Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess, right now, is that he didn’t want the Lyft driver delivering her to his door. So, he made up a reason for meeting her at the park.
could be something like he said, hey im taking a walk right now in the park with my dogs? went out to clear my head etc.... get dropped off here and we can drive home from here.

IF he rented the Airbnb space consistently, could the gap with no one renting it point to possible preplanning? IF
If he also knew about the funeral and her return in the very early am hours - yes, he could have marked it unavailable for a number of days - but he had a guest show up Wednesday (yesterday) so at some point that particular day was marked available for rent. MSM posted upthread about the renter on Wed.

Curious - if he (they) knew about the funeral did they also know about the Wedding - ? were they hoping for more time before she was reported?

Wait, I'm confused. The tweets I'm reading are current to ML's case.
You must be on a different Twitter profile -- the one we were talking about is old and no longer updated. It might not even be related to this case

This air bnb was $27 a night....I’m in my 40s and that place sound like a nightmare.

This was a revolving door of young people from all over. Almost a hostel. Perfect trap. Ammo tells me organization, network.

Network - for what?

That's an awful lot of ammo. I just get a creepy feeling about this entire setup

Everybody responds differently. For me, I never am able to understand sobbing parents in front of cameras clutching pictures of their children and begging for their return, wiping their tears and answering questions from a pack of hungry reporters. When I see that I always think that if it were my child, I wouldn't be able to face a mob like that and put my mug on the TV. But, that's just me. From being acquainted with her mother, she's a private person; can't imagine her in front of cameras like that. Can't imagine her grief right now.

I’ve thought the same thing—and realistically, how often do those: “please bring back my daughter” interviews help. Has there EVER been a case where they helped?

Do you suppose that what seems to be a delay in naming a POI could be needing to be in touch with her family about the status of the investigation?
Very possible. If they are still in California it’s an hour earlier there. Or they are waiting until they have something to announce, such as an arrest or confirmation they have found her. I’m sure we’ll hear from them one way or another today, even if it’s just what we got last night. Too much media attention not to hold one.

I'm finally caught up again and getting ready to be behind again. This girl has to work now for an hour or so. This is certainly not the turn I wanted but is what I expected. It's so sad. My thoughts are with Kenzie's family and friends today.

TulAmmo (one of the worst .223 ammo) is generally about $5 for a box of 20 rounds.
I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.

The situation to me seems like it is setting up to have been very cold and calculated, well planned and premeditated. A scenario where the person/people set it up where they could play things out like they wanted. A fantasy for them?
I don’t think it was just friends or semi-friends meeting up and something going awry.
I hope I am very wrong, but I fear either way it’s going to be a sad outcome.

This air bnb was $27 a night....I’m in my 40s and that place sound like a nightmare.

This was a revolving door of young people from all over. Almost a hostel. Perfect trap. Ammo tells me organization, network.

Thank you! My thoughts precisely.

I wouldn't spend a night there if someone paid ME.

Looked like a dorm room gone to seed. moo.

MOO and my speculation only but we may be looking at a friend-of-a-friend here.

I don’t believe ML was heavily into drugs per se. But she was coming back to exams after a stressful week and may have been looking for a “study aid” of some sort. It’s very common. If so, she may have texted a friend from the airport who said, I know someone who can help you out.

She could have contacted him, he gave her the park address for the meetup, and said he’d give her a lift home. And maybe she accepted the sketchy arrangement because they had a mutual friend.

100% speculation and 100% MOO.

ETA — another relevant quote...
There are a lot of Lyft and Uber safety related articles published giving riders the advice that they should not have either ride service pick them up or drop them off at their place of residence--the safety advice is to arrange the pick up and drop off a block from your home; the 3am park meet up might have initially started out as a way for ML to avoid having the Lyft driver take her directly home...and it also made sense not to have the Lyft driver drop her off at the abductor's house for the same reason...

Can someone familiar with LE terms tell me the difference between "in custody" and "arrested"? Don't they need to arrest you to take you into custody?
The two are used very similarly and there is some fuzzy grey area but for some PD’s they are one and the same. Both essentially mean the police are depriving you of freedom involuntarily.

However one minor difference is that a suspect can be held “in custody” for questioning but not be under arrest meaning they are holding the person for X length of time to inquire them but the person can get up and leave if they want at the moment and after X length, police have to free you from custody or formally arrest you with probable cause that you committed a crime. X length varies by offense type, state, etc.

It also can mean that instead of you being free at your home with police watching or monitoring you (“under surveillance”), you are physically in the presence of police at all times.

Like I said, very thin line of difference and some grey area.

If he also knew about the funeral and her return in the very early am hours - yes, he could have marked it unavailable for a number of days - but he had a guest show up Wednesday (yesterday) so at some point that particular day was marked available for rent. MSM posted upthread about the renter on Wed.

Curious - if he (they) knew about the funeral did they also know about the Wedding - ? were they hoping for more time before she was reported?

In one of the books about Ted Bundy, it was said that 9/10 of his victims had had a stressful or traumatizing experience within a close range of their abduction. Predatory people don't work like normal people, they look for people who are particularly vulnerable. Sometimes, like in this case, it's obvious there's been a personal tragedy, but those who prey on others can see past even a poker face. JMO of a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam