Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I am waking up to all this. How sad and scary. I have so many questions and will go back and read more throughly when i get the chance.....but this was somebody she knew from instagram? His name is Fatherless on IG or is that something related to the SD/SB thing?

If you go to twitter follow fox13's Allison Croghan's Twitter accout.

She posted at 6:33 mountain time that a van typically associated with the medical examiner's office just left the scene.

I watched the van backed in the driveway being loaded with numerous bags and boxes of evidence. Did not appear to load/carry remains. MOO

Was it ever reported that the homeowner, or anyone in the home, had been taken in for questioning? I haven't seen that anywhere.

One thing I still can’t shake is why her parents didn’t fly over. I understand there was never an active search but as a mother I can’t comprehend how I wouldn’t be pushing LE for answers in person. Does anyone think they knew the (what seems likely) outcome from the start so no need to fly out and could grieve at home privately?

They would have had a liaison with the police in contact with them, liaison with local police or FBI probably physically with them.

I'd think the reasons would be ; They just lost another family member, it doesn't help anyone to pester law enforcement, media would be peppering them with stupid questions, there is no need to appeal to the public in this case and the police and FBI have gotten this far pretty damn fast. It would be utterly useless to fly over to another state when your support network is back home. I would say it'd be on advice that they didn't fly out, there's literally nothing they can do.

Kelli Pierce‏ @KelliReports

Officers stand guard outside the house where #SLC Police have been searching for clues in the #MackenzieLueck case. I’ll have the latest this morning on @kslnewsradio.

D-ETYH6UYAAPESe.jpg

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
Thank you and @Seattle1 and @PommyMommy for helping update the media thread - sad outcome for all of us and her family I am afraid

All I can say right now is that this situation looks very bad for ML. :(
And one other thing. The home that was searched it fine.
IMHO it isn't the sugar daddy type house many were expecting.
I have never really thought that had anything to do with her missing. I think she was trying to get home.
More news will come today, and if I have missed some already I apologize.
Just now got here so this is random.
Waiting with the rest of ya'll,
Chi

My theory is still that he was a fake sugar daddy. I think she was catfished and lead to believe she was meeting someone wealthy. Not sure how he pulled off gaining her trust, but she probably realized very quickly after the Lyft dropped her off that the situation wasn't right. But by then it was too late. :(
I pray she didn't suffer. I hope her family gets swift justice and a resolution.
MOO.

Neighbors told the Salt Lake Tribune that the homeowner, who has not yet been identified, rented part of the property through Airbnb. And some said they recently saw and smelled him burning something in his yard.

KUTV reports that they located the social media pages of the homeowner, and that he appears to be a University of Utah graduate. He also reportedly served in the United States army and currently works as a model.

Police have not named a suspect or made an arrest at this time, but Doubt reportedly said at the news conference that the homeowner was the “nexus” of the investigation.

BREAKING: Police raid home in search for missing student Mackenzie Lueck; neighbors say homeowner recently burned something in the yard

Is it possible this house belongs to the Lyft driver? (I know he's "been cleared....")

Just my opinion: Perhaps the homeowner is a classmate or coworker (even former). We do not know if ML was into drugs and I don’t mean hard core I mean recreational and pills. She is down bc of grandma and knows where she can score. Maybe she wasn’t planning on this but received a message from the homeowner saying he was sorry for her loss which is what made her think she wants to get something to boost her spirits.

ML & homeowners text and plan to meet. Perhaps it is ML‘s idea to meet at the park because she doesn’t want to go to his house. She arrives at the park, they do a first round and decide to go to his house. From there, something gets out of control. He makes advances towards her and she turns him down and says it’s not like that. Knowing of her alternative lifestyle he gets upset “so you will be with an old SD but not me” ... Forces himself on her, hence mattress is sold days later, and things spiral resulting in death.

All my opinion of course. I have personally never thought the SD SB has anything to do with this. The whole point of those relationships is to be wined and dined— a 3am park and this place does not fit the bill. I have always thought this was drug related (no not a drug mule or hauling drugs in her suitcase) just pills and such.

Very possible

Oh wow I am waking up to all this. How sad and scary. I have so many questions and will go back and read more throughly when i get the chance.....but this was somebody she knew from instagram? His name is Fatherless on IG or is that something related to the SD/SB thing?

No one knows how they knew each other yet.

Mackenzie’s Instagram started following an account called Fatherless yesterday so we have been discussing the possibilities. It’s easily explained away though and not necessarily connected.

One thing I still can’t shake is why her parents didn’t fly over. .... Does anyone think they knew the (what seems likely) outcome from the start so no need to fly out and could grieve at home privately?

I suspect ML's parents were not aware of the full-extent of her online choices and lifestyle. Probably found out in a distressful way. They did not even address the press themselves; a friend of ML did that. They are probably in shock, with some serious grief and guilt underlying the numbness. I feel only compassion for them.

“There was some effort made to hide who that person was,” a retired FBI agent told 2News regarding the driver who met MacKenzie Lueck at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Perhaps early on, they protected the Lyft driver b/c he gave additional details of the drop off. Common procedure to protect the identity of key witnesses when a potential killer is at large.

Was it ever reported that the homeowner, or anyone in the home, had been taken in for questioning? I haven't seen that anywhere.

They’re being mum. Last I heard from the news was that the homeowner answered the door to undercover cops and was apparently cooperative but it’s unclear where homeowner is currently.

One thing I still can’t shake is why her parents didn’t fly over. I understand there was never an active search but as a mother I can’t comprehend how I wouldn’t be pushing LE for answers in person. Does anyone think they knew the (what seems likely) outcome from the start so no need to fly out and could grieve at home privately?
Respectfully, not sure anyone really knows what they would do in any given situation. This family is in major crisis, my heart really goes out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong