Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that stuck out at me was from here:

Aubrey Trail not present for his trial Tuesday

They were taken into custody around 6 a.m. The vehicle they were traveling in was a silver 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring obtained from Kaitlyn Brandle.

New evidence presented Tuesday showed that Trail traded his black Ford 500 for the Sebring on Nov. 23. Trail also paid Brandle $1,000, according to a handwritten bill of sale.

Is this the Katie?

Lori Pilger on Twitter
In a Facebook video the jury saw Tuesday, Aubrey Trail initially claimed he and Bailey Boswell knew nothing of Sydney Loofe's disappearance. Trail later said she died at his hands. but that it was an accident and that Boswell wasn't there when it happened.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
FBI Special Agent Mike Maseth testified Tuesday about how they made an emergency request to Facebook and Verizon to track the video to a Trac phone that had only made one call. It was earlier that day to the Windmill Inn in Branson, where Trail and Boswell were arrested Nov. 30.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
A day after Aubrey Trail shocked court-goers by proclaiming Bailey Boswell’s innocence before slashing at his neck in an apparent suicide attempt, his murder trial for the killing of Sydney Loofe went forward without him.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
At a break, Trail's attorney, Joe Murray, said: “It is what it is. It’s the hand we were dealt, and we’re going to play it.” He said Trail needed stitches for the wound to his neck but that he was treated and released from the hospital. He chose not to be in court Tuesday.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Joe Murray said the issue of a mistrial was raised, but the law in Nebraska is that a defendant’s actions cannot cause a mistrial. He said it also wasn't an admission of guilt. Trail had shouted “Bailey is innocent & I curse you all” before slashing at his neck with a blade.

They were taken into custody around 6 a.m. The vehicle they were traveling in was a silver 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring obtained from Kaitlyn Brandle.

New evidence presented Tuesday showed that Trail traded his black Ford 500 for the Sebring on Nov. 23. Trail also paid Brandle $1,000, according to a handwritten bill of sale.

Is this the Katie?
I am baffled is this Katelyn Brandel the same as the name Kaitlyn Randell that was found on a prescription bottle in their apartment?! Was the name just reported or typed wrong and also curious is this “Katie”?

Edited because autocorrect changed brandel to Brandee when I first typed it

Last edited:
Lori Pilger on Twitter
A day after Aubrey Trail shocked court-goers by proclaiming Bailey Boswell’s innocence before slashing at his neck in an apparent suicide attempt, his murder trial for the killing of Sydney Loofe went forward without him.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
At a break, Trail's attorney, Joe Murray, said: “It is what it is. It’s the hand we were dealt, and we’re going to play it.” He said Trail needed stitches for the wound to his neck but that he was treated and released from the hospital. He chose not to be in court Tuesday.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Joe Murray said the issue of a mistrial was raised, but the law in Nebraska is that a defendant’s actions cannot cause a mistrial. He said it also wasn't an admission of guilt. Trail had shouted “Bailey is innocent & I curse you all” before slashing at his neck with a blade.

Is this the Katie?
I think so — bbm
Aubrey Trail decides not to attend trial on Tuesday; his attorney says he required stitches
Trail first swapped his car with one owned by Kaitlyn Brandle, a woman investigators identified as one of three young women who had associated with Trail and Boswell.

Is this the Katie?

Probably. [dbm], so maybe she's the blonde with BB that day. That would make sense considering AT even said she was around.

edited because I didn't want it to sound like I'm sleuthing her

David C. Solheim Retweeted
Tommy Rezac‏ @Tommy_NCN 20h20 hours ago

Just heard from Joe Murray, Trail's defense attorney, who addressed us and 10/11 off camera. Trail's in the process of being released from a local hospital. Got "multiple stitches" but expected to be back Tues. Type of weapon is still unclear. They think piece of razor, but ?

Wow. Havent followed this case much but wow.

I watched a documentary once that showed how prisoners can make weapons that are used for stabbing and cutting.

One easy method they use is to get ahold of a regular plastic disposable razor and they take it apart to get out the small thin razor blades and then what they do is get a toothbrush and melt the blundt end where they insert the small razor blade into the melted plastic until it hardens. Presto. They now have a killing weapon with a razor blade attached to the end for slashing.

Maybe something like that is how he managed to smuggle it into the courtroom.

OWH Cops Reporters on Twitter
In Aubrey Trail’s trial Tuesday afternoon, a Lincoln investigator laid out how he plotted the two cellphones carried by Trail’s girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, on a 3-hour, 150-mile trip west of Wilber on Nov. 16, to allegedly deposit the remains of Sydney Loofe's body.

The investigator, Robert Hurley, said it took him until Dec. 4 to finish the complicated task of plotting the cellphones and their distance and direction from cellphone towers, and to direct the final searches to a gravel road north of Edgar, Nebraska.

Later on Dec. 4, an upper arm from Loofe's body was found in a ditch along the road.

"I was finding a lot of areas where they drove really, really slow or it was stop and go," Hurley testified. That made him suspect that's where Trail and Boswell deposited Loofe's dismembered body.

In Aubrey Trail’s trial Tuesday afternoon, a Lincoln investigator laid out how he plotted the two cellphones carried by Trail’s girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, on a 3-hour, 150-mile trip west of Wilber on Nov. 16, to allegedly deposit the remains of Sydney Loofe's body.

The investigator, Robert Hurley, said it took him until Dec. 4 to finish the complicated task of plotting the cellphones and their distance and direction from cellphone towers, and to direct the final searches to a gravel road north of Edgar, Nebraska.

Later on Dec. 4, an upper arm from Loofe's body was found in a ditch along the road.

"I was finding a lot of areas where they drove really, really slow or it was stop and go," Hurley testified. That made him suspect that's where Trail and Boswell deposited Loofe's dismembered body.

wowza, can't imagine the family have to sit there listening to this testimony. damn.

also edit to say, does anyone ever know what came of the jury seeing these photos? I know part of the reason he was trying to plead guilty to the human remains charge was to avoid jury from seeing pictures of this.

Paul Hammel on Twitter
The most unsettling day of testimony in the murder trial of Aubrey Trail was today — and he opted to not come to court. Jurors heard about the discovery of Sydney Loofe’s body parts, and how they were located

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Her family, who have faithfully sat in the front row of the courtroom, moved to the back during that testimony. And Sydney’s mother and sister did not attend. @OWHnews

Aubrey Trail murder trial continues...without the defendant
They allege that the two bounced around hotels in Iowa and Missouri with a map of Mexico and cold weather gear like they were going camping...along with burner phones, sex toys and a pair of boots with Trail's own blood on them. Investigators tracked their location through cellphone towers and say Trail and Boswell made a trip west the day after Loofe went missing...allegedly to dump her dismembered body.

Aubrey Trail not present for trial Tuesday, evidence presented on Loofe's body's recovery
Subsequent searches of the Sebring and hotel rooms turned many pieces of evidence, including a pocket knife, brass knuckles, sex toys, a map of the Texas/Mexico border, three cellphones and blood stained boots.
Searches started on Dec. 3, and the first remains of Loofe were discovered on the evening of Dec. 4. The first evidence found was Loofe's upper arm.

A tattoo that read "everything will be wonderful some day" is how investigators identified the arm to be Loofe's.
Eli McBride, a special agent with the FBI who's testified two days in a row, said investigators found Loofe's remains and other pieces of evidence in 17 different areas, or "scenes."

Trash bags containing the pelvis, torso, a severed foot, parts of an arm and other remains were found throughout the day on Dec. 5.

Authorities also recovered 11-13 boxes of Hefty trash bags. Each box contained 17, 30-gallon bags.

Investigators describe using technology to locate Trail, Boswell, and to find Sydney Loofe's body

"As testimony turned to the discovery of Loofe’s body on Tuesday, her family members, who had been sitting in the front row during the trial, moved to the back of the courtroom. Sydney’s mother and sister did not attend that portion of the testimony.

At least a couple of the jurors appeared disturbed after a prosecutor, Mike Guinan of the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office, slowly displayed the photo of the first body part found — Loofe’s upper arm, which had a distinctive tattoo — to the jurors, one by one. One female juror closed her eyes after glancing at the picture."

"Trail’s attorneys objected to every photo of body parts shown to the jury. They maintain that the photos will prejudice the jury against their client, who pleaded guilty to improper disposal of human remains just before the beginning of the trial on June 17.

McBride is expected to resume his testimony Wednesday about the 17 “scenes” along the gravel roads were evidence was marked."

wowza, can't imagine the family have to sit there listening to this testimony. damn.

also edit to say, does anyone ever know what came of the jury seeing these photos? I know part of the reason he was trying to plead guilty to the human remains charge was to avoid jury from seeing pictures of this.
Looks like they did see some today
Investigators describe using technology to locate Trail, Boswell, and to find Sydney Loofe's body
For the first time, jurors were shown sobering photographs of Loofe’s dismembered body, found wrapped inside black plastic trash bags along the roadways, north of Edgar, a south-central Nebraska farm town.
At least a couple of the jurors appeared disturbed after a prosecutor, Mike Guinan of the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office, slowly displayed the photo of the first body part found — Loofe’s upper arm, which had a distinctive tattoo — to the jurors, one by one. One female juror closed her eyes after glancing at the picture.
Trail’s attorneys objected to every photo of body parts shown to the jury. They maintain that the photos will prejudice the jury against their client, who pleaded guilty to improper disposal of human remains just before the beginning of the trial on June 17.

Is this the Katie?
I understood Randall not Brandl

There was one photo that was only shown to the jury and not displayed to the rest of courtroom. The remaining photos were primarily black plastic trash bags and the investigator said what was in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member