Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks South!

Was just about to do that. Ok here is the title

Lyn Dawson vanished in 1982. A 'highly credible' couple claim to have seen her 2 years later.

Dated June 26

Some interesting info in the article.

The second link is the one I first saw,
Confirms that the carnal knowledge victim is the person who moved in days after Lyn's disappearance.

Bayview, where Lynn , according to Chris, simply walked out, pretending to go shopping one Saturday morning, leaving her two baby daughters that she went thru IVF to have, her beautiful home her father invested money in, her job, her jewelry, her friends, her beloved family , as I say, Bayview is only 17.7 klms away from Curl Curl.

I find it hard to believe that Lynn , having gone thru all this, plus been suddenly afflicted with a religious fever only moved 17 klms away. Australia is a huge , huge country. Anyone of her friends or family could have turned up at Curl Curl hospital .

I don't buy that story in any element of it AT ALL.

They obviously weren't very observant neighbours if they didn't notice or know that Lyn had been missing for 2 years. Neither of them spoke to the person they thought was Lyn at these 2 supposed sightings.Odd if you were neighbours. I don't buy it . Sounds like a nurse who was similar to Lyn, or a good defense ploy.

Listening again. The couple were neighbours at the time of the Dawsons and the husband (of the couple, not Chris) was in hospital for a medical procedure and Lyn walked into the room. I don't think Chris was there.

Edit: originally I thought it said that the couple were neighbours of somebody's daughter, that's why I thought they didn't know them well. But didn't know she was missing? Not a close relationship, anyway. Perhaps they knew Paul and Marilyn.

If it was Chris, he might think he was being haunted if Lyn visited him in the hospital.

Last edited:
extracted from above linked article
"From the statement here it says 'I knew it was Lynette Dawson I had seen because of her height, physique, hair colour and style of glasses'.

right.
as any good stylish woman of lyns class would know.....
no woman who wears glasses full time has the same style 2 years in a row!!!!!!
:p
even back then.
my mum was one of them......and she wasn't overly stylish or wealthy.
:rolleyes:

extracted from above linked article
"From the statement here it says 'I knew it was Lynette Dawson I had seen because of her height, physique, hair colour and style of glasses'.

right.
as any good stylish woman of lyns class would know.....
no woman who wears glasses full time has the same style 2 years in a row!!!!!!
:p
even back then.
my mum was one of them......and she wasn't overly stylish or wealthy.
:rolleyes:

There certainly weren't the choice of glasses that there are now. Quite a few women would have worn the same style. Picture 22 of 24 shows Lyn's glasses look very common.

NoCookies | The Australian

If he recognised someone by their style of glasses, it means to me that he had no idea what her eyes looked like.

He probably didn't looked at Lyn much at all while being neighbours. Perhaps usually saw her from a distance, and then waved and said hello and bye. I've had a few of such neighbours. I am probably just a caricature of a woman with certain glasses, hair, clothes, size... As far as they are concerned.

Such neighbours might not notice me missing for 2 years, that much is true.

If he recognised someone by their style of glasses, it means to me that he had no idea what her eyes looked like.

He probably didn't looked at Lyn much at all while being neighbours. Perhaps usually saw her from a distance, and then waved and said hello and bye. I've had a few of such neighbours. I am probably just a caricature of a woman with certain glasses, hair, clothes, size... As far as they are concerned.

It's surprising that he doesn't seem to have said that he recognized Lyn because he knew her face.

They were big blocks of land, weren't they. Paul was "next door" and that was some distance away. There was a lot of bush. I wonder what "neighbour" means in such a locality.

Not everyone thinks like that about glasses.
Sometimes people, fashion conscious or not , find a timeless style and want to stick with it long term.

There certainly weren't the choice of glasses that there are now. Quite a few women would have worn the same style. Picture 22 of 24 shows Lyn's glasses look very common.

NoCookies | The Australian
women do change their glasses at free will.
someone who hasn't seen a person for at least 2 years couldn't use 'her glasses style' as proof of identity.

lynette may or may not have replaced them by then.

its a ridiculous statement to imply you identified a person by glasses.
as you said in your post drt….that particular big round style we see her in was extremely common at the time.
most women wore them.

imo

I wonder if Dawson kept Lyn on as tight of a leash as he seemed to keep Joanne on.
If so, I doubt that any neighbours would have known Lyn very well at all.

women do change their glasses at free will.
someone who hasn't seen a person for at least 2 years couldn't use 'her glasses style' as proof of identity.

lynette may or may not have replaced them by then.

its a ridiculous statement to imply you identified a person by glasses.
as you said in your post drt….that particular big round style we see her in was extremely common at the time.
most women wore them.

imo
Underlined BM

Funny enough, the big round styles are coming back just in time, decades later for the Dawson trial.

I wonder if there will be more witnesses coming forward, to say they have just seen Lyn alive a few days ago. With the same glasses. Not a day older. LOL MOO

Sorry for mocking the credible witnesses... But it does sound like an Elvis sighting to me:cool:

The term 'highly credible' is probably a quote from the defence barrister, and/or the witnesses themselves.. It is merely an opinion, perhaps one held temporarily, and not one based on long acquaintance.

If a judge says that one is a highly credible witness, that has clout, weight , consequence and significance, and has tremendous bearing on a verdict.

Other that that, it is muddying jury pools, buying public relations, attempting to gain some sort of high ground...

I wonder if Dawson kept Lyn on as tight of a leash as he seemed to keep Joanne on.
If so, I doubt that any neighbours would have known Lyn very well at all.

As tight as was possible.. his long lasting rage about the Bankcard is a clue, but I always thought it odd that Lynn didn't have access to the family car. Apparently, she 'didn't drive' a real oddity for her time and age and situation in life, owner of a home , two small daughters, a job to keep up, an extended family. No.. that doesn't sound right, considering the pool, etc. It wasn't money. And she was a qualified nursing sister, most of her contemporaries would be drivers, and owners of their own vehicles.

I wonder if Marilyn was a 'non driver' too, and was she confined to home as well by some esoteric rule about wives not having the husbands car. It certainly left Paul and Chris with acres of unsupervised and unaccountable time, which they , we now know , used to knock off schoolgirls , sometimes in the back seat of that family car, where a nosy wife wouldn't be looking.

Which brings me to the bit where, here, it's Saturday morning, Lynn gets Chris to drive her to the bus stop where she then disappears into thin air!.. who would get the person they are running away from to drive them to the bus stop?

Last edited:
Chris's story has enough holes to drive a truck thru, and in many ways this latest 'sighting' underlines the nuttiness of his original story. Because, if Chris is to be believed, and events so proved, Lynn wasn't just 'running away ' from him. She ' ran ' from her mother and father, brothers, sisters , nieces , nephews. God children. . Friends, work colleagues, neighbors, sister and brothers in law, in laws parents.

She 'ran' from the Australian Taxation office, from Medicare, from any doctor in the entire nation. She never got ill, or went on the pill, or even got a toothache. She had miraculous unbroken perfect health. She never did get a drivers licence, she never bought another property, she never had the gas or electricity turned on at any place she ever lived in.

Or water. She never had water connected to any place she lived in either.

He murdered her and he couldn't even think up a decent story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998