Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you provide a link that suggests a profitable farm business? The satellite imagery of the lot suggests that the small, rural property is mostly timber or pasture with lots of useless crap scattered about. The only portions of the property that might support a profitable business are the garage and the old barn where Mr Wolfe could have been growing marijunna. Since the price of pot has imploded in Oregon, the only profitable market for marijuana is the black market to school children or out of state.

This might explain why Karissa Fretwell did not immedistely apply for public assistance.

https://www.manta.com/c/mhh069f/mm-farm-llc

Thanks.

Manta is often purely speculative about revenue.

I took the liberty of calling the phone number. No one answered and the voice mailbox is full. Surprise, surprise, surprise, LoL.

I can not find any mention of MM Farms anywhere else except this related site here:

https://www.manta.com/mb_51_ALL_HB2/gaston_or?pg=9

I also took the liberty of checking the OLCC's list of recreational marijuana growers here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1IIc4Pq1Jd0oxUPIR1gVwG

There is no listing for MM Farms.
However; there is a listing for Lawson Wolfe Enterprises LLC. The address is in Amity, near Hopewell!

LAWSON WOLFE ENTERPRISES LLC Amity OR, 97101 - Cortera Company Profile

The address is just North of Amity. Only a few miles from Hopewell.

Last edited:
I know that I seem obsessive about the marijunna connection, but I have been perplexed by the fsct that Karissa Fretwell waited for over two years after giving birth to William before applying for public assistance. Even a troglodyte conservative such as myself understands how difficult it would be for a young, single mother with minimum wage job skills to survive.

In reading about the case, I get the impression that MW was giving KF enough financial help to convince her that she would be better off to keep quiet. Even if MW was giving her a few hundred dollars per month, it would have been difficult for a man with only a normal, blue collar job to conceal that much money from his spouse.

I have been compelled to learn more than I wish about Oregon's marijunna industry. The OLCC is reasonably diligent about monitoring recreational growers and enforcing the regulations. The idiots who administer the OMMP have made it their mission to enable marijuana bootleggers to operate with impunity. The OMMP had never even bothered to verify grow site addresses much less inspect a grow site until 2017! If MW and Mrs W had relatives with a legally licensed, OLCC grow, they might have been inspired to have their own grow. An OMMP licensed grow would offer far more freedom to sell "surplus product" either to the legal pot shops or the black market.

As you might have noticed, there is an extreme glut of legal weed in Oregon. It is estimated that the current population of imbibers would require 6 years to smoke it. The OMMP is begining to regulate licensed growers so that it is becoming moderately difficult for them to sell on the black market. MW might have stopped helping Karissa and William when his gravy train got derailed. If Karissa could document the previous assistance (paying her rent?), that could have been the basis for the Judge's $900 per month support decree. If Karissa knew enough about a hypothetical bootleg marijunna grow that had been the source of support and could document it, threatening to expose it would give MW (and associates) an additional motive to murder her.

Yamhill, are you saying Karissa didn't draw welfare money from Oregon for the 1st two years of Billy's life? And then there's the hospital bill for delivering him and the Dr.s bill. Oregon would surely want the father to re-pay the debt, thus she told them who the father was and it all blew up. It appears that as long as it was a secret everything was OK.

Yamhill, are you saying Karissa didn't draw welfare money from Oregon for the 1st two years of Billy's life? And then there's the hospital bill for delivering him and the Dr.s bill. Oregon would surely want the father to re-pay the debt, thus she told them who the father was and it all blew up. It appears that as long as it was a secret everything was OK.

Exactly!

Karissa could not have gotten by without financial assistance from someone. When William was born, legal marijunna grows were veev profitable. However; even the black market grows are struggling now.

Was the hospital bill for the birth paid?
Who paid it?
Did they pay cash?

This is not to disparage Karissa but point out the poßsibpo motivations.

Well Goooolly!
We just had a shooting in MacMiniville.

YamCo Watch

Yamhill County is going crazy. The homicide rate is absurd. Thanks to our imbecile judges who give criminals a free pass.

I stand corrected.
It would be interesting to know why the notice was served at a location where Karen Wolfe received it.
Had Mrs Wolfe found out already and he had to go live with Mommy?

I know I have had notices served on me. My two Labrador Retrievers attempted to steal the civil Deputy's car. Fortunately, it was my yellow lab who was sitting in the driver's seat. She couldn't figure out how to shift out of park.
Address history suggests his mother was living there in Gaston.

Look at a satellite image of their property. There seems to be three buildings. Googling the address also brings up the info that they had a profitable farm business.
The only business registration I found in Oregon under their names shows a business incorporated in September of 2013 that was extinguished 6 months later.

Exactly!

Karissa could not have gotten by without financial assistance from someone. When William was born, legal marijunna grows were veev profitable. However; even the black market grows are struggling now.

Was the hospital bill for the birth paid?
Who paid it?
Did they pay cash?

This is not to disparage Karissa but point out the poßsibpo motivations.
Thanks Yamhill, that explains the motivation - being outed as the father and not having the money to keep up the charade & away from the wife. There's always a back story.

The only business registration I found in Oregon under their names shows a business incorporated in September of 2013 that was extinguished 6 months later.

You are obviously better at this websleuthing than I am. Can you check the full name of the principals of Lawson Wolfe LLC to see what relationship they are to Michele Wolfe?

Has this person been named as a POI in the kidnapping and murder case? If not; it is against TOS to sleuth family members. I, too, am local to this case, and do not wish for the thread to be shut down. :(

Rules - Etiquette & Information

My apologies for not fully understand in the rules.

My only purpose was to provide context of Michele Wolfe's possible financial situation and how that would affect his apparent motive to kill. I was not intending to suggest complicity. Since marijunna has been decriminalized in Oregon, it is not defamatory to point a licensed grow.

Question:. What is the lag time between when an unwed mother seeks financial support from Oregon and when Oregon initiates filiation from the father?

Yamhill County just had another murder.
Oregon including PDX and other major urban areas has a homicide rate of 2 per 100,000.
Rural counties generally have much lower Homicide rates.
Yamhill County should be having about 1 murder per year.

Yamhill County just had another murder.
Oregon including PDX and other major urban areas has a homicide rate of 2 per 100,000.
Rural counties generally have much lower Homicide rates.
Yamhill County should be having about 1 murder per year.

I think we had two last year also. The Newberg one and the Willamina one. Belander went to Washington so that one doesn't count.

Ànyone remember the Megan Cordie case?
PommyMommy should.

Of course Megan Cordie was found barely half a mile from where this woman was found.

Body found in field identified as that of Vancouver woman

Yamhill County has a population of only 100,000 people and we have so many murdered mothers.
Yes, I remember Meghan's case well. Another senseless tragedy. :( Glad to see they have a POI in Lilia's case. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong