Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
So please refresh my memory if you can:

1-Did Abby or Libby have a boyfriend?
2-Was Libby using her phone or her grandmother's phone?
3-Was it a family member who found them?
4-Was it someone who lived less than a mile from crime scene who found them?
5-Did Abby ever have her own phone or was it taken away or broken?

Still praying for an answer.

1. Not AFAIK
2. Her phone, she had to reset it according to BP a day or so earlier.
3. No source for this. My thoughts, no but possibly distant family.
4. As above.
5. Not AFAIK. I believe she had an IPAD and FB.

Unfortunately, I believe we are going to be here a year from now wondering if 'today' is the day and where this killer is. I've seen a lot of cases where LE put on the full court press and put massive resources into an investigation but this appears to be the largest amount of personnel resources I've ever seen applied to a murder or missing person. And to date, we don't have anything. I don't believe this killer has said anything to anyone and if he doesn't live in the Delphi area no one has a clue that he was there that day. I believe this guy is going to have to be arrested for something that causes LE to take his DNA before he gets caught.

A year from now? Possible, but I doubt it. His days are numbered. I'd bet my bottom dollar that at least one person in his inner circle has a suspicion about him. They may have been on the fence about calling in a tip to LE early on in the investigation. When the OBG sketch came out after a few months, they said to themselves "well, that doesn't look like my spouse/brother/friend." Which allowed them to convince themselves that he wasn't involved (this time) - which I imagine was a relief. So they don't turn him in, and go on with their lives without having to deal with that.

With the release of NBG sketch, I think that even if it doesn't look that much like him that just taking the OBG sketch off the table would be enough to take that relief away from the people in his inner circle. It just takes one person giving LE the right name. The press conference spurred a flurry of new tips. 3,000+ within two weeks or something, right? For my money, his name is in those tips, and it is in there more than once. And once they get his name, or if he draws attention to himself by leaving the area if he does still live in Delphi or a very nearby community, all of the pieces of their investigation will start falling into place fairly quickly. IMO.

If I was this guy, I would be turning myself in to do damage control while I still can. No videos playing on a loop on every TV station in the country of the police dragging me out of my house in handcuffs, the best chance at striking a deal where I plead guilty to avoid the death penalty and avoid a trial in which all the details of the incident become very public and being seen by all of my family and friends (without me being able to spin or explain it to them) and everyone else who knows me.

But I doubt he will do that, I would bet that until the second he gets arrested he, and we, won't see it coming.

I really hope it doesn't take him finally losing control and committing another crime to catch him, but the longer he isn't caught the likelier it is he commits another crime (IMO MOO). And that'd be the nail in his coffin. With his luck there will be video in HD next time. Again, if it were me, I'd be turning myself in before I did this again and got caught but now had 1,000x more hatred directed at me blasted all over the internet and all over TV. Unfortunately I'd probably also bet my bottom dollar he wouldn't ever turn himself in. But IMO that will not be necessary, I think an arrest a year from now is as likely as an arrest tomorrow (IMO, that is based on nothing, MOO).

You and others have pointed out to me how judgmental my post was and you are so right.
Forgive me. I do not know how I would react or grieve in the situation Abby's mom is in.
Her daughter was murdered. Mine was a stupid comment and I sincerely apologize.
I truly am a compassionate person. That was very cruel of me.
I think it's hard for any of us to know how to express these kind of feelings of empathy. Not truly understanding the depth of the families pain, unless we had suffered in a simular sense. But I'm sure these families will understand and forgive us for our lack of word in our simple attempts to comfort them. Your opology was heart felt. IMO

Unfortunately, I believe we are going to be here a year from now wondering if 'today' is the day and where this killer is. I've seen a lot of cases where LE put on the full court press and put massive resources into an investigation but this appears to be the largest amount of personnel resources I've ever seen applied to a murder or missing person. And to date, we don't have anything. I don't believe this killer has said anything to anyone and if he doesn't live in the Delphi area no one has a clue that he was there that day. I believe this guy is going to have to be arrested for something that causes LE to take his DNA before he gets caught.
Do they take DNA samples from drug dealers and Meth cookers?

Just some thoughts on my profile, after reading many things, some not allowed to be talked about on WS and leaning heavily on what the ISP have said and done.

Killer is a mid to late 20's( but may look younger, which allows him more easy contact with teenagers) and is local.

I think he's employed somewhere in the surrounding area to Delphi. I think his job may afford him time away from his actual work address during the work day. (like a person who works for a place that needs to send people out on errands etc...)

He's intelligent enough but he's no brainiac. I think this person has an alpha male thing going on but he's not very good at it in other people's eyes, especially women. I think he may have known one or both girls. I think his inflated ego makes him reckless and appear disjointed sometimes but he can focus under pressure and get things done.

I think he has a very angry and cruel side that's been with him and noticeable since childhood. I don't think he's had much luck with the opposite sex and overcompensates for this with bravado and crude talk. I think he looks to younger girls because women his age find him undesirable after scratching the surface.

I think he comes from a well off family, not a struggling one.

I think he will travel and possibly commit murder again, if he hasn't already.
AJMO
Think, you have MY person of interest ...! :p

I totally agree with you. Sadly :(

Think, you have MY person of interest ...! :p
I may have thought of yours but my mind isn't set really with anyone. There's just too much we don't know. I probably should have stressed more my profile being general because of that fact.

A year from now? Possible, but I doubt it. His days are numbered. I'd bet my bottom dollar that at least one person in his inner circle has a suspicion about him. They may have been on the fence about calling in a tip to LE early on in the investigation. When the OBG sketch came out after a few months, they said to themselves "well, that doesn't look like my spouse/brother/friend." Which allowed them to convince themselves that he wasn't involved (this time) - which I imagine was a relief. So they don't turn him in, and go on with their lives without having to deal with that.

With the release of NBG sketch, I think that even if it doesn't look that much like him that just taking the OBG sketch off the table would be enough to take that relief away from the people in his inner circle. It just takes one person giving LE the right name. The press conference spurred a flurry of new tips. 3,000+ within two weeks or something, right? For my money, his name is in those tips, and it is in there more than once. And once they get his name, or if he draws attention to himself by leaving the area if he does still live in Delphi or a very nearby community, all of the pieces of their investigation will start falling into place fairly quickly. IMO.

If I was this guy, I would be turning myself in to do damage control while I still can. No videos playing on a loop on every TV station in the country of the police dragging me out of my house in handcuffs, the best chance at striking a deal where I plead guilty to avoid the death penalty and avoid a trial in which all the details of the incident become very public and being seen by all of my family and friends (without me being able to spin or explain it to them) and everyone else who knows me.

But I doubt he will do that, I would bet that until the second he gets arrested he, and we, won't see it coming.

I really hope it doesn't take him finally losing control and committing another crime to catch him, but the longer he isn't caught the likelier it is he commits another crime (IMO MOO). And that'd be the nail in his coffin. With his luck there will be video in HD next time. Again, if it were me, I'd be turning myself in before I did this again and got caught but now had 1,000x more hatred directed at me blasted all over the internet and all over TV. Unfortunately I'd probably also bet my bottom dollar he wouldn't ever turn himself in. But IMO that will not be necessary, I think an arrest a year from now is as likely as an arrest tomorrow (IMO, that is based on nothing, MOO).

MOO getting away with things might be his sport. Succeeding at a crime might even be his true motive, he might have worked himself up to killing for an expedient reason and then after committing such a hideous act with out mercy or remorse, ignited his escape adrenalin with a hell for leather rush away and home. Hear the news and act appropriately with others within his role in life.
MOO it probably surprises him that he was successful.

Last edited:

I would tend to completely agree, although the fact LE came out in April saying BG is from, or connected to, Delphi gives me hope.

Here is why- if I step outside of my close perspective as a “sleuther” and assume the mindset of the general public and ask myself very simply: Why on earth has a murderer for whom there is video (even if not great quality) and audio not been caught?! The clear short answer to me would be bc the perp is not recognized. I’d assume therefore he’s a random passerby. Gives little hope 2 and 1/2 years in that he’d be caught.

However. LE says in April that BG in fact DOES have local ties. And he’s been “hiding in plain sight”. I put my general public hat on and say “Oh, well then that’s different. Someone will recognize him”.

So at this point I believe there is hope he’ll be recognized, if not already.

MOO

I think the only way forward is to release more audio. I know LE don't want to do this but longer pieces of speech are needed. It might just be the thing that makes a friend/relative of BG think they know who it is. I think hearing his may be heartbreaking but as the months go on ot may be all LE have. They said leave us for 2 weeks. I really think he thought this would be it, the extra audio and video would bring in te valid tips. What other direction could they go in?

Looking at the maps, I can't help but feel BG is extremely familiar with the area. I feel that he definitely planned to do this that day. I can't stop the feeling that he killed them because one or both of them knew something that he didn't want to get out. Or he lured them online through a secret app to rape/kill.

Also, I thought I had read that Abby had a boyfriend? Is that true?

Lastly, I think Libby kicked her shoe off on purpose to lead searchers. Just a thought.
I’ve never bought into the theory that he “silenced” them because they knew something. I think if that was the case, they would have already told someone close to them. Friend or family. That theory is way to tv-ish for me and what could they have possibly seen or known that would have warranted him killing them? I also disagree that they were lured there by some secret meet up online. There would be too much of a digital footprint.

Does anyone else think that railroad trestle looks incredibly dangerous? Maybe it's just because I have heights issues but I would never step foot on it and I'm surprised it's open for the public to walk across with no railings or barriers whatsoever.

I think the only way forward is to release more audio. I know LE don't want to do this but longer pieces of speech are needed. It might just be the thing that makes a friend/relative of BG think they know who it is. I think hearing his may be heartbreaking but as the months go on ot may be all LE have. They said leave us for 2 weeks. I really think he thought this would be it, the extra audio and video would bring in te valid tips. What other direction could they go in?
I think they need to release more info period that does not jeopardize the case. I’m not talking about COD. I believe they need to keep that quiet because of “ how he left them”. I can’t think of a scenario where they release info that leads to the arrest of a suspect but then they can’t prosecute him because it was public knowledge.

Does anyone else think that railroad trestle looks incredibly dangerous? Maybe it's just because I have heights issues but I would never step foot on it and I'm surprised it's open for the public to walk across with no railings or barriers whatsoever.

The danger of the Monon High Bridge has been mentioned before. I would not go on it either! But iirc it is not part of the official trail, and had just been decaying in situ while trail users regularly trespassed upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975