Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I’m a dummy. I have ridden in many taxi cabs in NY for visits. What is the difference between Uber’s, lyfts and taxi Service?
Uber/Lyft is an app, you get it on your phone, you add your location and your destination. A driver sees that you want a ride, they take you as a client, they pick you up and the address is already on the server.

Basically, it’s safer than a taxi, because you know who the driver is, you can share that information with others and your location/route/destination are all registered.

I can track all of my past rides, for example.

Do you know if they have to get a second warrant through snapchat or if the one warrant they got covers everything? I hope it doesn't take too long to access these things.
Ooh something I know the answer to. I worked in law enforcement for many years but now am just a lowly secretary in investigations. I know when they are doing cell dump warrants, they have to send a separate warrant to each cell phone company and wait for them to respond. Sometimes it takes longer than it should to get them to send the info and then it's like 100's of pages to go thru for each one. Hope this helps.

Salt Lake County is less than 50% Mormon, more people aren't than are. Everyone jumping to the religious conclusion simply because it's Utah has clearly never visited the Salt Lake area. It is actually quite liberal, they almost always vote democrat. Although Utah is a red state, Salt Lake City is very much blue. I do not believe religion has anything more to do with this than it would if it was any other location.

This is the address I have for her
Google Maps

I live in SLC. That location is not really considered to be near Liberty Park. I would be surprised to hear anybody who lives in SLC to identify it that way.

ETA I’ve seen her addresses described to near both Liberty Park and Trolley Square. The location on his map is North of both, but closer to Trolley. However, and perhaps this is because I live nearby, I have never heard anywhere north of 400 South referred to as “near Trolley Square” either. I’ve mostly heard that neighborhood described as Upper East Central (as it’s listed on NextDoor) or even Lower University Heights/University Gardens.

Last edited:
Salt Lake County is less than 50% Mormon, more people aren't than are. Everyone jumping to the religious conclusion simply because it's Utah has clearly never visited the Salt Lake area. It is actually quite liberal, they almost always vote democrat. Although Utah is a red state, Salt Lake City is very much blue. I do not believe religion has anything more to do with this than it would if it was any other location.
Agreed.

Ohhhh I understand! I wonder if L.E. has interviewed the riders picked up after KM was dropped off. Do you think the LYFT drivers phone records were checked in the process of clearing him, or no because Lyft verified he had riders immediately following KMs drop off?
He was cleared quickly...does he drive with other phones??? Did he call anyone during KM's run or shortly after? Might be worth a check

BBM

Would LE be able to determine with whom the communication was ?

Also, it would be interesting to know whether that person has suddenly left that site in the last few days.

Yes. If police can access all social media sites and cell phone records, they will know who she has been talking to (not sure about snapchat, whatsapp is encrypted). In fact, if another friend who met her at a park comes forward, it will help police identify how she communicates and with whom. For example, she might start on a dating website, and then shift to something more encrypted or that disappears quickly.

Given what we know so far, I think it's fair to say that their must be a hidden digital trail.

Probably like many, I gave up trying to catch up and just jumped ahead. If anything I say was already covered, that is why :)

I found it very odd that the Assistant Chief said he only heard or knew about the cameras not working at the park from seeing it on NSLC's PD Twitter last night?? Do these departments not talk to nor work with each other? Why would the other department tweet this but not inform them?? Really odd if you ask me. And does that mean these cameras were never checked nor looked into or even thought of until seeing that last night? This makes no sense. This was said in response to a question at the PC.

I also do not believe they do not have more detail on the vehicle or person she met and that they have exhausted all avenues there. Or maybe I am just hopeful. I think they are simply not saying.

I have not eliminated the possibility of the Lyft driver, however, I am for now going with what they have said, that there is no reason to suspect that person but it remains a possibility to me in the back of my mind.

We know there is more footage from the airport that was not shown, that is a given I think.

I also have not eliminated the thought that she still may be missing voluntarily. As for the person not picking her up at the airport, maybe she did not want the person to come there could very well be another twist on that. If she wanted to go missing, the person picking her up seen on camera at the airport would help them find a trail as would possibly the direction the car headed from the airport, etc.

However, it appears it is likely foul play after she willingly and knowingly met someone in a park at 3 a.m. No victim blaming but that alone is, as multiple posters have said, odd to say the least and there is definitely a reason this location was chosen.

It is of note that no one has come forward when this has gotten this serious and well known, so that leans towards foul play definitely.

There is a real lack of information as to when her mid-terms were, first I think I heard finals, then it was mid-terms and then it was one mid-term and when she was to first work after returning is not real clear either. I almost wonder if she had a few free days since she was not reported missing until later in the week and she had every intent of taking her luggage and heading right off somewhere else with someone willingly, at first anyhow. And she was to turn around and head right back to California? I heard the wedding thing just like everyone but yesterday there was an article that said only some of her friends had mentioned a wedding and that no one else has stated that nor confirmed that. Was there perhaps another reason she was turning around and heading right back to California? To travel on a Sunday for a wedding seems unusual which I am just guessing would probably be on a Saturday--does she get time off of work and school that easily to travel that much? It can't make keeping up very easy, either financially or with grades.

How is it more than one camera does not work at a park that is near a police station? How convenient.

Does anyone have more information on the assault mentioned? He never said whether she was the victim of an assault or whether she assaulted someone, just that they do not believe it to be related. Or her found property--perhaps a wallet or a cell phone?

A long post but I have not posted since yesterday :)

All jmo.

BBM

Heidi Hatch on Twitter
NEW: Most of the cameras at Hatch park where Mackenzie Lueck was last seen were not recording anything. The Mayor of North Salt Lake told KUTV's @MichaelLocklear , some of the cameras are fakes. They’re meant to deter vandalism. A disappointing blow to friends & family.
D98pxDIU0AEkk5v.jpg
D98pyXHVUAAp4nH.jpg
D98pzK-UwAEb4mf.jpg

6:35 PM - 25 Jun 2019

He started looking into them online. What did you get? There's a huge price range for them. I told him after the past few cases involving/accusing Uber/Lyft drivers recently, the security of knowing you could potentially prove your innocence (yes I know you are not supposed to have to prove your innocence...innocent until proven guilty and all that...) Or in a case such as this, potentially help solve a crime or save a life had the other car been caught on camera, they're worth whatever they cost!
Not to derail this thread, but cameras go a long way. Uber will deactivate first, ask questions later, and for a lot of people that's their main source of income. I've heard many bad stories about passengers who make things up to Uber for various reasons. Example- passenger had an open beverage that driver didn't want in car. Passenger complained to Uber that driver tried to grope them. Drivers should definitely practice CYA.

She's obviously an intelligent girl that had an emotional few days with her grandma's passing. I personally think she went to meet someone she was truly missing while she was gone, and thought would cheer her up. For that to be her first destination as soon as landing so late at night, I think she truly liked the person she went to meet, and had nothing to do with money or any type of submission beyond her having missed this person.
I agree with you. I think she needed a tender touch, a shoulder to lean on and someone to talk too. What the other person wanted is what is worrying me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members