Found Deceased UK - Rosie Johnson, 22, PGL / Isle of Wight, 23 June 2019

Great find!
Frustrating that the timings are still confused - that article mentions early hours Sunday, Sunday evening and overnight Sunday. Not that it matters, I don't suppose, but I would prefer a bit of accuracy

Yes, it is not clear at all. We are now back to early hours Sunday, which was what you flagged earlier.
Unless it is the case that Rosie disappeared early hours Sunday but - as it was presumably a non work day - perhaps she was not immediately missed and it was not until Sunday evening that police were called ?
and then police did not act until Tuesday AM, which gives the 36 hour timeline.

This states she was last seen at 10.15 Sunday night.

Family of missing zoology student Rosie Johnson join search | Daily Mail Online

I don't think the police have delayed the search. It makes sense for them to only ask the coastguard to help after they'd established she is nowhere to be found on land and phone data etc. is checked first. If coastguard finds her it would be a body recovery anyway so it's unlikely the "delay" led to her death.

BBC Radio Solent‏Verified account @BBCRadioSolent

Detectives searching for 22-year-old Rosie Johnson - who's been missing for four days on the Isle of Wight - say they've had a big response from the public. Rosie's described as slim, with mousey brown hair and was last seen wearing a dark blue puffer jacket and trousers. #IOW

D-EzOtvX4AAfPwr.jpg

BBC Radio Solent on Twitter

Daniel Johnson MSP‏Verified account @DJohnsonMSP

Can I thank everyone for their support and kind wishes regarding my neice's disappearance. The kind thoughts and wishes are much appreciated. There is no new information and I would ask people to respect the privacy the family as they concentrate on the search.

Daniel Johnson MSP on Twitter

I would also ask the press to take care in their reporting. In particular, quotes attributed to family members.

Only just seen this case and quickly tried to catch up. How terribly sad - reading the article which mentions her being drunk, having an argument and saying she was heading to the beach... Unfortunately it's immediately apparent (to me) that this poor girl is no longer with us. I hope she's found soon so that her family and friends get some sort of closure.

Hampshire Constabulary has told Isle of Wight Radio that no new searches are confirmed, five days after Rosie Johnson went missing.

The force has since clarified its statement -new searches may start up in the coming days, areas yet to be agreed.

Police force says there are no updates. It has declined our request for an interview today (Friday).

Missing Rosie: "No New Searches" Says Hampshire Constabulary - Isle Of Wight Radio

Can I thank everyone for their support and kind wishes regarding my neice's disappearance. The kind thoughts and wishes are much appreciated. There is no new information and I would ask people to respect the privacy the family as they concentrate on the search.

I would also ask the press to take care in their reporting. In particular, quotes attributed to family members.

I was totally confused by this and thought it was a verified account of his on websleuths

A body has been found in the search for a woman who had been missing on the Isle of Wight since Sunday.

Rosie Johnson, 22, from Glasgow, was last seen at the PGL Little Canada activity centre in Wootton where she worked.

Hampshire Constabulary said formal identification had not taken place but Miss Johnson's family had been told.

Body found in search for missing Rosie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back