ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you copy and paste any of this please? It's 'access denied' in the UK - grrrrrr!

Marshburn, who says he was asked by a friend of DeOrr's family to help find the child, said he took his two trained cadaver dogs up to the Timber Creek Campground June 8, searching the area for about a week. He said he was accompanied by Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner during the searches.

It took some time for his dogs to acclimatize to the thinner mountain air, Marshburn said, but on the third day, both dogs performed "a hard alert" on a specific area of the campground, indicating the presence of a body or remains. The dogs have been trained only to alert on human remains, not a decomposing animal, he said.

After Marshburn's dogs' alert, he said, Penner brought in an independent cadaver dog, which alerted on the same area of the campground, he said. ”

Relevant part from this link - https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/investigator-cadaver-dogs-alert-on-human-remains-at-campground-where-deorr-kunz-jr-disappeared/

I’m shaking. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths. When my husband came rushing in and read the article...BAM.

It’s so sad but it’s likely our little Deorr.

Justice for Deorr!
I know what you mean, I got chills all over when I read this. I just don't get how he wasn't found before, I do recall them saying they got a hit somewhere there. I wonder how long it will be before we know for sure.

I was so hoping against hope that he would be found alive though. :cry:

I know what you mean, I got chills all over when I read this. I just don't get how he wasn't found before, I do recall them saying they got a hit somewhere there. I wonder how long it will be before we know for sure.

It WOULD be good if his remains were found...but I still really want to know what happened....That would be real closure for me.

Oh Wow. Marshburn did it again. My goodness.

I hope it all pans out to be the boy. He does need a proper resting place.

This is really good news. Hope LE charges them both and keep em locked up till the real truth comes out. And it aint Granpa's fault I can guarantee that.

JMO
I think something happened before the trip. Its why the trip was so rushed. Going camping to a place where they had never been and with a friend of Grandpas who they never even met.

I am afraid the poor boy was long gone before they even headed to the campground.

But just to clarify, NO REMAINS have been found, correct?

His dogs alerted. But there were no remains at the campground that have been found yet. Am I right?

If I read the article correctly, it sounds like the campground is closed this weekend for further searches. I think the dogs alerted and they're following up this weekend. Hoping that means we'll hear soon if they've found him.

I

It is peculiar, I agree.

IIRC, the cadaver dogs in the initial searches hit on one area, and that turned out to be where someone had buried their doggie.

Odd now that 2 dogs hit on this new area, and the sheriff then brought his own dog up and his dog hit on the same area.

But didn't they say that a couple had brought the ashes of a deceased family member there to release in memorial? And it made the dogs alert at the reservoir?

Yes there was a lot of confusion before because of search dogs hitting on something in the upper part of the reservoir. LE told us that someone had been there to dispose of someone's cremains.

We never got any more than that. I hope the PI did not hit on the same spot because maybe its the same problem that happened last time. Scattered cremains of another family possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998