GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

It's interesting that they found vomit on some of Sherin's clothing that had been thrown away. I wonder if she suffered some kind of internal injuries from being beat earlier that day, or even the night before, and she died from those injuries. We all know why Wesley took her out of the plastic garbage bag and placed her in the culvert----to speed up the decomposition. I bet the prayerful man was praying everyday they wouldn't find her body too soon lest they be able to perform a meaningful autopsy that could prove murder.

A few things from Maria Guerrero:

The prosecution has said they are done with this family and will not be seeking any other charges against Wesley or Sini, so Sini is off the hook for good.

The judge made it clear in the case of the biological child, that the parental rights of both Sini and Mathew were permanently terminated, she was adopted by a member of Sini's family, and they will never be able to gain legal custody of her again. Although I believe Maria said Sini has seen the child.

Wesley will be eligible for parole in 30 years when he is 69 yrs old.

Wesley's attorney said he may appeal the sentence.

It's interesting that they found vomit on some of Sherin's clothing that had been thrown away. I wonder if she suffered some kind of internal injuries from being beat earlier that day, or even the night before, and she died from those injuries. We all know why Wesley took her out of the plastic garbage bag and placed her in the culvert----to speed up the decomposition. I bet the prayerful man was praying everyday they wouldn't find her body too soon lest they be able to perform a meaningful autopsy that could prove murder.
I thought I had read that they also found blood on the door to the garage. But, I guess I dreamed it since it wasn't mentioned. These two pieces of crap got off light as far as I'm concerned.

Guilty! 30 years! Well, not quite 30:
He will be eligible for parole in 30 years and will be given credit for time served.
Richardson Police: 'Justice Has Been Served' In Death Of 3-Year-Old Sherin Mathews
I hope someone will still remember what WM did to little Sherin and shows up to each and every parole hearing to argue that he should not be released!
First part of testimony I watched after seeing the police cam footage of the morning he reported Sherin missing, was him talking about going to the orphanage with his bag of KitKats, and Sherin not wanting one, which hurt him. A baby hurt him. Without knowing anything else about him that is so significant, his needs for admiration were more important than a scared, orphan baby's. Deluded, cowardly, narcissistic liar and controlling abuser.

He thought he was going to impress the jury :rolleyes:

Get back in your cell. God knows what we didn't hear about, what secrets are being kept.
Yes -it's crystal clear and the evidence shows it. WM and Sini were furious that they got a "defective" child and when Sherin did not respond the way they expected - she was shy with them and did not cooperate with their program - they took it as rejection.

Furthermore I believe that they were enraged that Sherin balked at their demands - she hated milk, they knew it and instead of consulting the doctor about alternative nutrition they bullied her by forcing her to drink it.

The fact that WM appeared to be in charge of the nighttime milk feeding makes me think Sini withdrew from Sherin's nutritional needs and focused more on daytime torture. And I don't believe for a minute she was unaware of WM's aggresive treatment of Sherin. I'll bet they had many discussions about Sherin's "bad behavior" and how to handle it; we've seen that in other cases. Gabby Barrett comes to mind.

Lastly, I believe both Sini and Wesley not only got relief from their bullying of Sherin but also got some demented sort of pleasure from it. It's clear from Wesley's time on the stand that he has no remorse, his priority that night was showing Sherin who the boss was. He knew damn well what he was doing when he murdered her - snakes indeed! His anxiety and concern was and still is only for himself!

He's a lying liar who failed to pull the wool over the jury's eyes and I hope he rots in jail.

Thank you all for the updates & the "tag".

Update!

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 3)-Verdict! (@ 8:15am CT) - TX - Sherin Saraswati Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson; found Oct. 22, 2017) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.25M cash or surety.
Trial started 6/24/19. Jury selection was held week of 6/13. Jury is 4 women & 8 men. 2 female alternates.
Trial information from 6/20/19 to 6/25/19 (day 1-2) reference post #917 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

6/26/19 Day 3: Defense witness: Wesley Mathews. Defense rests. Judge reads charges to jury. Closing arguments. The jury will be given their lunch and will have a "working lunch". Deliberations began at 12:15pm CT. Judge Amber Givens-Davis tells attorneys they will have FIVE minutes to return to court once they receive the text that the jury has reached an agreement on sentencing. At about 3:30pm jurors have a VERDICT. GUILTY-sentenced to life in prison. Wesley will be eligible for parole in 30 years & will be given credit for time served. Wesley's attorney said he may appeal the sentence.
For Sini: In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

A few things from Maria Guerrero:

The prosecution has said they are done with this family and will not be seeking any other charges against Wesley or Sini, so Sini is off the hook for good.

The judge made it clear in the case of the biological child, that the parental rights of both Sini and Mathew were permanently terminated, she was adopted by a member of Sini's family, and they will never be able to gain legal custody of her again. Although I believe Maria said Sini has seen the child.

Wesley will be eligible for parole in 30 years when he is 69 yrs old.

Wesley's attorney said he may appeal the sentence.
If the child was adopted by Sini's family, then I bet Sini sees her all of the time. The adoption takes her out of control of CPS, so they can no longer say that Sini cannot see the child.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Sini was soon living in the same home as her bio-child.

Guilty! 30 years! Well, not quite 30:

Richardson Police: 'Justice Has Been Served' In Death Of 3-Year-Old Sherin Mathews
I hope someone will still remember what WM did to little Sherin and shows up to each and every parole hearing to argue that he should not be released!

Yes -it's crystal clear and the evidence shows it. WM and Sini were furious that they got a "defective" child and when Sherin did not respond the way they expected - she was shy with them and did not cooperate with their program - they took it as rejection.

Furthermore I believe that they were enraged that Sherin balked at their demands - she hated milk, they knew it and instead of consulting the doctor about alternative nutrition they bullied her by forcing her to drink it.

The fact that WM appeared to be in charge of the nighttime milk feeding makes me think Sini withdrew from Sherin's nutritional needs and focused more on daytime torture. And I don't believe for a minute she was unaware of WM's aggresive treatment of Sherin. I'll bet they had many discussions about Sherin's "bad behavior" and how to handle it; we've seen that in other cases. Gabby Barrett comes to mind.

Lastly, I believe both Sini and Wesley not only got relief from their bullying of Sherin but also got some demented sort of pleasure from it. It's clear from Wesley's time on the stand that he has no remorse, his priority that night was showing Sherin who the boss was. He knew damn well what he was doing when he murdered her - snakes indeed! His anxiety and concern was and still is only for himself!

He's a lying liar who failed to pull the wool over the jury's eyes and I hope he rots in jail.

I'm never going to get over that snake story. I thought I was going to fall off my chair when he said she was crying, choking on the milk, and saying Dada all at the same time. But the snake story topped that .He told the prosecutor he put her in the culvert because he 'wanted to place my child's body in a safe place'. The next words out of his mouth were that he got into the culvert with her because he thought snakes would be in there, one would bite him, and he would die. And that was his idea of a safe place? I wonder if he knows how stupid he sounded. And the bit about he didn't take her to a hospital after she died because he wasn't ready to give up on her because he thought Jesus might restore her to life like Lazarus. So he put her in a culvert that he thought had snakes, hoped her life would be restored, and waited for her to crawl out of the culvert and come running home to his loving arms for some more milk? Wesley Wesley Wesley. I have no words.

I'm never going to get over that snake story. I thought I was going to fall off my chair when he said she was crying, choking on the milk, and saying Dada all at the same time. But the snake story topped that .He told the prosecutor he put her in the culvert because he 'wanted to place my child's body in a safe place'. The next words out of his mouth were that he got into the culvert with her because he thought snakes would be in there, one would bite him, and he would die. And that was his idea of a safe place? I wonder if he knows how stupid he sounded. And the bit about he didn't take her to a hospital after she died because he wasn't ready to give up on her because he thought Jesus might restore her to life like Lazarus. So he put her in a culvert that he thought had snakes, hoped her life would be restored, and waited for her to crawl out of the culvert and come running home to his loving arms for some more milk? Wesley Wesley Wesley. I have no words.
He has no insight as to how others see him. Surrounded by enablers seems likely.

Ridiculous tales about Sherin wanting to see the wheels of the lawnmower, and him playing the piano. And as for asking the prosecutor to repeat every question.. well.

I thought the cross-examination was just perfect.

He has no insight as to how others see him. Surrounded by enablers seems likely.

Ridiculous tales about Sherin wanting to see the wheels of the lawnmower, and him playing the piano. And as for asking the prosecutor to repeat every question.. well.

I thought the cross-examination was just perfect.
An don't forget---the garbage bag was not a garbage bag, it was a blue bag.

I'm surprised he didn't say he placed her in a blue bag because blue was her favorite color. That's the kind of loving father he was.

He better not get parole in 30 years. The man is cray cray.

While I'm elated the jury convicted the stone cold murderer of precious Sherin, I am haunted that Sini gets to walkway free.

Imo, only partial justice was served for tiny sweet Sherin.

Full justice for this sweet child would only happen if both were given life.

RIP sweet little angel!

Imo

If the child was adopted by Sini's family, then I bet Sini sees her all of the time. The adoption takes her out of control of CPS, so they can no longer say that Sini cannot see the child.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Sini was soon living in the same home as her bio-child.

I agree that this whole setup (brother adopting the child) was so that Sini would have access.
Sini is now working but don’t know if she works in a city that is too distant from her brother that should could actually live with them.

While I'm elated the jury convicted the stone cold murderer of precious Sherin, I am haunted that Sini gets to walkway free.

Imo, only partial justice was served for tiny sweet Sherin.

Full justice for this sweet child would only happen if both were given life.

RIP sweet little angel!

Imo
I too feel that the verdict is bitter/sweet. IMO, there will be no complete justice until Sini gets her due.

I’m sure that the jury was gobsmacked over Wes’ testimony.

1) took her to the garage so that she could look at the lawn mower! :eek:

2) she was hungry so his only thought was to give her milk?! (What about some FOOD!!!) o_O

3) he placed her in a blue large plastic GARBAGE bag, but refused to admit it was a garbage bag.

4) he was praying that Jesus would bring her back from the dead like Lazarus! :rolleyes: (Did he think she might come back to life, crawl out of the sewer and find her way back to his home??? It’s not like he waited outside of the tomb!!)

5) he claimed that he laid there with her body, but couldn’t estimate how long! The time stamps indicate that he wasn’t gone from the home all that long!

6) his repeated claims that he didn’t understand the question or his need to have questions repeated just showed that he hoped the prosecutor would give up and move on.

7) his initial lie that he had put Sherin out in the unfenced backyard in the middle of the night, and he said that coyotes had been seen in that area was one of his biggest “tells” that he’s evil. Who would think that that story would be a good alternative story to tell???

In the end, his own defense helped the prosecution. They said that probation would be an insult (or something like that). A couple of minutes later, the defense used the words, “30 years”....which essentially gave the jury permission that a harsh punishment was expected by the defense and deserved. And if the defense REALLY thought that he was this great dad/person who just on one late night made a dumb mistake, they WOULD be asking for probation because he had already served 1.5 years!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back