Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE the Lyft driver I can't find where I read it was female. I've looked through a lot and it seems they don't refer to the driver as either male or female. If I find it I'll surely share it. Seems they are keeping the sex of the Lyft driver kind of on the QT. Did I read they said 'he' at the press conference? Lets keep our eyes and ears open on that one. Could be why they were cleared so quickly!

I just heard a snippet from LE presser on the news that the person picking her up at the park could be female or male. So LE isn't sure at this point.

IMO:

What doesn't matter:
-what she was wearing (in respect to HOW she was dressed, of course we want to know what she was last seen in)
-How many bags she had and how full they were
-her traffic citations in her past
-random other run-ins with the law regarding property, etc etc etc

What DOES matter:
-What has been said on the podcast. It matters to me, IMO IMO
-She didn't go home after an early morning flight/long and emotional weekend
-that the Lyft driver saw her get in another car and is reported to have made other stops after her drop off
-the person who met her at 2:50am HAS NOT COME FORWARD. This is the scariest thing.

I missed the podcast info. Which one was that?

Regarding transporting drugs through LAX. Not a chance.

I travel through LAX often, believe me, no way.
And Kenzie is bright enough to never even risk that.
I respectfully 100% disagree with this opinion. Head shops are now legal in Cali and it’s a destination to bring vape pens, edibles, etc back home through the airport. TSA’s responsibility is to protect travelers and THC products are of little interest to them.
Only relevant though if she decided to meet up with someone to use or provide these to the person she met with. I’m open to that possibility. MOO

Her close friends are members of LDS, per their Instagram accounts.

Not unlike Travis Alexander, victim of Jodi Arias. Travis was involved in a sexual relationship with Jodi Arias, even though he had a public persona of being a faithful member of the LDS church, following all of the church tenets, including abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage.

North S/L is very Mormon, you said.
I wonder if there's any chance Kenzie could have been picked up by someone from the local church, to go on some kind of religious retreat, to get some kind of spiritual counseling, or perhaps even to stay with a pastor's family?
This wouldn't explain her non-contact with friends/family and abandoning her cat. LDS retreats, etc. are not secretive events to my knowledge imo.

Why do I think that the driver DID get out of the car to greet her? In the first presser, I believe LE said that the Lyft driver indicated that ML was happy to see the person she met and they "made contact." Did I just imagine that? Don't have the energy to scroll back and find that presser.
I don't think they meant physical contact, but it's possible. I thought maybe they said that to verify that the driver actually did take her to to a place where she definitely got into another car. Also to confirm that she seemed happy and nothing was wrong.
If he or she did get out of the car, apparently the driver was not paying attention to what they looked like. It was probably hard to see in the dark, and after all, he had no reason to pay much attention to those details. Imo

If anyone here is familiar with LDS, I'm wondering what is the procedure when a life long LDS member strays from the church?
Do church members come to the home? Do they make much effort to bring that person back 'in'?
Just curious ~Thanks

Thanks for the comments from locals about the park.

I'm getting the sense that this is not a very unique park, and that it doesn't seem to have anything that would make it a draw for people who don't live relatively near it. Its not the sort of park that would be a "go to" place for tourists or visitors.

A few more questions --

Are there any other parks of this general size and similar features in that area? Would it be considered the "main" or only park in that area for sports, dog walking, etc. ?

I'd say the 'main' park nearby is Bountiful City Park, because it has a pool, but that's about 5 miles up the road. A similar park nearby I know well is North Canyon Park. It also has tennis courts, like Hatch Park, but Hatch Park is the only park nearby that has open basketball courts.

If she was meeting someone around, I would tend to think Eaglewood Lofts Apartments, lots and lots of college kids that go to the U live there. But why not just get dropped off there?

No, it's not that Mormon really. Maybe Foxboro is Mormon, and up the hill, but it's not that religious as like say Bountiful. There's a lot of college students that live in what's called Eaglewood Lofts, large apartment complex right off highway 89, but why didn't just get dropped off there if that was the case, I don't know.

Yea, you're right, but they basically drove by those to drop her off at Hatch Park, which makes me think they were headed to east NSL or probably Bountiful.

Why not? She's an open minded woman. That's very clear from her social media entries and sites she enjoys

Being open-minded doesn't explain meeting someone in CA for the first time and taking a Lyft to meet them at a park in the middle of the night.

Sounds odd.

It's just logical that she knew this person or had a prearranged meeting for some reason.

If she trusted the person she met, hopefully she used her primary phone and not a burner to contact this person. Surely she sent a few texts on the way to the park. "just got in the car".... "almost there".... "pulling in"... etc.

MOO
That is the key to this. She must have contacted this person before if she trusted him enough to meet at a random park at 3am.

That history will be all over her phone.

They will get access to her financials and see the payments if she had a burner phone; but she didn't really try hard to cover her tracks on SM so why do so on her phone.

The phone will lead them to the person she met and that person knows everything that happened.

I respectfully 100% disagree with this opinion. Head shops are now legal in Cali and it’s a destination to bring vape pens, edibles, etc back home through the airport. TSA’s responsibility is to protect travelers and THC products are of little interest to them.
Only relevant though if she decided to meet up with someone to use or provide these to the person she met with. I’m open to that possibility. MOO
Perhaps small amounts of personal use marijuana are ok, but larger amts with intent to sell, and other drugs not so. I witnessed a traveller being taken away by security after they found a bag with whatever. A dog detected it.
When I had to transport my parents' ashes out of state, to Hawaii, and even though I had the paperwork, the sealed urns were opened and tested.

Being open-minded doesn't explain meeting someone in CA for the first time and taking a Lyft to meet them at a park in the middle of the night.

Sounds odd.

It's just logical that she knew this person or had a prearranged meeting for some reason.
Why is that "logical"?
We know that Kenzie, at some point, participated in websites where you meet up with people you don't know.
How would it be any different to meet up with someone from LA?

To me it is obvious as I have stated a few times before ...she is either being held against her will or she is no longer with us.

Her casual dress in meeting someone isn’t really that odd in this day and age...however, it does give me the impression that it was someone she met up with on a previous occasion(s). Moo

I agree with you that she is likely being held or sadly, deceased, but I am just saying that there is a possibility (for me, though it is small) that the person picking her up at the park was not the person who did this to her. I think it's most likely that the person picking her up is the perp (if we end up having a perp), but I am not 100% closing the door on the possibility that this person and her met and parted ways with her safe and then something nefarious happened to her after by a different party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82