PA PA - Philadelphia, 15th & Market St subway station, WhtMale 35-45, UP58073, clothes, May'83

JSolt1210

Reaction score
Unidentified Person /
NamUs #UP58073
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Found: May 30, 1983
NamUs Case Created: June 16, 2019
Location Found: Philadelphia, PA

ME/C Case Number83-2589
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50

Estimated Age Range: 35-45. Yrs
Year of Death: 1983
Height: 5' 7"- 5’11" Estimated
Weight: 145 -155 lbs, Estimated
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown w graying

Clothing: Light Brown corduroy coat,
Gray/White checked shirt with name "FR or FK White" printed on the shirt collar, Blue and white patterned trousers

Circumstances of Recovery:
Witnessed to sit down on subway tracks in front of an oncoming train in subway station at 15th & Market Streets.

WARNING: Post-Mortem photo in link.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This has to be one of the most disturbing PM photo I’ve seen
the left side of his chest is just gone...

Oh wow, I hadn't realized that! I saw the photo only as a thumbnail, so I thought that part of his body was in shadow!

I've been trying to Google more info about this man but without success. I can't believe it took 36 years to get him on NamUs.

I found out about this case myself when I was looking at recently added NamUS cases. When I first opened up the page, I saw that the body condition was listed as not recognizable due to traumatic injuries, and I was confused, seeing as the thumbnail makes it look as if he were in okay shape, albeit a little banged up. It wasn't until I viewed the entire picture under "images and documents" and read the circumstances of recovery that I understood that the vast majority of the body had been obliterated.

I'm not exactly dying to take a hard look at the picture again, but from what I remember from looking at it a few nights ago, it looks like the train actually might have dismembered him at the chest. I don't think there's anything attached to the part of the body that we can see.

After seeing countless PMs myself, I have to agree that this is probably one of the worst that I've ever seen. Usually when a body is in such poor condition, the postmortem pictures are not made public, and I have to wonder why they made the decision to put this photo online in the first place. At the very least, they could have cropped it a bit more.

Sorry for double-posting, but I did take another close look at the photos. I'm having a hard time ascertaining the condition of his face. Both of the available photos were taken in profile, and I'm wondering if that was done because the left side of his face was also damaged by the train. Also, just by looking at him, I think there's a good chance that this UID was actually Hispanic. Philadelphia does have a pretty significant Puerto Rican population.

Additionally, I looked over the case file again and saw that the name "F.R. White" or "F.K. White" was printed on his shirt collar, and from some brief Google searching, I was able to figure out this much:

• F.R. White was a football coach at a vocational school in Newport News, Virginia in the late 1920s and early 1930s. The vocational school still exists and caters to students interested in shipbuilding.
  • There is an F.K. White Middle School in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I can't find much information on the school's namesake; the vast majority of what shows up on Google when you look up "F.K. White" is connected to the school. I am also not sure when the school opened.

^Mouths are very similar, IMO, and the circumstances (date, suicidal tendencies) are interesting.

He is a bit out of the age range, though, and I feel like the John Doe was possibly Hispanic, Native American, or perhaps even Indian (as in, from India).

I just checked his NamUS profile, as it was modified within the last couple days. They removed the un-cropped photo where you could see that he was dismembered/crushed. I really don't get why they uploaded it in the first place, seeing as they had a perfectly good cropped photo taken at roughly the same angle.

On a side note, I've noticed a lot of NamUS profiles for Philadelphia UIDs include somewhat unsettling postmortem photos, such as those of pedestrians who have sustained facial injuries after being hit by cars and obviously decomposing bodies. Also, someone appears to be in the process of adding numerous UID cases from the area to NamUS, so just a heads up for people who regularly check NamUS for newly-added cases like this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back