Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still questioning whether or not the sketches in this Delphi case are based on factual video information from Liberty German's phone or the opinion of investigators that the killer must be from the Delphi, Indiana area because he knows about the Monon High Bridge and where to park his vehicle.

I think police are wrong about this case. I think the killer is a refrigerated truck driver who could possibly be connected to the Evansdale, Iowa case and that when he is identified is not going to look anything like either of the two sketches released by police.

What makes you think this? What do you think of the video of Bridge Guy? You don't think he's involved at all?

Does anyone have a link where it’s stated that the girls crossed the creek?

LE is sure it was over soon after the video, yet I’ve heard there is much more audio.
But we don’t know that the phone was always in the girls possession.

Long shot idea, but did someone take their phone and they were actually chasing the person to get it back?

LE is sure it was over soon after the video, yet I’ve heard there is much more audio.

Long shot idea, but did someone take their phone and they were actually chasing the person to get it back?

bbm - Start about the 10:00 mark.

Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

You have posted this specific speculation that this is a refrigerated truck driver a couple times now. This sounds very specific, and with basis. If you have a legit tip with something to substantiate it, please submit to LE. We are a sounding board, but they can take action if appropriate.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I did submit this as a tip to law enforcement starting way back in March 2017 and a few more times since then. I have submitted tips about other cases as well. So I base my theories on what I think.

I saw a guy wearing the same type of clothing who was a refrigerated truck driver. I think he had big facial cheeks that were kind of droopy. He also had what I think was like a disability or deformity of his body, smaller limbs so his hands and elbows looked small. Legs were small too, but he had a big stomach.

But he was a stranger. I do not know his voice or his body movements. I do not know his name or truck or anything else. All that stuff that Supt. Carter said I think he was referring to people who may know the suspect.

So does this mean I saw the person on Liberty German's phone? NO. It only means that I think I may have seen him. I gave police some locational information to check the tip out and try and determine who I saw. I can only guess my tip was already checked out. I got a generic response thanking me for the information about my tip. But like I wrote in a previous post,

"Haven't 46,000 people think they have seen the Delphi suspect?"

Don't mean to pooh pooh your idea, but having some property that looks like RL's I doubt roses would grow well. My thoughts would be that since they are restoring the bridge, they should mount a brass or some such resilient vase for hikers to put roses/flowers in on the bridge, to remember the girls, close to where their last happy, loving moments were. Just a thought.

Could they rename the bridge in Abby/Libby names after the restoring of it?

You and others have pointed out to me how judgmental my post was and you are so right.
Forgive me. I do not know how I would react or grieve in the situation Abby's mom is in.
Her daughter was murdered. Mine was a stupid comment and I sincerely apologize.
I truly am a compassionate person. That was very cruel of me.

It is hard to understand how someone would feel. For all of us. We know Abby was shy, maybe for her mother it is hard to show emotions in front of a group of people or TV reporters or anyone public?

I think what gets both families going is the hope that BG will be caught. They have a purpose. When (I hope, when, not if) it happens, the trial will be supporting them.

When everything is over, this is when both families will need a lot of support. Their purpose will be gone, and they will be left only with their grief. This will be a very hard time.

RIP Abby and Libby.

I just watched that show last night. I thought it was interesting that they had said it was unseasonable warm that day. The girls did not want to wear even their sweatshirts and this guy almost disappears into his heavy clothing. I will have to watch this again since I missed the part about the mother hearing a conversation by the girls. I do remember the narrator say they could not go back to their pickup point because they would have to pass this guy.
That conversation by the girls would change my theory of the girls knowing this guy....and I was so convinced of that . If this is true I will have to go back to square one.
The Mothers attitude about this horrific event seemed rather shallow with a cocky attitude. She bothered me , not the way I would think you would act when your child has been murdered.
But that's just me.
Hey, R,U, Kidding, where ya been all this time? :). I was on some earlier threads with you..... Trying to recall, was it the Robyn Gardner thread?

I remember wondering how Abby’s mom seemed to be so detached. But as others say, and you, we all have our own life experiences that affect how we respond. Some of us were raised undergoing some hard knocks as well, so are more resilient. That might at times come across as being cold or hardened, when it’s just a veneer to protect ourselves.
I don’t think I’m quite as tough as her in this same situation, but I might wish I were. I absolutely hate crying in front of people.
Don’t be hard on here yourself, we’re all only human.(hug)

bbm
I don't remember 100% exact, but I think, it belongs to the comments of a video re Abby/Libby:
One of the writers stated, it maybe the BG took the photo of Abby on the bridge*. The writer gave the impression (to me at least), he would know ... The next writer asked, if he had been there himself. The original commentator then answered slightly annoying "Were you?" - Afterwards: nothing to see of this user again, nowhere.
The username of the person, who stated "pic made by BG", were the initials of the kidnapper/murderer in case Jayme C./WI.
* Because I think since the first view onto this pic of Abby on the bridge, that Abby doesn't look like a girl having fun on a warm February day with her best friend, but somehow embarrassed, I stumbled over this comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
bbm
I don't remember 100% exact, but I think, it belongs to the comments of a video re Abby/Libby:
One of the writers stated, it maybe the BG took the photo of Abby on the bridge*. The writer gave the impression (to me at least), he would know ... The next writer asked, if he had been there himself. The original commentator then answered slightly annoying "Were you?" - Afterwards: nothing to see of this user again, nowhere.
The username of the person, who stated "pic made by BG", were the initials of the kidnapper/murderer in case Jayme C./WI.
* Because I think since the first view onto this pic of Abby on the bridge, that Abby doesn't look like a girl having fun on a warm February day with her best friend, but somehow embarrassed, I stumbled over this comment.
Wow

bbm

WOW. Did you take a screenshot?

Websleuths Poster ‘Steeltowngirl’ asked,” does anyone have a link where it’s stated that the girls crossed the creek?”

Hello to All,
The video posted in the Jax49 link has been edited down from 27min to less than 5 minutes. I have searched for a YouTube video of the entire 27 minute interview with no luck.

Darn, the same thing has happened on some of Grey Hughes videos. Without warning entire swatches of these videos are edited or parts deleted.

Back to my question since the segment of the Fox59 interview I desperately wanted to hear is now missing. Does anyone know if there is a transcription or could someone paraphrase what the lead detectives ‘exact words or phasing’ were in regards to ‘Libby and Abby crossing the creek’?

Thanks for reading my post.

MOO

Last edited:
Websleuths Poster ‘Steeltowngirl’ asked,” does anyone have a link where it’s stated that the girls crossed the creek?”

Hello to All,
The video posted in the Jax49 link has been edited down from 27min to less than 5 minutes. I have searched for a YouTube video of the entire 27 minute interview with no luck.

Darn, the same thing has happened on some of Grey Hughes videos. Without warning entire swatches of these videos are edited or parts deleted.

Back to my question since the segment of the Fox59 interview I desperately wanted to hear is now missing. Does anyone know if there is a transcription or could someone paraphrase what the lead detectives ‘exact words or phasing’ were in regards to ‘Libby and Abby crossing the creek’?

MOO
There was a transcript done by @Spellbound IIRC and it was done in several parts but I haven't found it. Thread 65 could be the timeframe it was done - mid August 2017 I think.

I wonder why the video has been edited? Are LE backtracking on the crossing the creek comment? Especially now with the new comment that the reenactments are wrong. Hmmmm.

I hope this means they are getting close to bagging the perp.

Last edited:
A couple of recent posts are referencing the removal or modification of pages, posts, and videos relevant to the Abby and Libby murders. It's a good reminder how fluid electronic documents are, and that where something is important to a reader or user, creating a separate copy of the document held in another hard drive or creating a hard copy of the document or file may be useful for archival purposes.

Hello to All,

MOO

???

I'm so confused. I'm still seeing the entire interview on the site I linked. All 27 minutes and 38 seconds. moo

ETA: The video is linked at the bottom of the article (not the top). HTH's.

Last edited:
What is a rockery?
I still want the roses. (Pouting)

Basically it is an area that is landscaped using large rocks and a variety of plants. The rocks and plants are usually native to the area where the rockery is located and the rockery can extend vertically as well as horizontally. Professional landscapers can design them and are frequently consulted when one is being created. Maybe roses could be incorporated into a rockery design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong