Identified! CA - Sacramento, WhtFem 142UFCA, 18-31, off I-5, Oct'81 - Lilly Ann Prendergast

I did some searches on the tattoo (flower, rose, hip, buttock, back), smoker (I'm amazed this isn't reported more often-especially now that so many people are nonsmokers), frosted hair (dyed, streaked), etc. I also widened the search time period to 1979-1982 and didn't find anything I thought was close enough to post.... will check some more another time, when an inspirational search idea grips me.
I believe that the tattoo may be a poinsettia flower. The sharp red petals stand out but the red stem and two green leaves may indicate otherwise. If this is a poinsettia it was probably drawn out from memory before she got the tattoo. This could mean that this was done unprofessionally. The poinsettia is not only a holiday symbol but it originated from southern mexico.

Attachments

• Poinsettia1.jpg
    Poinsettia1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Poinsettia2.jpg
    Poinsettia2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Poinsettia3.jpg
    Poinsettia3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
  • SacramentoTattoo.jpg
    SacramentoTattoo.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
How come they didn't give this UID any eyelids in her reconstruction?
Can they see that on a skull?
It makes her look asian, like SisterGrimm's recon, but Namus states the victim was white/caucasian.

eta SisterGrimm: I think it's a bad idea to use someone else's recon/drawing to make your own, especially when the remains are skeletal or decomposed. It has a lot to do with their own perception and opinion, they can only guess certain features.
You're a talented artist, but you need to work from scratch, and if there is just a skull you need some anatomical knowledge as well. That is jmo.

While I see your point about her appearing Hispanic I noted that I used descriptions. One description from an anthropology report stated that doe may have had dark skin but listed as White/Caucasian. I realized early on that this was a difficult reconstruction without clear post mortem photos. I noticed that the drawing and bust had similar features and could be used for proportionate features. Thank you for your honest opinion. It really helps with future recons.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Department - Cold Case Investigations- Homicide

Victim:
Jane Doe (Unidentified Female)
Date of Occurrence:October 27, 1981

Synopsis:
On the morning of October 27, 1981, partial skeletal remains were discovered on the side of Interstate 5, just south of Freeport Boulevard. The remains were examined and found to be female, possibly Caucasian. The remains estimated to be between the ages of 22 and 29, measured at approximately 5’0” to 5’4” tall. It is believed she was a smoker. The female had a small tattoo of a flower, also described as a “Mexican Rose”, on her right hip area. It was estimated the female had been dumped at that location as early as 6 weeks prior to as late as 6 months prior to discovery.

1981-083761.jpg

'The plant (Poincettia) is native to Mexico and Guatemala and is associated with December (according to some sources), marking the bearer as clean, pure and sacred. The poinsettia is also a symbol for motherhood, joy, love etc.

Jane Doe has been identified as Lilly Ann Prendergast missing from Dallas, Texas.

preview

Nameless Since 1981, Detectives ID Woman Whose Remains Were Found On Sacramento Freeway Shoulder

Prendergrast, who was 26 when her remains were found, was reportedly last seen leaving her family’s Dallas, TX home back in late 1980 and also had ties to the Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Texas areas. Detectives say she was known to hitchhike, but it’s unknown how she ended up in Sacramento.

Now, the sheriff’s office is hoping Prendergast’s identification will help jog the memories of anyone with information regarding her disappearance and death. Anyone with information relevant to the case is urged to leave a tip at (916) 874-8477.

VICTIM - LILY ANN PRENDERGAST - SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA — FBI

FBI page for Lily.
dump_1.gif

Details:
On October 27, 1981, skeletal remains of a white female adult were discovered on the side of Interstate 5 in Sacramento County, California. Authorities determined the victim had been killed one to five months prior; however, she remained unidentified for almost 40 years.

In February 2020, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a DNA match to familial reference samples identifying this subject as Lily Ann PRENDERGAST, originally from Ohio. According to family, Lily was last seen leaving her parents’ home in Dallas, Texas, after an argument sometime in late 1980. Lily was never heard from again. Lily has connections and/or family in Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Texas. She was known to hitchhike.

Lily Prendergast’s homicide is still unsolved. Anyone with information regarding Prendergast or this case is urged to contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back