Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:'( Ugh. I got a bad feeling in my gut as soon as I saw the old photo they are using in the media. I'm assuming that it was taken at Halloween due to his costume and the fact that he doesn't even look two. There aren't more recent pics?! I pray it's not the case, but I have a feeling this isn't going to end well and the parent(s) are involved. Much less important at this time, but worth noting, is that he is not even close to being safely secured in that car seat.

I hope they (LE) have checked under the house. Mobile homes have underpinning of some type (some are brick, some are metal panels) with access doors for accessing pipes, vents, etc. I hope they've checked UNDER the house and not just in it.

I hate to be morbid, but it needs to be checked.
^^^ Agreed.

But assuming they've used SAR dogs-- wouldn't they have have already discovered this ?
Also, there's the septic system. Don't mobile homes have their own septic per house ?
Remember the other child (also called Noah, iirc.) was discovered having fallen into the septic tank ?

"We are still hopeful we will find him safe and sound in some location, but we are looking at all potential aspects that this case could lead us to." - @HamptonVAPolice @ChiefTerrySult speaking about the search for 2-year-old Noah Tomlin

Katie Collett on Twitter

"We have looked on land, water, we have checked trash, dumpsters, neighborhoods, houses, underneath buildings and sheds...We have done water searches with side scan sonar. We have used air boats and aerial drone teams." - @ChiefTerrySult on search for 2-year-old Noah Tomlin

Katie Collett on Twitter

"Today we have shifted our search efforts to the landfill. There is nothing specific that lead us to the landfill...The landfill was always in the plan to search." - @ChiefTerrySult of Hampton PD on search for Noah Tomlin:

Police chief provides update on search for missing 2-year-old Hampton boy

@WAVY_News

Katie Collett on Twitter

"What our residents can do is be vigilant in looking out for Noah. If you hear of anyone seeing him, call police...If you have pictures or video in the time frame in the area where Noah went missing from 1am to today, police would like to see it." -@ChiefTerrySult

@WAVY_News

Katie Collett on Twitter

"There's someone out there that likely knows something. We need that information to help guide us as well." -@ChiefTerrySult of @HamptonVAPolice during live interview on @WAVY_News 10 Midday

Katie Collett on Twitter

"The parents are cooperating. They have been very busy working with us." -@HamptonVAPolice @ChiefTerrySult speaking about the parents of Noah Tomlin who has been missing since Monday. @TamaraScottWAVY will have a live report on @WAVY_News 10 Midday.

Katie Collett on Twitter

"Noah was a toddler that wasn't very mobile yet. He could take a few steps and fall down then take a few more steps and fall down." -@ChiefTerrySult

@WAVY_News

Katie Collett on Twitter

Hampton Police @ChiefTerrySult told reporters police have been speaking with family members (both in state and out of state) to make sure Noah Tomlin isn't with them. -@WAVY_News

Katie Collett on Twitter

My first thought was if she is truly an addict then its possible she did drugs while pregnant? Certain durgs can cause issues with children reaching developmental milestones.

But at same time it could be any reason..

My youngest didn't walk until he was almost two due to pre-natal issue involving one muscle in his neck. It delayed everything from rolling over, sitting up, etc. I was told being a late walker could be anything from neglect to medical.

This case is such a mess. They all are. I feel like it could go in any direction. If mom had a habit of neglect and foul-ups, and something happened that resulted in a disposal, that wouldn't surprise me. If mom was just out cold and someone else took him, that wouldn't surprise me either. What WOULD surprise me is if he left his house on his own sometime between "bedtime" and "reporting time" and NOBODY saw him and reported it. That's just unlikely. Its summer by the beach, people are out and about. Based on the refocus, trash suspension and landfill discussion, it's looking more and more like disposal is the prevailing LE theory.
bbm
Indeed it is -- at least LE is at the point that they think it may be more than a mere possibility (as was on their list all along, I'm sure, no matter what the family's lifestyle might be) and they need to rule it out, if that's possible. I would think searching for a body could be done with the contents of a dumpster -- if they are used in this area -- but what about a landfill? How can you rule out a dumping of almost anything at a landfill?? But there are dogs and maybe other means of being fairly sure that it is or is not a strong possibility either way.
Did anyone see or hear anything? If so, and if it is negative for the parents or anyone else, we won't know, most likely, unless this becomes an arrest and a trial.

Did drone video very early on of the landfill so they could get a benchmark of where the trash was, also made sure to note where the trash from this area was being dumped so they would know where to search once/if the time came
Searching out of state as well
Looking into every scenario, even someone who wanted to care for the child and took him
PC over

Did I hear that last part correctly??? Is he basically admitting Noah's living situation was awful and someone potentially took it into their own hands to "rescue" Noah??

If so, I'm sad to say, this would most likely be the best scenario. Jmo

Could her older children have arranged to rescue him?
He disappeared right after their visit iirc.
Wouldn't that be a much better ending than whats being anticipated?

They sure could have sent a signal to someone else in the family. But kids generally don't have malicious intent, I suspect they would have been interviewed by LE as well and passed that info on.

"Noah was a toddler that wasn't very mobile yet. He could take a few steps and fall down then take a few more steps and fall down." -@ChiefTerrySult

Does he believe it's more likely than not, Noah, will not be found alive?

ETA:

What does he know that we don't for him to speak in the past tense

That landfill looks huge with miles of fencing I think from satellite pics.

I think @AnnaGrace is referring to the question in my post about LE making a suggestion that one scenario could be someone took Noah because they felt the need to save him from his current living situation.
I agree, this would be the best case scenario- I wish someone had done this.

BBM

If Noah falls every couple of steps, how would someone not hear him crying when he falls? Does he do steps? Are there steps at that trailer? Does he crawl or crawl fast instead of walking??? Lots of questions.

Unless he's non-verbal autistic. This is just speculation on my part. We haven't heard anything about that from LE. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak