutely forthright with investigators. It certainly feels though that there are details they are not being forthcoming with the media on.

Why do I think that the driver DID get out of the car to greet her? In the first presser, I believe LE said that the Lyft driver indicated that ML was happy to see the person she met and they "made contact." Did I just imagine that? Don't have the energy to scroll back and find that presser.

Made contact could mean a wave of recognition?

Welcome to Websleuths, and thanks for the very valuable insight!

So where do you suppose they planned to go from the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea