GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

He wanted to place her by the trees but he spotted the culvert. His heart spoke to him, told him the culvert looks dark and I bet there is a snake in there that will bite me so I can go to my Lord with my child. So he shoved her in.

I wonder how long he waited for the snake? Oh that's right--he didn't. He got the heck out of that culvert before he actually did encounter a snake or before someone saw him.

He started freaking me out when he was describing that he wanted to keep Sherin close so he could go back and be with her. Saying he thought she could be brought back to life.
I know he is a Christian, but Hinduism India's main religion believes in reincarnation.
I wonder if it ever crossed his mind that she would have a better chance of coming back to life if she wasn't in a plastic garbage bag. Guess not.

What is it with the house? Why would losing or demolishing a house have anything to do with this? It's all so nonsensical.

I truly believe that he didn't use that time in jail to come up with a better story...because he doesn't think of Sherin. He doesn't care. He rid himself of her and you can't come up with an emotionally relatable tale if you have zero love for someone.

This case has impacted me so much, I haven't read about it in months. I had to take a break. She was such a precious little angel. I want to harshest justice for him.

(And I'm beyond pissed about Sini walking.)

I wonder if it ever crossed his mind that she would have a better chance of coming back to life if she wasn't in a plastic garbage bag. Guess not.
Good point, but it was reported she was not found in a bag. And police mentioned he took her out of the bag and threw it away. I thought that whole blue bag thing was strange.
His entire explanation is bizzare. MOO

Now 5pm. Sherin just sitting holding her cup, not drinking. WM is upset, not even half the milk is gone. Sherin eats some choc almonds, she loves those. 9pm and still not drinking the milk. They dont want to give her food instead of milk, he wants her to drink the milk. WM, SM and bio go to a restaurant. WM decided Sherin would stay home as she hadnt had her milk, Sini upset but WM wants to teach her a lesson. "Who stays home with Sherin?" nobody! we left her standing on the floor, it was safer than the high chair.
Omg outrageous...he was worried about Sherin drinking her milk but leaves her alone unattended while they go for dinner. What this child must have gone through in her short life :( unspeakable!

Convinced there is so much to this story that we, or justice, will never know. Made my heart ache to read that there was too much decomposition to do a complete autopsy.

Simply cannot wrap my head around these beastly adoptive “parents.”
Poor WM lost his house after all...(at least his ability to occupy this joyous structure).

I pray little Sherin is singing in the next world, and knows only tenderness and compassion...

EDIT: atrocious typo

Last edited:
He is now crying. WM holds her and she starts going cold, her hands and feet unusually cold. He checks for a pulse, its faint. He calls her name over & over. SHe is getting colder. Body starts tightening up. Thats hwen he realised she has passed away. He thinks, is she just brain dead?

This man is just delusional. It's hard for me to fathom that he could honestly be this stupid. How can he think that anyone would buy his "completely not possible they happened" stories. Right...she chokes and then almost instantly has a drop in body temp so rapid he can feel her getting colder and then she goes into rigor mortis before she's dead.

I absolutely buy the theory that he hated and resented this child because she took up time and money and effort he didn't want to put into her. I can see him seething with anger that she would not drink her flipping milk. And eventually he snaps and kills her over it.

I just don't believe Sini was unaware of any of this. That he, rather than she, was responsible for sitting up all night just waiting for Sherin to drink her milk. That he was just super quiet about performing CPR and then thought stuffing her in a culvert would be best for the family.

How can anyone be this stupid? My best guess is it's really that he's so profoundly self absorbed he can't see how transparent he is to literally everyone else.

The little one had 5 broken bones in the last 8 months of her life. She had to be in a lot of pain all the time.

Where does WM get off trying to sell this lousy story of how much he loved little Sherin? They both probably despised her for causing them so much trouble. No pictures hung on the walls or displayed on furniture anywhere in the house. Not even on the fridge! Went out to eat without her per his mouth. How could he seriously sit and twist his hatred for SM into a loving father who wanted a proper place to bury her (trees) but used a blue garbage bag, threw her in the back of the vehicle and dumped her in a culvert? No one could buy it after the evidence from the prosecution and what was out before the trial. Oh and that part about her choking was just unbelievable. She may have choked but it's because daddy was drowning her with it or worse. This jury can't get this wrong. Why in the heck did they lower the charges on him in the first place? Just ridiculous. just ranting a bit...

Convinced there is so much to this story that we, or justice, will never know. Made my heart ache to read that there was too much decomposition to do a complete autopsy.

Simply cannot wrap my head around these beastly adoptive “parents.”
Poor WM lost his house after all...(at least his ability to occupy this joyous structure).

I pray little Sherin is singing in the next world, and knows only tenderness and compassion...

EDIT: atrocious typo
You're right. It's likely we'll never know how she died. The physician testified that children do not die from choking on milk. He likely severely beat her, causing fatal trauma to vital organs that were no longer present for the autopsy. I wonder if some day, her sibling will recount what happened that night---because he's never going to tell us and neither is Sini.

"I know I wanted do something honorable, do something nice," Mathews told police of wrapping Sherin's body in a garbage bag before stowing her in the cargo area of his car.
It is like what Derion Vence allegedly said about Maleah "nothing bad happened to her", ...., or she didn't suffer or something like that :( :(
Sick, sick, sick!

Defence suggest agent used the most "shocking" photos of Sherin's body to show the jury.
As well the prosecution should. There would be no shocking photos if WM had done what every loving father would have done - left Sherin the hell alone in the middle of the night.

I’d love to slap him.
Ty jerrica
Get in line.

WM : we wanted Sherin to learn a lesson. Bio daughter didnt have issues so didnt need to learn a lesson. 10pm both girls get a bath. Sherin throws up in the shower. It's watery/creamy. That means she now has an empty tummy. WM decides she needs something now, her tummy would be running dry, she has to have milk.
The milk, the MILK! Sherin must have the milk. SMDH. IMO the milk was an excuse to bully Sherin.
WM too scared to wake Sini and tell her. So he decides to put her somewhere. Wants to do something honourable with her body, she is not a dog!
Wraps her in a plastic bag. Takes the bag and some trash to the car.
Repeats that he doesnt want to dishonour her. Put the trash in a dumpster.
Yeah, that was honorable. And he took the frikkin' trash out while he was at it.

Tears stop just as quickly as the started!

WM - went to Bowser (?)
It's dark. Parks by the churches & houses.
Walks to railway line. Went to some trees, but doesnt want to put her there.
Wants to get home, so puts her in the culvert, pushes her in as far as she would go.
I hate this man! He lied at the beginning, kept lying and he's lying now. I believe he got some sort of sick pleasure out of showing Sherin "who's boss." His own testimony shows his utter disregard for Sherin's well being, IOW intent. I really wish the DA would have run with capital murder. Hopefully the jury will give him life. 30 years before he's eligible for parole - if he serves each and every one of those years. And I hope someone will attend every parole hearing to argue that he must be kept out of society because he's a danger to children. :mad:

Milk is very important in India as well as their cows. From birth to death, milk is their leading product with 2 x as much produced than the US. Milk. Bodies are bathed in it at death. Even myths are told about milk in India. It is the Hindu religion. And what does this guy keep saying? Milk, milk, milk...I'm not believing him if you couldn't tell already. I grabbed the first article I could find but there's others out there much better, IIRC. jmo

Milk is something special in India

Maria Guerrero has posted Wesley's testimony from today on her site if anyone is interested in watching it.

ETA: Court starts tomorrow morning at 8:15 with Wesley continuing his testimony. The case is being heard by a no nonsense judge and when she says 8:15, she means 8:15.

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 8:15am CT) - TX - Sherin Saraswati Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson; found Oct. 22, 2017) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.25M cash or surety. DA will seek DP.
Trial started 6/24/19. Jury selection was held week of 6/13. Jury is 4 women & 8 men. 2 female alternates.
6/20/19 Update: On Thursday (6/20) Mathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission. He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter Sherin. The jury will decide his punishment. Opening statements Monday, 6/24 @ 1:30pm.
6/24/19 Day 1: The jury has to hear all the facts before they can deliberate on penalty. Potential jurors were told during jury selection about the guilty plea. Now faces anywhere from probation up to Life. Opening statements made. State witnesses: Speech Therapist. Therapist (who worked with Sherin on feeding). Therapist (for physical/development delays). Physical therapist. The judge just told the jurors to call a family member to bring them 4 or 5 days of clothing---they are being sequestered starting now. Christina Drury (Canine handler & Registered nurse). Richardson Officer Jeremy Savage (Answered WM police call). Played call from WM. Showed bodycam recording of search. Special agent with FBI (analyzed Wesley’s iPhone). Trial continues on 6/25.
6/25/19 Day 2: State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Diana Strain (assisted in searching the Mathews' home). Detective Victor Diaz (interviewed both Wesley & Sini), played interview. Director of the REACH clinic (at-risk children of neglect etc). Dr. Suzanne Dakil (child abuse pediatrician who cared for Sherin). Dr. Elizabeth Ventura (Medical examiner). State rests? Defense witnesses: 2 church members (no names given). Mathews' older brother (no name given). Wesley Mathews. Trial continues to 6/26.
For Sini: In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

From the tweets - it sounds like the State rested after the Medical Examiner - correct?? That's what I got from the tweets, as the next witnesses were from Mathews' church, his brother & them him.

Correct if I'm wrong please! TIA! :)

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 8:15am CT) - TX - Sherin Saraswati Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson; found Oct. 22, 2017) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.25M cash or surety. DA will seek DP.
Trial started 6/24/19. Jury selection was held week of 6/13. Jury is 4 women & 8 men. 2 female alternates.
6/20/19 Update: On Thursday (6/20) Mathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission. He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter Sherin. The jury will decide his punishment. Opening statements Monday, 6/24 @ 1:30pm.
6/24/19 Day 1: The jury has to hear all the facts before they can deliberate on penalty. Potential jurors were told during jury selection about the guilty plea. Now faces anywhere from probation up to Life. Opening statements made. State witnesses: Speech Therapist. Therapist (who worked with Sherin on feeding). Therapist (for physical/development delays). Physical therapist. The judge just told the jurors to call a family member to bring them 4 or 5 days of clothing---they are being sequestered starting now. Christina Drury (Canine handler & Registered nurse). Richardson Officer Jeremy Savage (Answered WM police call). Played call from WM. Showed bodycam recording of search. Special agent with FBI (analyzed Wesley’s iPhone). Trial continues on 6/25.
6/25/19 Day 2: State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Diana Strain (assisted in searching the Mathews' home). Detective Victor Diaz (interviewed both Wesley & Sini), played interview. Director of the REACH clinic (at-risk children of neglect etc). Dr. Suzanne Dakil (child abuse pediatrician who cared for Sherin). Dr. Elizabeth Ventura (Medical examiner). State rests? Defense witnesses: 2 church members (no names given). Mathews' older brother (no name given). Wesley Mathews. Trial continues to 6/26.
For Sini: In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

From the tweets - it sounds like the State rested after the Medical Examiner - correct?? That's what I got from the tweets, as the next witnesses were from Mathews' church, his brother & them him.

Correct if I'm wrong please! TIA! :)
That is correct, the state rested after the medical examiner testimony.

In his testimony on the stand, he never mentioned them going out to eat at all. All very weird.
I thought he did. I thought he said they left her standing rather than put her in a high chair because that wouldn't be safe. And also that Sini didn't like it but he said Sherin needed to be taught a lesson. Maybe someone else testified to that or he said it in his interrogation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back