Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here we are two months since the April presser and no arrest despite over three thousand tips. I never thought we would get to thread #107 without seeing arrest happen, but I also haven't lost hope that it will soon happen.

It's an old article I am linking below, but I want to highlight one part of it that stands out to me. I think that despite the recent change in investigative strategy, they still face the same challenges today that they did back in June 2017.

Delphi lead investigator: "We're close"

"The murders of Abby and Libby haven’t been easy for anyone involved, especially investigators who have been criticized by the public for not releasing more details about the girls’ deaths.

Sgt. Holeman says it is difficult for someone outside of the investigation to see, but there is a reason for the limited public information.

“We use this term a lot – we have to protect the integrity of the investigation,” said Sgt. Holeman. “Whoever did this is probably the only person who knows some of the details of this case.”

"That’s because the hardest part of this case isn’t going to be arresting a suspect – it’s going to be proving, without a reasonable doubt, that that person is responsible for the crime, so they won’t be set free based on lack of evidence."

I believe that they are working very hard along with the DA to ensure that the evidence they do have is going to absolutely result 100% in a conviction, because there aren't going to be any second chances.

Wishing very hard for justice to soon be served for Abby & Libby.

JMO

The danger of the Monon High Bridge has been mentioned before. I would not go on it either! But iirc it is not part of the official trail, and had just been decaying in situ while trail users regularly trespassed upon it.
I don’t care if it’s historic. They should tear it down. Aside from the crime, it’s just outright dangerous

Amateur opinion and speculation

True, but since 2018 DNA has been taken at the felony arrest.
It is possible to have the DNA removed if the felony is reduced or charges dropped, but the DNA is in the database from arrest until action is taken to remove it.

It was Abby and Libby's murders that caused the Indiana legislature to fast-track a bill requiring DNA be taken upon a felony arrest.

I don’t care if it’s historic. They should tear it down. Aside from the crime, it’s just outright dangerous

They now have the funds to restore it and no one is allowed on it anymore till that has been completed. Nobody has ever hurt themselves on this bridge AFAIK. Please correct me if i am wrong anyone.

They now have the funds to restore it and no one is allowed on it anymore till that has been completed. Nobody has ever hurt themselves on this bridge AFAIK. Please correct me if i am wrong anyone.

MOO it looks psychologically challenging but not really dangerous. Like anything being careless is dangerous.

Any of you locals.....can we get some roses planted where the 2 Roses were found? I'd love to know there are roses blooming everywhere there. We don't need a fancy memorial garden or anything like that....just beautiful, hearty rose bushes.
It's on RL's private land so permission would be needed. I like the idea also.

Any of you locals.....can we get some roses planted where the 2 Roses were found? I'd love to know there are roses blooming everywhere there. We don't need a fancy memorial garden or anything like that....just beautiful, hearty rose bushes.
Don't mean to pooh pooh your idea, but having some property that looks like RL's I doubt roses would grow well. My thoughts would be that since they are restoring the bridge, they should mount a brass or some such resilient vase for hikers to put roses/flowers in on the bridge, to remember the girls, close to where their last happy, loving moments were. Just a thought.

Delphi lead investigator: "We're close"

"That’s because the hardest part of this case isn’t going to be arresting a suspect – it’s going to be proving, without a reasonable doubt, that that person is responsible for the crime, so they won’t be set free based on lack of evidence."

JMO

sounds kind of like a possible consequence of the OJ trial

I was thinking the same thing. Roses are not going to grow without abundant sunshine and there seems to be too many trees and brush.
It's on RL's private land so permission would be needed. I like the idea also.

How about a Rockery instead of a mound at the Memorial Park Baseball diamonds , while we're at it?

My child is dead. There is no "normal" way to react to your child's death. Everyone is different and, unfortunately, they do not provide us with manuals on how to behave and act. Grief affects everyone in different ways.

Agreed, super random but my brother passed away at 12, I was 10. Unexpected illness and he passed 3 days into it. We were very close and I was very upset about it as were my mom and other siblings. My mom was opening sympathy cards one night, and I was in awe of someone writing us a check for $200. Keep in mind this was 1988, I was 10 and thought that was a ton of money. I was somewhat celebratory about the check and my mom slapped me across the face and started crying. She said, "I'd give all the money in the world to have Chris back" and then started apologizing for slapping me. I didn't know any better and she was in the midst of some very heavy grief. She had never done that before and hasn't since. Grief is a different animal we can't understand until we're in it....I've been in it when my Dad passed and when my brother passed. One never knows how they'll react .

I am still questioning whether or not the sketches in this Delphi case are based on factual video information from Liberty German's phone or the opinion of investigators that the killer must be from the Delphi, Indiana area because he knows about the Monon High Bridge and where to park his vehicle.

I think police are wrong about this case. I think the killer is a refrigerated truck driver who could possibly be connected to the Evansdale, Iowa case and that when he is identified is not going to look anything like either of the two sketches released by police.

I am still questioning whether or not the sketches in this Delphi case are based on factual video information from Liberty German's phone or the opinion of investigators that the killer must be from the Delphi, Indiana area because he knows about the Monon High Bridge and where to park his vehicle.

I think police are wrong about this case. I think the killer is a refrigerated truck driver who could possibly be connected to the Evansdale, Iowa case and that when he is identified is not going to look anything like either of the two sketches released by police.
You have posted this specific speculation that this is a refrigerated truck driver a couple times now. This sounds very specific, and with basis. If you have a legit tip with something to substantiate it, please submit to LE. We are a sounding board, but they can take action if appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member