Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered since the beginning if he had a better look at the suspect than police have revealed. If the police divulged that info. to the public early on, perhaps the POI would have been far more careful about covering his tracks (not publicly selling the mattress, not burning evidence in his own backyard, etc.) They may have intended for whoever it was to let their guard down as it appears the POI did.
Yea, I’ve wondered that too... maybe the Lyft driver did give the police more info about the car (color/make, but no license plate) and driver ML met at the park, but LE kept that info close to the vest so as not to alert the suspect that they were working their way down the trail to him...

MOO that is good thinking, drop her off and drive on into an airtight alibi.
But didn't ML have to have given the Hatch Park address originally to Lyft?
The point is not that the driver somehow subverted the rideshare app, but that once he figured out what the girl was heading into to do he saw an opportunity and could have made a couple of phone calls. I worked this angle here because like I said in previous posts a bit more investigative work along this line couldn't hurt. This is why you should not tell your taxi/rideshare driver your vacation plans( how long you'll be gone, who's watching the house, security systems, etc) when you are picked up. Right...he could make a call or two and see some bucks coming his way down the road. Just some thoughts... and I do have some experience with this issue.

Last edited:
IMO, he is paid to drive a client from point A to point B. There could have been many reasons she structured her ride this way. Who was this person to question her? He is cleared and did what was right in talking to police about where he picked her up and dropped her off-- giving descriptions as well. I was to his benefit to do so AND he did what was right.
Yes, I'm changing my mind a bit. He may have been instrumental to this entire thing.

Seriously?

Doing his job.
IMO, he is paid to drive a client from point A to point B. There could have been many reasons she structured her ride this way. Who was this person to question her? He is cleared and did what was right in talking to police about where he picked her up and dropped her off-- giving descriptions as well. I was to his benefit to do so AND he did what was right.
And to add to that..........this man has a job. He dropped KL off and then left to pick up his next passenger. He is trying to make a living. He's not a body guard, LE or even a security guard. I'm sure he is devastated. He must be second guessing himself to no end. JMO

Michael Locklear on Twitter

NEW: UPS driver dropped off what appears to be an adjustable massage bed at the person of interest’s house. I called the #MackenzieLueck tipline and got a busy signal twice. Finally got through after waiting 10 minutes, and police just arrived to check it out.

D-FsAoMUwAAxOTy.jpg
What the heck??? If the police aren’t there, I sure hope that means they have him under surveillance somewhere else!

Thank you, but I never suggested anything switching cars and real destinations. I'm just still intrigued by this Hatch Park location and wondering if she has used a ride share to this place before, or if others have been dropped off there before (and if so, perhaps those people would all have a connection to POI). Just wondering how much info LE would have access to and what they could learn from it. Thanks again for the explanations!

i see where you are going with this - nothing to do with the driver but rideshare technology allowing us to learn more about this drop-off location and if there is an relevance besides this one occurrence. as a ride share user, ik you can def see a log of your history. this info is def on MLs phone and LE will be able to know if shes been dropped there before.

if it turned out ML had been dropped there before, im sure ride share companies can sort their data by drop-off locations and dates if LE wanted to cross reference. obviously wont help if someone meeting ML was in their own car.

even with a POI, this is definitely an interesting idea IMO and could help solidify events/motives potentially.

" Oy, Vey!" OTOH.

"Volume, Yay!" OTOH.

If you're LE, this is the type of problem you want to have....better this, than a bunch of detectives sitting around desperately waiting for the switchboard to light up.

JMO.
Unfortunately the reporter that tweeted about the call volume said that LE credited the large volume to unhelpful calls about the mattress :(

And to add to that..........this man has a job. He dropped KL off and then left to pick up his next passenger. He is trying to make a living. He's not a body guard, LE or even a security guard. I'm sure he is devastated. He must be second guessing himself to no end. JMO

Are we even sure the Lyft driver is a “him”? I’ve only seen the driver referred to in gender neutral terms. I would think people might think differently if the driver was a “her”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288