Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this was addressed before but at one point it was reported that 2 addresses were being searched - does that mean 1 house just seperating the airbnb and homeowners sleeping space into 2 seperate search areas?

Yes i saw this too glad to know I wasn't going crazy.

Yes, that’s been bothering me last night. When I was sleuthing the home which was searched I only found one parcel number, so one can infer that is one address. I think another place was searched as well.... just more quietly.

Where is everyone seeing Somalia for his origin? Everything I have seen on him and where his friends are from is Nigeria? Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone figured out if ML and POI have nay past history(coworkers etc)?

In the press conference, I think I heard a reporter say Somalia. No reason to think that the reporter got it right.

Though I will say, Kelsey Berreth's apartment was searched by LE and then released to her family. While her family was staying there, they saw blood in the bathroom and other spots, and they called LE back. It can happen, it does happen. The difference here is that you can't count on the POI himself saying "hey, guys, could you come back out to my house? You missed some evidence."

KB was just a missing person when LE did their initial "search" of the condo. No search warrant or reason to believe it was a crime scene. Still a Mayberry type effort by Woodland Park PD.

Here, the POI's house has been searched thoroughly under a warrant, so LE probably will find anything of value. They won't miss blood evidence.

We do not know if a crime was committed there or if LE found anything. If they found a body, we would know by now. If they found evidence of ML being there, I suppose we should know within a day, but as of now, there are no pressers scheduled. I would be surprised if there was blood evidence since the POI could easily overpower ML.

I'm going down the path that there was very little meaningful or obvious evidence found at the house, and LE is regrouping. Maybe DNA evidence will place ML at the house, but this will not be enough to convict.

Need to know POIs movements since ML went missing.

Need to find ML.

From what I understand, he is free and not being held any longer.
For what it's worth, the POI did attend The University of Utah as recently as 2017 per his LinkedIn Account. KL and POI could have crossed paths there.

I also looked at KL's FB and did not see him listed as a Friend which I found interesting.

Has anyone found a FB profile for the POI ? PLEASE DON'T POST IT - I went looking and couldn't find one. It just might be gone now anyway.

As a guy who's job is in computers and IT he would know how to minimize his digital footprint and could possibly explain why KL's phone was powered off so quickly upon meeting up with her "ride".

Just some thoughts.
Daily Mail had a screen shot of his Facebook profile pic.

For what it's worth, the POI did attend The University of Utah as recently as 2017 per his LinkedIn Account. KL and POI could have crossed paths there.

I also looked at KL's FB and did not see him listed as a Friend which I found interesting.

Has anyone found a FB profile for the POI ? PLEASE DON'T POST IT - I went looking and couldn't find one. It just might be gone now anyway.

As a guy who's job is in computers and IT he would know how to minimize his digital footprint and could possibly explain why KL's phone was powered off so quickly upon meeting up with her "ride".

Just some thoughts.

Good point on him probably knowing how to minimize his digital footprint. From what I saw though, POI went to UTAH STATE not the UNIVERSITY OF UTAH.

If you rate a driver below 3 stars or they rate you below 3 stars, the system never pairs you up again - that's what I mean by match.

thanks this is all new to me
have never taken an UBER or LYFT
last time I took a taxi of any kind would've been many many years ago
I'm learning so much on this case

The house is not a crime scene? With 40 or 50 people working through the night processing and carrying out loads of potential evidence I would think it would be. They must have had some reason to believe a crime had taken place there. Imo
Oh, they think it’s a crime scene.

You don’t show up with that many people, CSI techs, spend hours at a location, and hold a press conference from there, unless you believe it’s a crime scene.

I’m a bit surprised they finished so fast, but it’s not like they were left wanting for manpower.

Michael Locklear on Twitter

NEW: UPS driver dropped off what appears to be an adjustable massage bed at the person of interest’s house. I called the #MackenzieLueck tipline and got a busy signal twice. Finally got through after waiting 10 minutes, and police just arrived to check it out.

D-FsAoMUwAAxOTy.jpg
This is the original post and tweet about the reporter calling this in. Thanks, Ludakristen

I’m surprised to still see discussion about the Lyft driver. He fully cooperated with LE and they cleared him almost immediately. He did his job and delivered her to her desired destination that she entered in before getting in the vehicle.

I know all of us wish something would’ve happened in the sequence of events that would’ve changed ML’s likely fate but playing the what if game really doesn’t accomplish much, especially with someone who did exactly what they were supposed to.

Where is everyone seeing Somalia for his origin? Everything I have seen on him and where his friends are from is Nigeria? Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone figured out if ML and POI have nay past history(coworkers etc)?
It was mentioned by a reporter during the PC. Something about him being from Somalia in relation to his ability to flee the country or something. Maybe he lived in Nigeria at one point. I'm not really sure but maybe it had something to do with his passport. Imo

Just some thoughts.
as of last night he did have a FB, not sure about instagram

JMO: To those passing judgment on the Lyft driver for dropping her off at the destination she requested at 3 am, a point to consider: the driver was hired to drive an adult female from point A to point B. An adult female should not have to justify why she has hired a driver to drop her off at point B. In fact, many adult women might consider a male Lyft driver asking a lot of questions or doing anything other than delivering to point B both creepy and offensive. If he dropped her off and saw something suspicious, such as her being forced into a car, or suspected she needed help, that would be an appropriate scenario to contact the police. Watching her leave the Lyft and approach/enter a waiting car of her own freewill should not be considered a reason to act further. And just imagine the fall-out for that driver (as well as for Lyft) if he did try to prevent an adult female from going to her point B. Both could be accused of discriminating against women.

I agree with some others here: this driver could have been the break in the case.

ETA: edited to clarify

I’m surprised to still see discussion about the Lyft driver. He fully cooperated with LE and they cleared him almost immediately. He did his job and delivered her to her desired destination that she entered in before getting in the vehicle.

I know all of us wish something would’ve happened in the sequence of events that would’ve changed ML’s likely fate but playing the what if game really doesn’t accomplish much, especially with someone who did exactly what they were supposed to.
Agreed. I think everyone needs to stop discussing the Lyft driver scenarios!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500