New England - Missing and Murdered

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]TODAY: is the forth anniversary of Maura Murray's disappearance.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Please keep her, and her family, in your prayers today.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]A posting on Maura's website today.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]From elsewherebriefly[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:18 am [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"I know what it is like to experience the anguish of losing a sister, my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]What was even harder for me was seeing the toll this loss took on my parents. It was then that I realized the worse fate in this world and in one's lifetime is for a parent to outlive a child. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I have since learned that I was wrong. There is a more terrible fate, and this is for a parent to lose a child without answers or closure. Four years is far too long to carry such a burden of anguish. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]My thoughts and prayers will continue to go out each day to Fred & Laurie as well as all of the other parents of missing children."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]For Maura; may you come home soon sweetie.[/FONT]

MASSACHUSETTS
David Louison, 6 Brockton, 6/18/74
Denise Cochran, 11 Brockton, 5/23/75
Wilfredo Torres, 9 Dorchester, 5/9/83
Sarah Pryor, 9 Wayland, 10/9/85
Tracy Gilpin, 15 Kingston, 10/1/86
Melissa Tremblay, 11 Lawrence, 9/11/88
Thomas Picard, 11 Fall River, 10/2/88
Michael Stitt, 14 Webster, 2/19/88
Holly Piirainen, 10 Sturbridge, 8/5/93
Ingrid Souza, 15 Lexington, 12/28/99

Many of these have been found but not solved (eg- Holly Piiraninen)

The following children are missing from Massachusetts in addition to the ones previously listed:
-Leigh Sevoie, 9, Revere, 4/7/1974
-Susan Labbe, 17, Lawrence, 8/7/1974
-Angelo Puglisi, 10, Lawrence, 8/21/1976
-Nelida De Jesus Del Valle, 9, Boston, 12/20/1976
-Debra Ann Quimby, Townsend, 13, 5/3/1977
-Simone Stephanie Ridinger, 17, Sherborn, 9/3/1977
-Andrew Amato, 4, Webster, 9/30/1978
-Taj Narbonne, 9, Lemonister, 3/31/1981
-James Rogers, 14, Hanson, 10/18/1981
-Catherine Ruth Macolmson, 16, 9/13/1985
-Melanie Melanson, 14, Woburn, 10/27/1989
-Jennifer Lynn Fay, 16, Brockton, 11/14/1989
-James Lusher, 16, Westfield, 11/6/1992
-Jesus De La Cruz, 6, Lynn, 9/28/1996

This list is not exhaustive and only includes those 17 and under.

Family Believes 1986 Murder of Massachusetts Teen Tracy Gilpin ‘Absolutely Solvable’

"Tracy Gilpin will forever be 15.

And sometimes, for her older sister Kerry, it feels like she too will forever be a teenager. Sometimes, it's as if her whole family is stuck in 1986, the year Tracy vanished. The year Tracy was found murdered.

"It's hard to think it's been 30 years without her," Kerry Gilpin told Dateline. "We just hope it can be solved now."...

Authorities would later release she had been brutally murdered, the cause of death most likely from a massive blow to the head. It's believed Tracy was killed the same night she disappeared....

More than 30 years have since passed, and whatever happened to Tracy that night remains a mystery. Her case has been reexamined a number of times by several different departments. Investigators have traveled to several states to speak with individuals they thought may lead them in a specific direction. Budget cuts and current cases, though, have pushed Tracy's long-ago case to the backburner...

Last year, Tracy's case got some media attention, after her family announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of her killer. Kerry also decided to start a Facebook page, 'Justice for Tracy Gilpin,' to help build on the momentum.

Several tips have come in since. Hopefully, one will lead to the answers Tracy's family has been praying for all these years. Perhaps this is the year justice will be found..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold...teen-tracy-gilpin-absolutely-solvable-n725341

tracy_gilpin_for_graphic_dba49816fb4881949ffae24ad31894f3.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wcvb.com/article/arrest-made-in-1986-murder-of-15-year-old-massachusetts-girl/19398647
KINGSTON, Mass. —
A man has been arrested in connection with a over 30-year-old murder case involving a family member of a state police colonel. More at link

Family Believes 1986 Murder of Massachusetts Teen Tracy Gilpin ‘Absolutely Solvable’

"Tracy Gilpin will forever be 15.

And sometimes, for her older sister Kerry, it feels like she too will forever be a teenager. Sometimes, it's as if her whole family is stuck in 1986, the year Tracy vanished. The year Tracy was found murdered.

"It's hard to think it's been 30 years without her," Kerry Gilpin told Dateline. "We just hope it can be solved now."...

Authorities would later release she had been brutally murdered, the cause of death most likely from a massive blow to the head. It's believed Tracy was killed the same night she disappeared....

More than 30 years have since passed, and whatever happened to Tracy that night remains a mystery. Her case has been reexamined a number of times by several different departments. Investigators have traveled to several states to speak with individuals they thought may lead them in a specific direction. Budget cuts and current cases, though, have pushed Tracy's long-ago case to the backburner...

Last year, Tracy's case got some media attention, after her family announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of her killer. Kerry also decided to start a Facebook page, 'Justice for Tracy Gilpin,' to help build on the momentum.

Several tips have come in since. Hopefully, one will lead to the answers Tracy's family has been praying for all these years. Perhaps this is the year justice will be found..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold...teen-tracy-gilpin-absolutely-solvable-n725341

tracy_gilpin_for_graphic_dba49816fb4881949ffae24ad31894f3.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wcvb.com/article/arrest-made-in-1986-murder-of-15-year-old-massachusetts-girl/19398647
KINGSTON, Mass. —
A man has been arrested in connection with a over 30-year-old murder case involving a family member of a state police colonel. More at link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an MSN link of what looks to be the same article you posted.
I am anxious to see what technology finally broke this case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-of-15-year-old-massachusetts-girl/ar-BBK6rMi

She is not missing. Her disappearance is still considered a cold case, although they had a lead. I remember her disappearance well. I was 11 and she was 10. We went to the the same elementary school and lived in the same city, of course. The store she visited was nearby one of my friend’s apartment, at the time. She was one of like 5 kids abducted and killed in our area, just that year. Scary stuff when you are a little kid. A few years before that, it was a four month old baby. They found her near my aunt’s apartment, at the time. It definitely stayed with me all of these years, especially with two little girls of my own now.

She is not missing. Her disappearance is still considered a cold case, although they had a lead. I remember her disappearance well. I was 11 and she was 10. We went to the the same elementary school and lived in the same city, of course. The store she visited was nearby one of my friend’s apartment, at the time. She was one of like 5 kids abducted and killed in our area, just that year. Scary stuff when you are a little kid. A few years before that, it was a four month old baby. They found her near my aunt’s apartment, at the time. It definitely stayed with me all of these years, especially with two little girls of my own now.

Welcome to WS!

That must have been a terrifying six months for sure.
Hopefully, there were no more abductions or murders of young children in your area after that.

New Hampshire unsolved case file: Diane Compagna and Anne Psaradelis

Two 15-year-old girls from Merrimack were last seen hitchhiking 45 years ago before their bodies were found months later, and the case remains unsolved.

compagna-psaradelis-1531338755.jpg

NH Cold Case Unit
Diane Compagna (left) and Anne Psaradelis (right)

-- Last seen alive: July 12, 1973
-- Bodies found: Sept. 29, 1973
-- Case status: Unsolved homicide

Diane Compagna and Anne Psaradelis had been seen at Hampton Beach and were last seen hitchhiking in the direction of Merrimack late in the afternoon of July 12, 1973.

It was initially thought that the girls had run away, but their bodies were found on Sept. 29, 1973, in a wooded area off of New Boston Road in Candia -- a short distance away from Route 101, a common route used by drivers in the Merrimack Valley to travel to and from Hampton Beach.

Wow. I know Hampton Beach and have visited there and it’s surrounding areas many, many times. I’ve never heard this story although it lends to parents warnings to never ever hitchhike. I’m a child of the 70s and there seems to be a trend with hitchhiking incidents. IMO.

Link to official cold case
Diana Compagna | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice

I've been reading into this. I can't seem to find a separate thread for them, is there one on Websleuths?

Hi. I am originally from Norwalk. Just for the record, Kathleen Flynn was MURDERED. Her body was found the next day in the woods by her school. It was during her first month of middle school. (6th grade) She lived 3 blocks away from us. They have yet to find her killer(s). They seem to think it was someone she was aquainted with. So sad. I had a daughter who was 10 years old at the time. This story especially stands out in my mind because it happened so close to my home.

it took a lot more time but they finally got him

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88