Dog the Bounty Hunter Star Beth Chapman Dies at 51

MagnoliaMountain

Red Rose
Reaction score
Dog the Bounty Hunter Star Beth Chapman Dies at 51: 'She Hiked the Stairway to Heaven'

“It’s 5:32 in Hawaii, this is the time she would wake up to go hike Koko Head mountain,” her husband Duane “Dog” Chapman tweeted Wednesday. “Only today, she hiked the stairway to heaven. We all love you, Beth. See you on the other side.”

News of her death comes after Dog revealed that Beth was admitted to Hawaii’s Queen’s Medical Center’s on June 22. According to Hawaii News Now, she was put into a medically-induced coma.

“It’s quite serious,” a rep for the Chapmans told PEOPLE at the time.

In a statement to Hawaii News Now, her husband said both he and his family “humbly ask everyone to please pray for Beth.”

On June 24, he also shared a message on Twitter, asking his followers to “please say your prayers for Beth right now.”

In November 2018, Duane that she was “not doing well.” Days before his comment, PEOPLE confirmed Beth was hospitalized in Los Angeles for an emergency surgery to clear a throat blockage that was obstructing her airways.

The Chapmans first opened up about Beth’s illness in September 2017 when they publicly announced her stage II throat cancer diagnosis.

-----------------------------------

RIP Mrs. Chapman. Thinking of all her loved ones.

Rest well, Beth! You fought two long, hard battles and deserve to rest peacefully forever more. You were so loved and admired by Dog and so so so many people with whom you've interacted. Beyond that, millions of fans are mourning your passing so rest, lovely lady. Your memory will forever remain alive. My prayers to Dog and all other family and friends who undoubtedly are hurting right now.

:( RIP Beth

Beth became a licensed bail bondsman at age 29 -- the youngest in Colorado history. Her record was broken by her stepdaughter, Lyssa Chapman, who became licensed at age 19.

She met Dog when she was 19 and he was 35 ... when she got in trouble with the law. She was in a grocery store and got distracted by a call from her boss, and she walked out with a lemon and got stopped for shoplifting. Turns out she had an unregistered, unlicensed gun in her pocket -- she had taken it from her then-boyfriend who was drunk at the time -- and Beth's dad called Dog to bail her out.

They married in 2006, one day after Dog's daughter, Barbara Katy, was killed in a car crash in Alaska.

Dog and Beth became international stars after "Dog the Bounty Hunter" debuted in 2003. The show ended its run in 2012. They did another show -- "Dog and Beth: On the Hunt" which ran through 2015. The couple took a break from TV for a bit, and during that time ... Beth ran for president of the Professional Bail Agents of the United States and won. They were in the process of filming a new show, "Dog's Most Wanted," which was set to air next year.

Dog the Bounty Hunter's Wife, Beth Chapman, Dead at 51 After Cancer Battle

I am so terribly saddened to hear of her passing.

She was a woman of tremendous strength and faith and love. And humor. And smart, man was she smart,

I loved their show because she was the normal one. Which is sorta hard to say when you see how really beautiful and bountiful she was. My favorite episode might be the one where they got married.

She loved Duane throught thick and thin and she had great relationships with his “ extended “ family, and their own children.

She was truly larger than life . And she was a person I would love to have known and called my friend.

My greatest condolences to Dwayne, their children and extended family, employees, friends, and fans the world over.

Last edited:
Beth was a wonderful woman who touched a lot of people's lives. She will be missed by many. My thoughts today will go to her husband and her family that peace will be with them and strength to help them through this hard emotional times . She no long.er suffers and that should offer comfort to all of us who loved her.

:( RIP Beth

Beth became a licensed bail bondsman at age 29 -- the youngest in Colorado history. Her record was broken by her stepdaughter, Lyssa Chapman, who became licensed at age 19.

She met Dog when she was 19 and he was 35 ... when she got in trouble with the law. She was in a grocery store and got distracted by a call from her boss, and she walked out with a lemon and got stopped for shoplifting. Turns out she had an unregistered, unlicensed gun in her pocket -- she had taken it from her then-boyfriend who was drunk at the time -- and Beth's dad called Dog to bail her out.

They married in 2006, one day after Dog's daughter, Barbara Katy, was killed in a car crash in Alaska.

Dog and Beth became international stars after "Dog the Bounty Hunter" debuted in 2003. The show ended its run in 2012. They did another show -- "Dog and Beth: On the Hunt" which ran through 2015. The couple took a break from TV for a bit, and during that time ... Beth ran for president of the Professional Bail Agents of the United States and won. They were in the process of filming a new show, "Dog's Most Wanted," which was set to air next year.

Dog the Bounty Hunter's Wife, Beth Chapman, Dead at 51 After Cancer Battle

JerseyGirl, ty for this. I didn't know most of it. Beth, the armed lemon thief--imagine that! We love you, Beth.

What can I say that hasn’t already been said. I feel bad for Dog as I know he was very reliant on her and loved Beth very much.

My son and I used to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter years ago. We were always impressed with how caring and giving they were toward the ‘hunted’ after they captured them.

RIP Beth!

This really hit me 'cause I'm about her age and fighting cancer right now. Also, I really admired their 'realness' and loved watching their show. There was apparently a special in 2017 about her cancer diagnoses called 'The Fight of Their Life' or something. I haven't seen it and I bet it would be super-sad especially now that she's gone. There are some people who are such larger-than-life personalities that it makes it surreal and hard-to-believe when they die. She was one of those people to me. I think I really would've liked her had I ever known her. She was all about family and she loved animals, which endeared her to me. She was a real force in this life. She will be missed. RIP Beth.

This really hit me 'cause I'm about her age and fighting cancer right now. Also, I really admired their 'realness' and loved watching their show. There was apparently a special in 2017 about her cancer diagnoses called 'The Fight of Their Life' or something. I haven't seen it and I bet it would be super-sad especially now that she's gone. There are some people who are such larger-than-life personalities that it makes it surreal and hard-to-believe when they die. She was one of those people to me. I think I really would've liked her had I ever known her. She was all about family and she loved animals, which endeared her to me. She was a real force in this life. She will be missed. RIP Beth.

Keep fighting your fight against cancer. Cancer has taken away so many of my loved ones - even my dogs.
I know this sounds like a broken record, but I really, truly do pray for you.

I just watched the brief interview that Duane (Dog) Chapman gave about life after Beth’s passing and it’s heartbreaking.

His grief is so palpable.

Sending him strength and peace in this tough time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back