Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading body language at the PC and just my theory:
I think he lawyered up and wouldn’t say a word. I think they found blood evidence and maybe evidence of a cleanup or struggle. I think he burned her belongings and they have evidence of that that need to be confirmed.

I think they may have had a casual dating relationship, she was looking for support. I’m not sure if it was preplanned.

Obviously something bad occurred on the bed, I hope police are able to get ahold of it. I don’t think it would be hard to get it if they have access to his Facebook account as pick up arrangements had to be made with the person.

I think he dumped her somewhere. I don’t think he burned her body there as it would take a long long time. Note the next door neighbor was interviewed by tv and said he did not notice the burning or any smell.

I think they’re waiting on dna on the blood evidence they found in the home and he will be arrested within the next couple of days. They couldn’t hold him because they really have nothing without dna. I don’t think her remains are there.

It is key that police check out all the neighbors security cameras. Because it’s not the nicest neighborhood, there should be several.

Thoughts?
IMO - they will be able to find the person who picked up the mattress via digital trail. I was also thinking he dumped her - Great Salt Lake is close to the area. Once all test results have been completed, I believe a warrant will be issued for the POI. JMO.

We can ask the VI, although I have not seen her here since yesterday. (Can't remember her user name)
She may be a little busy now and likely very upset.
I'm so sorry for what you are going through, friends of Kenzie!

This POI is not anybody I recognize and not anybody I personally have ever seen Kenzie with.

I wonder if the burning in the yard was housing materials like carpet. That would give off a noxious odor.

I also didn't realize that people rented out single rooms on Air bnb! I would be reallllllly uncomfortable in a house where another person was living.

maybe depends on how it was set up. i've just used airbnb once, at an apartment in NYC. the guy also lived in the apartment, but his side was blocked off with multiple locks and i had a separate entrance just for me. my side had a bathroom, kitchen, and then my bedroom also had a locked door. everything was really separated and i didn't see or hear the guy even once. i didn't feel particularly uncomfortable, but i agree that in a house situation if there are no locks/boundaries it could be weird. I also think i'd probably feel a bit more comfortable in a condo/apt airbnb as opposed to a house even if i had the whole house to myself.

This is the first case I've seen out of the THOUSANDS where someone involved in dating older men via a lifestyle has disappeared.

We had a case in my area not long ago. Perp burned the victim in a burn barrel in the back yard. Sorry, I think if you just go look at the missing persons sites and read some of the circumstances that people have gone missing under, this is actually becoming an outlet for predators. There is zero reason not to say be careful out there. And better if it is said before the fact, IMO.

Did anyone notice that the POI’s house appeared to have a “Ring” electronic doorbell that LE seemed to be interested in? (there’s photos of LE examining in during the raid last night, I’m sorry I can’t find those pics at the moment!)

I wonder if those record motion activity? Or is it just if someone rings the doorbell?

The forensics examiners took it with them.

Did anyone notice that the POI’s house appeared to have a “Ring” electronic doorbell that LE seemed to be interested in? (there’s photos of LE examining in during the raid last night, I’m sorry I can’t find those pics at the moment!)

I wonder if those record motion activity? Or is it just if someone rings the doorbell?
Depends on how it's set up. My old house had one and when we first set it up, it would go off constantly sensing any motion at all. The tree in the front yard blowing from the wind would set it off. Anytime it's set off it goes into an event history file on the app which is pretty lengthy

Could it be the owner is a POI just because he is the homeowner? I doubt he lives there. He needs really good answers as to why he would give away box springs and mattress one week before a young woman that might have been at the house goes missing.
Do we know for sure Mackenzie was even there or is it mostly speculation?
What led them to that house???
Color me confused.

He lives there. Neighbors have said they often saw him outside with earbuds in and that he essentially kept to himself.

He does live there. Neighbors have been interviewed. He lives there and rents out two bedrooms as AirBnB, which means the "guests" get the bedroom and then share living room/bathroom/kitchen with the "host" while they're staying there.

He has 20 reviews on the AirBnB website and they're all positive. I bet the women who stayed there are freaked the heck out right now.
Thank you for that. I had read somewhere so we'll call it a rumor that along with his other activities he flipped homes. This one seems to be in pretty nice shape so that's why I thought it might be a rental upstairs and AirBnB downstairs.

Agreed. Many women made smart choices, did all the right things in terms of caution and protecting themselves and still wound up harmed or murdered in violent ways. It's important to realize that such crimes happen to people of all ages, genders and lifestyles through no fault of their own.

I wonder if the burning in the yard was housing materials like carpet. That would give off a noxious odor.

I also didn't realize that people rented out single rooms on Air bnb! I would be reallllllly uncomfortable in a house where another person was living.

I was thinking the luggage and her belongings. A suitcase burning would smell terrible.

It's really not clear. In one paragraph you're discussing "just mentioning" what a victim is doing. That's very relevant to the case and should be part of the discussion.

In the same paragraph though you start talking about how people need to be warned about their activities.

So I think there's two different things going on. One is discussing what events might have led up to her disappearance. Fair.

The other is derailing the thread by continually wringing our hands and lecturing on how risky her lifestyle was and questioning her choices when there's been not one shred of evidence to indicate her lifestyle is any more dangerous than any other dating or social scenario young people get into these days- meeting people online and going off with them.

I've been on websleuths for almost two decades. Over and over we've seen case after case of young women victimized. Abducted while cleaning a lamp post in broad daylight. Abducted and killed while jogging (that happens a lot). Abducted and killed while walking to school. Abducted and killed when meeting up with an online date, abducted and killed when drunkenly mistaking a car for their Uber ride, abducted and killed after summoning a taxi driver, abducted and killed by acquaintances. By friends. By boyfriends. Husbands. Uncles.

It goes on and on and on.

This is the first case I've seen out of the THOUSANDS where someone involved in dating older men via a lifestyle has disappeared.

It's really not relevant to any heightened risk. Women are vulnerable, period.

I guess it's just human nature to try to figure out how such atrocities can be prevented. We are all scared for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, daughters and nieces. Etc. So we look for ways such things can be prevented. But we also desperately look for ways to place blame on the victim for her choices so we can feel comfortable that if we aren't doing the same thing, we are safe.

But we're not. No one is safe.
This is so very well said. Thank you

BBM. My brother is in college and has stayed in single room airbnb units in LA multiple times, for really cheap. If you're on a really tight budget (~$300/week) it makes sense to stay in one if you need to be somewhere.

Some college kids rent airbnb's for a night here and there when they need to study for a big exam.
jmo

Okay is it just me or didn't they say two properties were being searched last night?
I thought so too. A reporter said that on a live.

Michael Locklear on Twitter
Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear 2m2 minutes ago
Another neighbor tells me she saw the person of interest mowing his yard about noon yesterday. Doesn’t remember any smoke/fire in past few weeks. #MackenzieLueck
Weird? Wonder his working hours or if employed.

abso
I'm just catching up, but this guy (if he is the perp) had a lot of time to dispose of evidence, clean, etc. Kenzie was missing almost 4 days before she was reported missing and then it took about 2 days for LE to get up to speed and really start taking her disappearance seriously. That's more than enough time for the destruction of a lot of evidence.

absolutely! i was thinking that on my drive to work. statistically, if a crime took place it likely occurred within the first 24 hours, so LOTS of time!

They should do a "Richard Ramirez" on this guy. When residents in East L.A. recognzied Richard Ramirez, aka the "Night Stalker," they gave him a beatdown and held him for authorities. Best thing ever.
Well, he was a serial killer who terrorized an entire city.
I wouldn't suggest the public go crazy over this guy. (although it is a nice fantasy)
LE will put the pieces together soon, hopefully, judging by how careless he seems to be. Imo

I have to wonder about a person who would sleep on a used mattress picked on the side of the road. Icky icky! Just no.
I was wondering that, too. I don't really want anyone's used mattress, even if it is a relative/friend whom I know is clean, but especially don't want some random stranger's mattress that I found on the side of the road. Eww.

I'd have to think that that if the smoke in a tight neighborhood was from organic materials burning...someone would call the authorities. I know 2nd hand accounts were stating that they complained to the homeowner about the smoke, but haven't seen or heard anything else.

Do we know if she did any modeling? This is relevant to what I was mentioning yesterday about the accounts her Sinsta follows, and now I'm thinking more relevant to her disappearance. :(

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the POI's AirBnb was one of multiple AirBnbs connected to this case. MOO
You and I thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if there are other ones that may come up linked to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth