Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice that the POI’s house appeared to have a “Ring” electronic doorbell that LE seemed to be interested in? (there’s photos of LE examining in during the raid last night, I’m sorry I can’t find those pics at the moment!)

I wonder if those record motion activity? Or is it just if someone rings the doorbell?

I am pretty sure those are intended to record, if set up and working properly. I mainly know this because during the holidays there were many package thieves and "RING" proved to be helpful in identifying.

I've had and several people had posts deleted that just expressed not understanding the lifestyle. The report trigger fingers may have been on high alert, but just mentioning what a victim was doing is not shaming them. People need to stop, think about what's been posted, and see the actual meaning of someone's words. In the same way, society needs to stop, think about how lifestyles and trends are changing, and hopefully use the information accordingly. For example, I now have a lot of other things to warn my niece about when she is online. And I now know what some phrases and terms and vines she is watching mean. It is no longer enough to have general warnings about popular things like uber/Lyft, the internet SM and various online cultures. Clear as day.

It's really not clear. In one paragraph you're discussing "just mentioning" what a victim is doing. That's very relevant to the case and should be part of the discussion.

In the same paragraph though you start talking about how people need to be warned about their activities.

So I think there's two different things going on. One is discussing what events might have led up to her disappearance. Fair.

The other is derailing the thread by continually wringing our hands and lecturing on how risky her lifestyle was and questioning her choices when there's been not one shred of evidence to indicate her lifestyle is any more dangerous than any other dating or social scenario young people get into these days- meeting people online and going off with them.

I've been on websleuths for almost two decades. Over and over we've seen case after case of young women victimized. Abducted while cleaning a lamp post in broad daylight. Abducted and killed while jogging (that happens a lot). Abducted and killed while walking to school. Abducted and killed when meeting up with an online date, abducted and killed when drunkenly mistaking a car for their Uber ride, abducted and killed after summoning a taxi driver, abducted and killed by acquaintances. By friends. By boyfriends. Husbands. Uncles.

It goes on and on and on.

This is the first case I've seen out of the THOUSANDS where someone involved in dating older men via a lifestyle has disappeared.

It's really not relevant to any heightened risk. Women are vulnerable, period.

I guess it's just human nature to try to figure out how such atrocities can be prevented. We are all scared for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, daughters and nieces. Etc. So we look for ways such things can be prevented. But we also desperately look for ways to place blame on the victim for her choices so we can feel comfortable that if we aren't doing the same thing, we are safe.

But we're not. No one is safe.

Could it be the owner is a POI just because he is the homeowner? I doubt he lives there. He needs really good answers as to why he would give away box springs and mattress one week before a young woman that might have been at the house goes missing.
Do we know for sure Mackenzie was even there or is it mostly speculation?
What led them to that house???
Color me confused.
He might live there. Usually the owner of the BnB is the host, they serve breakfast, make sure the guests have everything they need, etc.
LE said anyone living in the house is under investigation. It's not clear who else may live there. Imo

Could it be the owner is a POI just because he is the homeowner? I doubt he lives there. He needs really good answers as to why he would give away box springs and mattress one week before a young woman that might have been at the house goes missing.
Do we know for sure Mackenzie was even there or is it mostly speculation?
What led them to that house???
Color me confused.
He does live there. Neighbors have been interviewed. He lives there and rents out two bedrooms as AirBnB, which means the "guests" get the bedroom and then share living room/bathroom/kitchen with the "host" while they're staying there.

He has 20 reviews on the AirBnB website and they're all positive. I bet the women who stayed there are freaked the heck out right now.

My first impressions after the presser, which can mean nothing, but has me wondering....
LE still wants info and POI is released for now. I'm wondering if this whole case isn't bigger, involving more situations with more characters than our POI and KL just got stuck in the middle of it. Given her mental state at the time of being in grief (this is NOT victim bashing!) her level of decision making was not tip top, which could have gotten her hurt.
I have these thoughts not only because of the investigations of SM (emails, websites, messaging, AirBNB), but because of the fluidity they provide to create yet another network.
I have no idea if this makes any sense at all because I need to get lunch, but I honestly think this is going to go beyond the investigation of a small rehabbed house.
PLEASE....IMHO and MOO!

I apologize if mentioned up or down thread.
This thread is moving so fast.. hard to keep up.

Can someone please give me a quick synopsis of the fire being talked about?
Thank you :)

Bailee
MOO

Did anyone notice that the POI’s house appeared to have a “Ring” electronic doorbell that LE seemed to be interested in? (there’s photos of LE examining in during the raid last night, I’m sorry I can’t find those pics at the moment!)

I wonder if those record motion activity? Or is it just if someone rings the doorbell?
They record motion. I laugh at the delivery men that try to avoid being detected. Mine goes to my phone, which can be deleted. I would hope Ring could retrieve video that was deleted for LE.

Reading body language at the PC and just my theory:
I think he lawyered up and wouldn’t say a word. I think they found blood evidence and maybe evidence of a cleanup or struggle. I think he burned her belongings and they have evidence of that that need to be confirmed.

I think they may have had a casual dating relationship, she was looking for support. I’m not sure if it was preplanned.

Obviously something bad occurred on the bed, I hope police are able to get ahold of it. I don’t think it would be hard to get it if they have access to his Facebook account as pick up arrangements had to be made with the person.

I think he dumped her somewhere. I don’t think he burned her body there as it would take a long long time. Note the next door neighbor was interviewed by tv and said he did not notice the burning or any smell.

I think they’re waiting on dna on the blood evidence they found in the home and he will be arrested within the next couple of days. They couldn’t hold him because they really have nothing without dna. I don’t think her remains are there.

It is key that police check out all the neighbors security cameras. Because it’s not the nicest neighborhood, there should be several.

Thoughts?

I understand the mattress and box spring were listed online as free, but I am a bit confused as to whether they were unloaded that way, or if they were just left out by the curb as free and someone driving by took them. I thought I had read a quote that they were taken from out front but I might be completely imagining that.

Same thoughts here. The mobile DNA results might give them direction, but they need further testing for it to be “evidence”? Maybe.

Fast DNA testing takes 4 hours. So nothing came up ML DNA in the fast test. Other physical evidence are likely being scoured in the crime lab to try and find testable samples.

so, if they let him go it means after 19 hrs of searching his home they don't have enough to arrest him :confused:

I'm just catching up, but this guy (if he is the perp) had a lot of time to dispose of evidence, clean, etc. Kenzie was missing almost 4 days before she was reported missing and then it took about 2 days for LE to get up to speed and really start taking her disappearance seriously. That's more than enough time for the destruction of a lot of evidence.

I have no reason to believe she wasn't aware of his plans.
Are we saying his was going to harm her even after phoning/texting her and seeing her arrive in a Lyft vehicle? And in the darkness could he tell it was a rideshare vehicle? Did he know this in advance? So he's phoning/texting her and meeting up with her with a possible witness nearby, yet he still goes ahead and kills her? Geesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305