MI MI - Kevin Graves, 28, Electric Forest Music Festival, Rothbury, 1 Jul 2018

“[SBM]

Jeff Scarbrough’s body was found in his vehicle near a public boat launch on Creston Road in Muskegon Township.

Grand Haven Department of Public Safety captain Clinton Hold said the incident couldhave been an accident.

‘Obviously, we feel for them, we’re fathers as well,’ he said. ‘We can’t imagine losing one of our own that way, and our condolences go out to the family.’

Authorities said around 10 vehicles have gone into the water near where Scarbrough’s was found over last few years.

The 29-year-old had been missing since Saturday afternoon when he went golfing at Chase Hammond Golf Course in Muskegon County, a few miles from where his body was found. He left the course to pick up his son, but never showed up.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Family: Missing dad’s body found in Muskegon Twp.

Rest In Peace, Jeff.

Michigan man went to music festival a year ago, not seen since

HIGHLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The Local 4 Defenders are looking into the mysterious disappearance of an Oakland County man who went to a music festival last year.

There have been possible sightings and word of him possibly joining a cult. Investigators want to know if this was a case of murder.
[...]
The Graves family will be at the Electric Forest music festival next week when it begins, talking to people and trying to find any clues about what happened to their son.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP. Officials are offering a $1,000 reward.

It has been a year since friends and family have heard from one Michigan man. Kevin Graves, 28, took a trip with his girlfriend last June to the small town of Rothbury, Michigan, for the Electric Forest Music Festival and it was the last time he was seen.

Witnesses that were at the music festival told Kevin's family that Kevin had argued with his girlfriend, walked away and has not been seen or heard from since July 1, 2018.

Search and rescue teams, family and volunteers have conducted multiple searches to try and find Kevin with no results. Some festival goers recalled seeing buses at the festival belonging to an alleged cult, leaving his family to wonder if Kevin had perhaps joined the group. A member of the insulated religious group Twelve Tribes, of Marshall, had reportedly reached out to the missing man's sister. They told her that they can confirm that no one from their group or any of their buses were at the Electric Forest Festival in 2018. They also offered that if they can be of any other help in efforts to try to find Kevin, not to hesitate reaching out to them again.

Some have told the family they thought they saw Kevin Graves panhandling in the weeks after he went missing. A sighting that was never able to be confirmed.

Family members and volunteers say they will never stop searching.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Kevin's whereabouts. Anyone with information on Kevin Gary Graves is asked to contact the Michigan State Police Hart Post at 231-873-2171.

Man Missing Since Attending 2018 Electric Forest Music Festival

6-24-missing-poster-Graves.jpg

Where is he? Vanished! Maybe, someone will find/hear something that will give clues as to what happened to him at this years festival??

Family still searching for man missing after Electric Forest Fest

The family of a man who went missing after last year's Electric Forest Festival are back in town to keep his name out there.

Gary Graves and his wife Kathy traveled to Rothbury Friday morning from their home eon the east side of the state. They brought 500 flyers to pass out at the event's entrance gates. On those flyers is there missing son, Kevin Graves. ...

screen-shot-2019-06-28-at-5.06.06-pm.png

Hi, friend/acquaintance of Kevin’s here with a theory. And this is just a theory based on the little info given.
A lot (I’d almost say most) of Forest attendees use some type of psychedelic drug while there. In order to feel full effects of these drugs, one must not be on any type of depression medication or SSRI. Especially with the drug MDMA, which is very popular at forest. If you’re on medications like SSRIs, you literally feel no effect from MDMA (I know this from research, friends, and personal experience). You have to be free of SSRIs for two to three weeks before taking MDMA in order to experience the euphoric high that one is after. To my knowledge (don’t quote me as I’m not 100% positive), Kevin was on depression medication. He could’ve stopped these meds cold turkey before Forest, then did MDMA, and as he was coming down, the mix of being off his mental health meds and the difficult come down from MDMA, he wasn’t in his right mind. The comedown from MDMA is one of the hardest comedowns there is. Many experience “ego death”, or a complete loss of self. Maybe he pulled that money out and left the state because he experienced “ego death”.
I am positive that if he died at or near the festival, he would’ve been found by now. I think he decided to travel while experiencing “ego death” and is probably still alive and out there, unaware that he’s a missing person or that his family wants to hear from him.

All speculation and amateur opinion based on my knowledge of Forest, psychedelics, and SSRIs.

Hi, friend/acquaintance of Kevin’s here with a theory. And this is just a theory based on the little info given.
A lot (I’d almost say most) of Forest attendees use some type of psychedelic drug while there. In order to feel full effects of these drugs, one must not be on any type of depression medication or SSRI. Especially with the drug MDMA, which is very popular at forest. If you’re on medications like SSRIs, you literally feel no effect from MDMA (I know this from research, friends, and personal experience). You have to be free of SSRIs for two to three weeks before taking MDMA in order to experience the euphoric high that one is after. To my knowledge (don’t quote me as I’m not 100% positive), Kevin was on depression medication. He could’ve stopped these meds cold turkey before Forest, then did MDMA, and as he was coming down, the mix of being off his mental health meds and the difficult come down from MDMA, he wasn’t in his right mind. The comedown from MDMA is one of the hardest comedowns there is. Many experience “ego death”, or a complete loss of self. Maybe he pulled that money out and left the state because he experienced “ego death”.
I am positive that if he died at or near the festival, he would’ve been found by now. I think he decided to travel while experiencing “ego death” and is probably still alive and out there, unaware that he’s a missing person or that his family wants to hear from him.

All speculation and amateur opinion based on my knowledge of Forest, psychedelics, and SSRIs.

Very interesting and thank you for the perspective. What you say makes perfect sense and actually helps explain a lot. I'm guessing that the majority of us had no idea that SSRIs had any negating effect on molly...and Kevin very well could've stop talking his script to 'prepare' for the festival.

I'm still thinking self harm. Even more so with this new info. Unfortunately there are many cases when a person commits suicide and they are not discovered for multiple months (or years). I know it's hard to believe but it happens all the time.

Thank you so much! That’s a perspective I would never have had. Respectfully, don’t you think that if Kevin were alive, he would have at least had some contact with people from his former life? I hope he’s okay somewhere, for sure.

In order to feel full effects of these drugs, one must not be on any type of depression medication or SSRI. Especially with the drug MDMA, which is very popular at forest. If you’re on medications like SSRIs, you literally feel no effect from MDMA (I know this from research, friends, and personal experience). You have to be free of SSRIs for two to three weeks before taking MDMA in order to experience the euphoric high that one is after. To my knowledge (don’t quote me as I’m not 100% positive), Kevin was on depression medication. He could’ve stopped these meds cold turkey before Forest, then did MDMA, and as he was coming down, the mix of being off his mental health meds and the difficult come down from MDMA, he wasn’t in his right mind. The comedown from MDMA is one of the hardest comedowns there is. Many experience “ego death”, or a complete loss of self. Maybe he pulled that money out and left the state because he experienced “ego death”.

Interesting perspective! I agree when illicit drugs/medications are involved, there are any number of negative adverse effects. Thinking on the flip side, if Kevin did NOT discontinue his SRRI, the combo of MDMA and SSRI could lead to serotonin syndrome which could be potentially fatal depending on the doses involved.

I haven't read about MDMA inducing any sort of dissociative fugue state or long-term amnesia to the point where a person would forget his identity and disappear. IMO, it's unlikely something like that happened to Kevin.

Sadly, I believe he is deceased somewhere near the music festival location.

I have seen a man who looks like this. I have seen him in the road asking for money on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. He was standing in the center of the road in camo near a wooded area that is adjacent to a Target shopping center. I think it's at the crossroads with Town Center Blvd. or close by there. The photo posted here sure seems to match. I remember talking to my wife about how some people live in the woods in the area and how they must have mental illness and/or drug dependency. I am going shopping tomorrow. If he's out there again, I'll try to take a photo.

I have seen a man who looks like this. I have seen him in the road asking for money on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando. He was standing in the center of the road in camo near a wooded area that is adjacent to a Target shopping center. I think it's at the crossroads with Town Center Blvd. or close by there. The photo posted here sure seems to match. I remember talking to my wife about how some people live in the woods in the area and how they must have mental illness and/or drug dependency. I am going shopping tomorrow. If he's out there again, I'll try to take a photo.

Any update on this??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas