Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many odd things with this guy and his timeline. I question everything that is in his resume. According to his resume he started a degree in 2011 (finished in 2015) at London South Banks University and in the same year he started at the Utah State University. On his Linked in page he stated he started at the Utah uni in 2009. And he was in the army in 2014? Something is not right.

And if he is really that good at IT stuff then why did he leave clues on the internet? Listing stuff under his own name? Very amateurish. He's either really cocky and his narcissist *advertiser censored* thought everyone is stupid and he's safe or he is just an idiot.
I just hope whoever hurt Kenzie will man up, tell LE where is that poor girl and don't commit suicide. (at least not before her poor family knows what happened)

Exactly. Kelsey Berreth wasn't safe at home midday on Thanksgiving day. Jennifer Dulos wasn't safe in a posh, upscale neighborhood in the morning. Mollie Tibbets wasn't safe going for a run in a small, rural town in the early evening. We're not safe. We just like to feel safe. MOO

That's exactly why so many carry now.
jmo

Google tracks your cellphone everywhere. I forget what the function is called. I got a single notification on my phone once about it, and it showed on a map everywhere I'd been in the past week or two. I was horrified. I don't know how to turn it off, if that's even possible. It hasn't popped into my notifications again.

Google maps. Correct. My daughter and I actually have that available and have also installed Life 360 so we can watch out for each other. It shows the entire timeline though, so that might be it!

To those of you that are trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt I'm not sure if you know this but LE is 100% certain that it was the POI who picked Kenzie up at the park. I believe they may have found something in either he text messages or the online dating apps/websites that proves she met up with him. They would have had to in order to execute a search warrant like they did.

Brown said this case is a digital and forensic investigation. Authorities will continue to follow the digital footprint that's laid out in texting apps and other sources.

Police: Homeowner is person of interest in MacKenzie Lueck's disappearance
It doesn’t say that anywhere in the article. Did you possibly read something incorrectly?

He’s certainly powerful enough but I thought he may have used the gun to overpower her ...

I didn't have free time earlier to get into specifics, so here goes.

Note: I am a Salt Lake City local that works in Information Security. I've requested a verification path from a mod.

It seems there's questions about digital footprints and tracking. Needless to say, there's a wealth of information to be collected on the internet, even when someone thinks they're being sneaky about who they are. Generally, that info isn't available through just google searches, unless you know how to search and tie details together.

What I will focus on here is information that would be collected by law enforcement in a case like this.

When considering how a website or application is logged into, it's generally username and password. At least on the surface. Many companies are now implementing something called passive authentication. This is essentially a process that happens without the user even being aware. For example, logging into your bank. Have you ever received the "We don't recognize this device" message? That is passive authentication. Your bank website knows what devices you've previously used and when it doesn't recognize the device attempting to log into your account, it sends you into a secondary verification path - like sending you a text or an email to confirm it is you. Passive authentication is a protection against fraudulent activity. However...

It also collects a significant amount of data. IP address, browser type, reputation score of the IP - there's so much information and it all happens in seconds. Login attempts are tracked and stored, even if only for a period of time, and will collect the information I mentioned above. As it pertains to SM accounts - users of those platforms ARE the product, and they have very robust analytics programs. That is, they have data upon data upon data and can help LE visualize the big picture of ML's activity as well as the POI.

I have no knowledge of the warrants in this case, but I expect they involved getting all account login data for ML's accounts for the past 30 days. That way, they will know which IP addresses/devices she used to login to her accounts, and review for any activity after the 17th. This doesn't even have to be done manually - often, companies have software that performs data aggregation and may be able to provide an analytics report plus the raw data to LE.
Great informative post. Thanks for all your knowledge.

To those of you that are trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt I'm not sure if you know this but LE is 100% certain that it was the POI who picked Kenzie up at the park. I believe they may have found something in either he text messages or the online dating apps/websites that proves she met up with him. They would have had to in order to execute a search warrant like they did.

Brown said this case is a digital and forensic investigation. Authorities will continue to follow the digital footprint that's laid out in texting apps and other sources.

Police: Homeowner is person of interest in MacKenzie Lueck's disappearance

You say that “LE is 100% sure that it was the POI who picked Kenzie up at the park.” How do you know this? Where is it documented? It’s not in the link you provided, and it’s not spelled out in what you bolted.

MOO

There are so many odd things with this guy and his timeline. I question everything that is in his resume. According to his resume he started a degree in 2011 (finished in 2015) at London South Banks University and in the same year he started at the Utah State University. On his Linked in page he stated he started at the Utah uni in 2009. And he was in the army in 2014? Something is not right.

And if he is really that good at IT stuff then why did he leave clues on the internet? Listing stuff under his own name? Very amateurish. He's either really cocky and his narcissist *advertiser censored* thought everyone is stupid and he's safe or he is just an idiot.
I just hope whoever hurt Kenzie will man up, tell LE where is that poor girl and don't commit suicide. (at least not before her poor family knows what happened)
Also, why was he in the army for only about 15months? I never heard of someone signing up for that short a commitment. Is there a site we can view his discharge status - honorable or otherwise?

I don't understand why she would choose or be willing to go to a park at that hour. I'm not judging her. I'm just wondering what the link was for her, or why it made sense, especially after a difficult weekend and funeral. Had she met him or someone else there before and it was 'safe' turf to her? Or just made sense to her for reasons we can't see into? Again, not criticism or any blame, just trying to look at it through her lens. Which I guess we really can't.

It made sense to her because she had done it before. This is way back to the first or second thread, but - and hopefully someone can corroborate - one tip is about another man meeting her at a park. That is, it seems that this might be where and when she meets people. Some people meet at houses, others at coffee shops and some at parks. Not too many meet at parks in the middle of the night.

We have a verified expert who can speak to this lifestyle as a normal and healthy choice.

Someone posted a few days ago they thought it was odd a game called KiwiNinja or something like that using KL Novababy96 or one of them had earned some type of game achievement after she went missing. Does anyone here remember that post it was here on WS

I’m late again, but I do recall. I think it was a brand new poster’s first post.

My guess was that she was disabled at the same time that her phone was disabled. Ted Bundy lured women to willingly get into his car. After he started driving, he hit them in the head so hard that they were either knocked out, or they started speaking jibberish. Hannah Graham and other victims of Jessie Matthews, same thing, hit them in the head to take control.

My guess is: disabled in his car, carried to next location.

That's entirely possible, certainly.

We know ML planned to meet him.

She got willingly into his vehicle and did not appear in any distress per the Lyft driver.

It doesn't make logical sense to me that he would have then attacked her in the car when it's pretty clear she got into the vehicle willingly and was planning to accompany him to another location.

He would have had much more control of the situation in his home than in his car.
Transporting her, either conscious or unconscious, from his car into his home would involve an extra degree of risk. That house doesn't have an attached garage.

Having said that, if there are signs of a struggle in his vehicle, I'll change my tune post-haste.

JMO.

You say that “LE is 100% sure that it was the POI who picked Kenzie up at the park.” How do you know this? Where is it documented? It’s not in the link you provided, and it’s not spelled out in what you bolted.

MOO

Personally do not think they would have named him a POI or went to his house like they did if they thought otherwise. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea