Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE say her cell was turned off immediately at the park? Where did this info come from that many are alluding to? Or is this speculation? I have watched all LE media reports and don’t recall hearing her cell phone was turned off after she entered any car.

“Pretty much right after the contact was made at the park—that’s when things went dark,” said Detective Greg Wilking.

https://ksltv.com/416737/forensics-expert-phone-records-may-be-dead-end-in-lueck-disappearance/

The reason I wondered about someone calling in for her was because of another missing person's case (Kierra Coles in Chicago). Kierra supposedly called in sick the day she disappeared, but it was later determined that it was probably not Kierra who called in because she worked for USPS and they apparently have an automated system where employees just enter their employee ID or something similar in the system and they don't actually have to talk to a live person or to their manager.

Obviously, I have no idea if the lab where Kenzie works requires voice contact with an actual person or if an email could be sent or something similar.

Great point! I worked for two businesses that had a phone in system. One required a pin and allowed you to select off a menu why you were calling out. Another was an automated phone system also but once you got through the prompts you have to leave a voice message. I definitely think requiring a voice message is better because it can give away certain things like who is calling and if they are in distress.

That's interesting. I NEVER turn off my phone. I may turn the ringer off, but I don't turn off my phone.

Could things have gone bad almost immediately?

That’s what I do, but I know other people who turn the entire phone off if they don’t want to be interrupted by it. Her friends might know what her habits were? @yellowmoose ?

Let me preface what I am about to say with the fact that I would never blame a victim or anything as I and many I know are victims. Also, MK is young enough to be my grandchild. The SD/SB "lifestyle" may not be sexually based, may not be equivalent to sex work, and between adults is certainly no one's business, BUT, it is still based on possessing and controlling another human being. It may be "normal", trendy, "no big deal", and just in general as current in our society as text speak or vines or other various societal changes in communication norms, but to a serial or compulsive person with violent tendencies these sites are like an all you can get buffet of victims. If anyone wants to believe otherwise that's your prerogative, but just know there are many predators out there who are wringing their hands with joy for this new-ish pipeline of unsuspecting and nearly untrackable young people at their disposal. I seriously hope MK did not catch the eye of one, but IMO a person who considers themselves a S/D already views other human beings as something to be obtained, and add to that one who is clinically a psycho or sociopath and you have just another example of exploitation. It's the refusal to call it what it is that is creating a human trafficking atmosphere in the world and personally I don't want to be in the camp that allows that to go on just so I can feel like I am up with the times. JMO.

Did LE say her cell was turned off immediately at the park? Where did this info come from that many are alluding to? Or is this speculation? I have watched all LE media reports and don’t recall hearing her cell phone was turned off after she entered any car.
The word immediately wasn't used. I think it was vaguer than that, but implying soon.

People are sort of jumping on the idea it was immediate.

Whatever the case, she wasn't active on her phone after meeting the person in the park. That's the overall point, imo.

jmo

Still stuck on this camera issue. This may have already been addressed. Apologies if it has. Does anyone know if there are cameras around the area that could have captured any vehicles driving that early in the morning? Like a corner store? Bank? Police Station? Etc...Wondering if these places video surveillance could be checked.
I sure hope so and they are definitely being checked or have been checked. MOO

This may surprise you:

According to Seeking Arrangement’s data, 71 percent of the site’s users in Utah are Mormon. And, like our man Ron, 52.1 percent of sugar daddies in Salt Lake City are married. This statistic makes Salt Lake City the second-highest in the country for having cheating sugar daddies, right behind Birmingham, Ala., at 58.2 percent. bbm

Sugar Daddy

Only the OP can answer whether that surprises her/him or not, but I'm not sure why it would. The posted stats are not surprising at all as they are entirely consistent with Utah's demographics.

The part you bolded is clearly referring to having the second-highest percentage of users who are married versus those who aren't, not the second-highest quantity of married users. Utah has the highest percentage of married persons rate in the country at 56.1%, so it's not surprising that a comparable percentage (52.1%) of SA users in Utah are married. These states have the highest – and lowest – percentage of married people in the US

Likewise, 68% of Utah residents are Mormon. So it's not surprising that 71% of SA users in Utah are Mormon. Mormon Population By State

The OP's post was addressed to the quantity of SDs in the area. The statistics in your post don't say anything about the quantity of users in Utah or SLC, only about the religious affiliation of the users who are in Utah, and the percentage of SLC users who are married.

If there are 31 users in Utah and 22 are Mormon, 71 percent of the users are Mormon.

If there are 48 users in SLC and 25 are married, 52.1 percent of the SLC users are married.

A search warrant on her email provider may be their best hope of finding many of her apps.

Usually you need an email address to sign up for these things.

Or if she has an iPhone—what communication apps has she downloaded? Or some of those apps ask for your ‘real’ phone number, so they could search the app records for that, once they have a warrant?

Anyone else perturbed that the cameras at the park "aren't real" or "don't work?" What is the point of the signs then? Because when something like this happens and you actually need the cameras, it's a dead end. JMO.

It's part of the larger international discussion to deter urban crime through design. In this case, signs claiming video surveillance may have contributed to a false sense of security, which is the opposite of the intended outcome.

Intl. CPTED Association home page

Anyone else perturbed that the cameras at the park "aren't real" or "don't work?" What is the point of the signs then? Because when something like this happens and you actually need the cameras, it's a dead end. JMO.

Yes, I am extremely perturbed that there are fake cameras there. All just to save a few bucks . .

FBI got involved in Yingying’s kidnapping that did not cross state lines, so not necessarily.

Earlier today on HLN a former FBI agent explained that the FBI is called in when forensic help is needed. He continued to say “the FBI isn’t called bc more manpower is needed ... the FBI isn’t called to help search in the woods ... we get involved to help w DNA and science related things since police depts aren’t equipped w those type of things”

This person didn’t necessarily have to know that she had her location available.

Even if this is not the case, a phone is basically a tracking device (which many criminals are aware of).

Here’s my issue with this:

There seem to be strong indications that she knew this person, as I can’t imagine a first time meetup at that time and that location.

The Lyft driver also apparently gave indications that there was some familiarity (she was happy to see this person).

So why pick her up and tip your hand immediately?

You probably can’t turn her phone off, or have her turn her phone off without drawing suspicion.

There’s the chance that she could escape, a struggle could ensue, and whatever you’re planning goes to hell.

So I’m struggling to understand the timing of her phone being shut off.

Either that’s wrong, she did it herself, her phone died, or this guy lives very close to that park (or they traveled to a location nearby).

Weird.
Here are the 3 reasons I turn my phone off. 1- To preserve battery, 2- because it’s overheating and 3- so that certain people on my life 360 app don’t know I’m passing right by their house without stopping. I’m wondering if she had a location share app with any friends or family.

That would be some incredible luck though.

Plus, most people keep a charger in their car.

This one has me stumped.

I speculated that perhaps her phone was dying and she turned it off when she got into the car to preserve battery planning on charging it when she got to wherever she was heading. It's also possible whoever picked her up did not have a car charger for her phone. I don't usually travel with a car charger, and I couldn't think of another reason why the phone was powered off once she got into the second vehicle.

That’s what I do, but I know other people who turn the entire phone off if they don’t want to be interrupted by it. Her friends might know what her habits were? @yellowmoose ?

I think it is out of character for her to turn off her phone. Her phone dying on the other hand might be more likely. But with her presence on social media and her very very social tendencies, I have a hard time believing she wouldn't take precautions (like charging her phone at the airport) to not let her phone die.

Trying to think positively here (it's hard!) but maybe this is a sign that she just went off grid.

And maybe that's why LE originally thought this was voluntary. Maybe the guy was joking around and took her phone saying, "no phones, let's just concentrate on each other." Maybe that raised alarm bells for her, but she played along not wanting to cause a scene with him.

I think it's more likely whoever picked her up does not want her to be found.
By all accounts, she would never go off for so long without telling somebody.
She missed her exams, work, a wedding, and apparently would have never left her cat alone for that long.
She is not known to be irresponsible, however she is described as positive, free-spirited, and very trusting of people. Imo
Thanks....I hadn't read a lot about her and thought what I heard this morning seemed odd but wondered if there was a reason they thought she would disappear willingly.

Thanks to you too @wary for replying ;);) I was also wondering if they were trying to give whoever took her a reason to contact them or even have her contact them under duress (providing she is still alive :( ), if that makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam