Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer: In Utah, the cameras at red lights and on the Interstate do not record. There are no cameras at the bus stops. Businesses and the odd ring camera are going to be the only bet. If the person arrived from the north (headed south) and exited off the freeway, it's a quick left turn to arrive at Hatch Park. To continue south, they would go past a couple convenience stores and other businesses and that's it, back on HWY 89 and then I-15. If they were local to the area especially in the affluent area near the Eaglewood golf course, it would be a quick trip through the neighborhoods with not much in the way of surveillance cameras.

Great info ! Thanks !

I agree there are many scenarios where there's a legit reason a phone is turned off. No need to be worried. I will also charge in airplane mode. However, I don't believe her phone ever showed activity again. That is very alarming.

Brian Mullahy
@bmillahy2news

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said earlier today he’s “surprised” @SLCPD has not involved his office in #Mackenzie Lueck case.

“It’s been silence from Salt Lake City PD,” said Rawlings on #Mackenzie Lueck—adding “maybe they have reasons.” Now, a meeting planned btwn @SLCPD and #NSLPD.

Question for the locals and I apologize if this has been addressed. So North Salt Lake and Salt Lake City are two different cities in two different counties with different PDs and DA offices?

If so, why would the Salt Lake City PD take the lead on this when he last known whereabouts were in NSL? TIA

This makes me sick. The SLCPD has been SO SLOW on this case.

Brian Mullahy
@bmillahy2news

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said earlier today he’s “surprised” @SLCPD has not involved his office in #Mackenzie Lueck case.

“It’s been silence from Salt Lake City PD,” said Rawlings on #Mackenzie Lueck—adding “maybe they have reasons.” Now, a meeting planned btwn @SLCPD and #NSLPD.

Question for the locals and I apologize if this has been addressed. So North Salt Lake and Salt Lake City are two different cities in two different counties with different PDs and DA offices?

If so, why would the Salt Lake City PD take the lead on this when he last known whereabouts were in NSL? TIA
Yes, two different cities in two separate counties

There's no reason why she couldn't have powered it down herself at that point. She had reached her destination. She also could have turned off data to recharge her battery more quickly. Putting phone in Airplane Mode makes charge progress more quickly. There are some possibilities.
I agree. Also, I know of “relationships” that involve contracts. Something as simple as, ‘ when we’re together, phones are turned off so that we have 100% attention turned towards each other, no distractions.’

Only the OP can answer whether that surprises her/him or not, but I'm not sure why it would. The posted stats are not surprising at all as they are entirely consistent with Utah's demographics.

The part you bolded is clearly referring to having the second-highest percentage of users who are married versus those who aren't, not the second-highest quantity of married users. Utah has the highest percentage of married persons rate in the country at 56.1%, so it's not surprising that a comparable percentage (52.1%) of SA users in Utah are married. These states have the highest – and lowest – percentage of married people in the US

Likewise, 68% of Utah residents are Mormon. So it's not surprising that 71% of SA users in Utah are Mormon. Mormon Population By State

The OP's post was addressed to the quantity of SDs in the area. The statistics in your post don't say anything about the quantity of users in Utah or SLC, only about the religious affiliation of the users who are in Utah, and the percentage of SLC users who are married.

If there are 31 users in Utah and 22 are Mormon, 71 percent of the users are Mormon.

If there are 48 users in SLC and 25 are married, 52.1 percent of the SLC users are married.

You clearly missed that this was a response to post that cited there couldn't be very many sugar daddy homes in the area to search . Hence the reply -- this may surprise you [i.e., that there are more participants than you might imagine] with stats from a local SLC publication.

Maybe this link is more to your liking.

Professional 'sugar babies' share what it's really like to get paid to hang out with rich guys

Brian Mullahy
@bmillahy2news

North Salt Lake and Salt Lake are different cities, different counties in fact, so yes different PD's. SLC took the lead I'm assuming because that is where she lives, and where the missing person report would have been filed.

Brian Mullahy on Twitter
@SLCPD detective Michael Ruff says Salt Lake investigators are meeting with North Salt Lake police in #Mackenzie Lueck disappearance.
D-AvXaJUYAA7hCg.jpg

1:36 PM - 26 Jun 2019
I hope they are on to something.

Gosh this is a good question I just read on a Facebook post.

Did she tip the Lyft driver?

Usually that’s something you do with Uber after your ride through the app. I am not familiar with lyft, nor do I know if she’d normally do this that way, with cash, or not at all. The answer could give more insight into if she willingly powered down her phone.
You can also include in (for Uber at least) in the beginning. Book the ride, pay for it and include the tip. After the ride, there is a chance to rate the driver by stars and comments. It keeps his/her ratings going and viable.

It's been stated that ML was a senior in college with a graduation date of 2020. It also appears that ML didn't go to great lengths to hide her lifestyle. With a graduation date approaching I would think a person would start thinking about how their online presence might effect a potential future job/career. It's fairly common knowledge that employers look into potential employees background and online footprint. I wouldn't think the SD/SB lifestyle would reflect a positive imagine that most employers are seeking. I wonder if ML had thought of this or maybe she wasn't concerned about it. Either way, I don't think she made the decision to disappear.

Certainly disheartening. I hardly ever power my phone off. Agree with you, whether ML turned it off or someone else, def a red flag. Today, it’s common knowledge that a phone equals cell tower pings.

If I'm not mistaken, cell phones will ping on the towers even if turned off. You have to remove the battery to stop the pings.

This new tidbit about the phone dropping off immediately just screams danger to me.

True. Except one thing. The FBI decides whether they want to get involved when local LE asks for help. And usually when they do it's because they feel there's something serious going on or possible federal offenses involved.
If they believe she is not longer in Utah, crossing state lines often brings in the Feds too, I believe.

Brian Mullahy
@bmillahy2news

Salt Lake is a relatively large city spanning from downtown to Murray, Taylorsville, etc. Lot of ground to cover means more than one police department.

I agree there are many scenarios where there's a legit reason a phone is turned off. No need to be worried. I will also charge in airplane mode. However, I don't believe her phone ever showed activity again. That is very alarming.
Right. We can come up with reasons she turned the phone off herself.....but the fact is, it never came back on.

jmo

North Salt Lake and Salt Lake are different cities, different counties in fact, so yes different PD's. SLC took the lead I'm assuming because that is where she lives, and where the missing person report would have been filed.
Would you know how far away one station or city is from the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks