Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my point. Tricia invited you to help us discuss this subject. Fine. Let's discuss it. (It's been enlightening to me, the back and forth.) Then a moderator seemed to want to put an end to the discussion. I'm confused. But it has nothing to do with you. ;)

Got it. Sorry for missing your meaning! :) I think there were a few things calling out me for not being legitimate (I am, I had to show my degrees and credentials and license). So I think having different perspectives/opinions are totally fine, but keep it respectful to ALL members. :) Shall we all move on?

I think you missed my point. Tricia invited you to help us discuss this subject. Fine. Let's discuss it. (It's been enlightening to me, the back and forth.) Then a moderator seemed to want to put an end to the discussion. I'm confused. But it has nothing to do with you. ;)

Just so everyone knows, "the moderator" put an end to the ridiculous back and forth that was happening because @Tricia requested it. Tricia is traveling now and is appalled at what is going on in this case. She actually told me to tell you that she was going to shut down WS if it doesn't stop. I told her that I thought a warning would be enough.

A married SD would insist on ultimate discretion in many/most cases. Public exposure could present serious marital, social, or business problems.

Not referring to this case specifically, but a serious problem that could present a lifelong problem or worry for a SD would be a pregnancy and a stated intent to have a child. There aren't a lot of options for a SD to make the problem go away. Just a generic observation.

Yes, this was a great theory by the OP. Locals, are there any gated communities nearby?

If the park was pretty much deserted at 3AM, any security cameras that capture traffic going to and from the park would pick up the few cars on the road at that hour. I'm hoping that this will break the case.

Hoping for a break in the case soon, and sending love and prayers to ML's family and friends who must be very distraught, particularly just after the loss of the grandmother.

Kenzie's parent lost a mother and daughter close together. Such s nightmare they are living. I'm praying for a positive outcome.

Totally get it. I'm such a light packer, any checked bag seems huge.

I never want help, but the driver ALWAYS gets out to remove the luggage. Even when I have said, "I got it, no worries." If I were the driver, I may have been a little creeped out, so I would have stayed put.
I know we’ve been over the size of the bag:

She’s in the process of leaving SLC for the summer to head back to El Segundo after the term ends, so it makes sense she has been using a generou-sized bag to take clothes, shoes, etc back down ther with her.

She also probably doesn’t have too many bags

Usually, serial abductors are strangers. I don't believe this was a stranger in ML's life.
I totally do. Maybe a person she's been chatting with and texting, maybe even spoke on the phone. But I do think this was the first meeting. She got into the car and discovered this was not who she thought she was meeting. All speculation, all IMO, but I have a really sick feeling about the person she went to meet.

It also seems to me, based on the available information, the person she went to meet was someone with whom she has a relationship. How her dating lifestyle is defined doesn’t matter for this purpose. Regardless of how she met this person, it doesn’t preclude there being a very real relationship between them.

The fact that ML went to meet this person in the middle of the night after an emotional weekend and a flight delay makes me lean toward a relationship. That she went in “airplane clothes” and little make up makes me lean toward a relationship. I think many are baffled by how this may have started but in the end they may look very close to how any other couple might.

And just like many other stories on this forum, I fear that she has fallen victim to something done by an intimate partner.

Jmo.
Very much agree with your reasoning, and would add that the intimate partner would not need to be a longstanding relationship. It could have been someone she met since starting the online seeking SB/SD service as of May 19. The circumstances (funeral) could have led her to seek solace; if so it is more likely with someone she knew. It's also possible the person missed her and/or they had a prearranged date that was interrupted by her (unexpected) trip to CA for funeral. Unfortunately, none of this bodes well.

The meeting in the park also indicates to me that the someone was either married or did not want her to have access to his home. MOO of course.

From the last thread:

poppydarling said :

“Essentially. It’s very similar to any traditional means of dating. Which is why it is emotionally charged when sex work, sadness, or lack of autonomy is suggested. That’s simply not the driving force. It’s very close to what is considered mainstream.“

—-

Disclaimer I haven’t had my coffee yet. I am not attacking anyone in this post FTR:

Similar to traditional means of dating? I’m honestly not seeing the correlation here. Traditional means of dating imo is going on a date with someone because you are interested in them, are possibly attracted to them, enjoy spending time with them. Not because you want something from them necessarily. If these men didn’t have money, then the ladies wouldn’t want to go out with them. This in itself inserts a variable of artificiality, fakeness and materialism. This is nothing like traditional dating, imo, just because they go to a movie or restaurant it doesn’t make it the same, imo.

I’m really concerned about what I’m reading here. Young ladies seeing this as safe. Does it take something like what this for young ladies to open their eyes? I’m not explaining myself well but I’m not getting this discussion at all and am VERy CONCERNED about what is being seen to be viewed as normalized by some.

Which I’m not sure I agree with that either—-just because some young ladies here state this is normal and accepted and not frowned upon by their peers, that doesn’t mean the rest of America feels this way. I can think of plenty of young people who would say this is not appropriate or safe. Meeting some strange man on the Internet because he has MONeY.

This is a crime forum. Any kind of justification that this is safe behavior I am not in agreement with.

I appreciate the respectful discussion and if this is abrasive, I don’t know how else to word it.

Yes I’m all about female liberation and equality of power and all that stuff. Of course I am. Adults have the freedom to make their own choices.

Would I be concerned if my friends or family members were meeting up with strange men from the Internet because they had money? Of course I would! Wouldn’t anyone? Not to mention many of these guys are MARRIED.

I just woke up and need coffee but I am NOt feeling what's been put down here in these posts, moo.

I am not attacking anyone and mean this post as respectfully and academically as I can state it.

The more young women think this is normal or safe, the less they have their guards up.

Of course the majority of these men have sexual expectations! Moo.

Again, for all the female libbers out there, believe me I am on your side. I am just saying ImO this is not safe, meeting up with some strange older man on the Internet because he has money. Sure we all like gifts and money, who doesn’t?

Adults are adults and are free to have whatever kinds of relationships they want. I am all about a “May to December” romance ftr, as both of my exes are much older than me.

I’m not here to impose my morals on anyone, but I refuse to sit here on a crime forum and read about how these types of relationships do not pose very real danger concerns.
I believe you voiced your opinion beautifully. I, too, see such danger in these types of relationships in exchange for gifts and/or money. I am for empowering women/girls, however, I’ve always encouraged my daughter and the women I’ve worked with as a case manager, that if you can’t afford your lifestyle, make needed adjustments. Everyone...males and females need to share plans {who, what & where} with a trusted friend or family member.
Come home, Kenzie!

Wow, a couple people are still on this possibility it seems. You would have to really dislike your parents, family, and friends to do that without leaving a note or something. If there was a large financial need a staged kidnapping would have been followed by demands for money. I think it's more likely something accidental happened and the other party is ashamed or afraid to share what it was due to some other factor like, family obligation, loss of job and assets, etc. I still think it is possible she was going to go off with someone for the night and they missed a turn and went into a body of water or into a raveen which happens more commonly than it should. I remember a lady who was missing in NC who was on HWY 16 and was found a week or so too late as her car had driven over an embankment. The other party should be reported missing by now though. Otherwise, someone did actually plan something evil for her. I guarantee they didn't expect this strong of a response. The pressure is on if that's the case.

That's why I used the words talked into and coerced. I don't think she willingly would do this and I never said she didn't love her friends and family, but if she was highly emotional, I could see her being manipulated and not realizing it. Possibility yes, likely no.

I'm very curious about her state of mind too. The age of 23 is a strange time - some peers who were all at similar places in life just a year ago are starting to go in many different directions. Some are going into prestigious graduate schools or landing dream jobs. Others are in serious relationships moving toward marriage. It can be discouraging to be the one who is still in school trying to make rent and figure out what comes next. Losing her grandmother and attending friends' weddings may bring up big emotions. Also, sometimes when extended families are together, there can be weirdness with relationships/ memories/ expectations. All of that makes me wonder if she was in a frame of mind to do something out of character, like run away for awhile, take unusual risks, bail out on her summer class, etc. I no longer think that a voluntary disappearance will be the whole story here, but it may have started that way.
You make some very compassionate remarks. It can be a weird time in life, not really knowing what is going to happen in the next year. A feeling of "Am I prepared?" can be unsettling.

Some people use that feeling to take action so they are prepared. Others run away or self-sabotage (flunk classes, for example). And others sort of drift, living from moment to moment and living on hope that things will work out because they always have worked out well enough in the past.

I have a hunch ML was living in the moment, and I don't think she thought she was taking risks, but was sort of entertaining herself in the limbo years before "youthful student" era ends. That makes her vulnerable, imo, and willing to meet someone so late instead of preparing for an exam and being rested enough for work, etc. That's not a moral judgement, just an acknowledgement of the rather strange feeling of ending a life stage without knowing what the next life stage is.

jmo

Just so everyone knows, "the moderator" put an end to the ridiculous back and forth that was happening because @Tricia requested it. Tricia is traveling now and is appalled at what is going on in this case. She actually told me to tell you that she was going to shut down WS if it doesn't stop. I told her that I thought a warning would be enough.

How about a thread in the Parking Lot where people could debate SB lifestyle and only allow this thread for any MKs SB issues?

Ok.. possible theory A male friend NOT SD related or someone she sees in a romantic way, but he likes her, sends her a message while she’s at the airport he’s just chilling smoking some weed in his car does she want to meet he will drop her home, she’s already booked her Lyft so he just tells her where he is and she gets dropped off to have a smoke with a friend. But he wants to be more than friends, and has become obsessed with her and jealous of the fact that she’s a SB, he makes a move and the rest has been written many times in this forum, sadly.

I’m trying to come from every direction possible because if whoever did this is the type of person I described above then he will be wanting the attention to focus on the sugar lifestyle as that is the red flag staring us in the face. What if he’s someone she considers a friend who’s been obsessing over her? moo

I mentioned previously that I think whoever is responsible for her disappearance is someone close to her age, rather than someone substantially older. Something similar to this scenario seems extremely plausible to me.

Ok that's fair. So in your opinion though, somebody who is smart enough to have a burner as not to be IDed and tracked down...would that person go meet somebody at 3am in a dark parking lot with no others around? There is a naivety here that tells me she was not being careful. I am not victim blaming, but I am saying I think she may have not been in as much control of the situation as she thought she might have been. A lot of her SM trail has been discovered by true strangers (here, reddit, FB, all over), and to me that shows she wasn't concerned about hiding what she was doing.

Her trail is incredibly sloppy. Sometimes it baffles me how someone could take only small steps at concealing their identity and think it’s enough.

I still don’t understand why the dark parking lot unless it was someone saying they “needed to chat” about something. Even with her internal clock being on Pacific Time, <modsnip - victim blaming> that makes zero sense to me. Despite a lot of experience with casual dating that’s just not the sort of thing anyone has even suggested... much less something I think 99% of people would go along with.

Even my closest friends who would call at 3am while in a rough spot would never ask to meet in a park and chat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone. It is deeply concerning me more at this point. I don't believe this disappearance is voluntary. If it was, I believe we would have heard from Kenzie by now.

If that was the case I think she would have called LE and said I'm fine, no need for media attention, this was my choice etc. But that's not happening and that concerns me.
Sadly, I agree with you. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. You must be so worried and miss Kenzie a great deal.

Yes I have and it is unrelated to the sugar lifestyle in general.

That said, of course it appears that Kenzie was sexually comfortable and sexually active, when you sum up all the variables. My concern is primarily to prevent misrepresentation of the sugar lifestyle and to reduce the projection of sex work being tied to Kenzie's lifestyle. I definitely agree she appears to be open to sexual encounters, but beyond some hashtags and topless photos, we really do not know how she acted behind closed doors with any partners.
Agree but would be out of the realms of impossibly for the two to coincide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd