Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for finding that. That's the discussion I remembered! I am 100% now - that article is inaccurate. JMO

the only video I have watched was the press release this morning that told about the poi. during some rapid questions it was asked about the fatherless yesterday and le responded that they were aware of that and it was part of what lead them to the poi. I have no idea how or where to find a archive of the live feed.

I feel like LE has no conclusive evidence linking POI unless they knew he picked up or met KL at the park. If he gets a lawyer, this case will hit a dead end.

What was surprising from the beginning is why they publicized that this search was linked to KL. Very very uncharacteristic of LE. They would usually be quiet unless everything is investigated.

As far as I know, we don’t have any reason to believe that. There’s an article that says it, but it’s not attributed back to LE in any way whatsoever.
Except for the press conference today where the Chief actually says it. Personally, I don't think you can get much more attributed to LE than that. moo

Good news is that if he like to film, there's film of Kenzie too. It might only be at the doorbell, but there is a reason that police believe this was the last place that she was seen alive.

Did I read that he has been released, a bit like Jennifer Dulos husband? Does that mean investigators are waiting for results?

Big difference @otto -- FD was arrested, and released on bail, wearing an ankle bracelet tracking his every move.

The Utah Homeowner is only a person of interest.

I missed it.

What account and digital tracking is directly descending on the Airbnb house?
It's the Instagram #fatherless account that connected with her Instagram after she was missing.

This is the only Instagram post they refer to. It was the only one active.
Yes, but it was the writer of the article who said investigators said it led to the home, not LE. They have LE's statements in quotes. I think they may be making an assumption. They are assuming that's part of what LE means by digital trail.
It may be true, but I have not heard LE verify it yet. Last we heard they said they were aware of it and were looking into it. Imo

I feel like LE has no conclusive evidence linking POI unless they knew he picked up or met KL at the park. If he gets a lawyer, this case will hit a dead end.

Nah they are still connecting the dots in order to form the complete picture

Evidence testing, cell data, possibly cctv. Dna etc etc

There will be an arrest and it won’t be too long of a wait imo

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched
A Sandy woman is giving a better understanding and insight into a house police extensively searched in relation to missing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

[...]

TC said her co-workers were talking about what happened when she came to work Thursday morning. She realized that she recognized the home.

[...]

TC said the homeowner hired her in March to clean his home.

[...]

In addition to cleaning the man’s home, TC said she also cleaned his Airbnb unit in the home’s basement. She described seeing something of note, that she indicated she hopes can help police in her investigation.

“There was cameras everywhere in the house,” she said. “In the master bedroom, there was three cameras in there.”

She said the cameras were set up in the master bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining room and downstairs in the Airbnb unit.

[...]

A man stopped by the home Thursday, saying he was staying through Airbnb and had checked in the previous Friday. The man said he didn't notice anything suspicious with the home or home owner.

He went inside to collect his belongings, and leave.

[...]

A shipment labeled as an adjustable massage bed arrived at the home Thursday.

Police said they received hundreds of mattress-related tips on Thursday, and they reiterated Thursday evening that they are only looking to speak to the specific people who personally picked up the mattress or box spring from the Salt Lake City home.

[...]

Everyone, including TC, is hoping police are getting closer to finding MacKenzie.

“Scary, yeah,” TC said. “I hope she's found.”

Last edited:

What was surprising from the beginning is why they publicized that this search was linked to KL. Very very uncharacteristic of LE. They would usually be quiet unless everything is investigated.

Very surprised he hasn’t lawyered up yet.

Except for the press conference today where the Chief actually says it. Personally, I don't think you can get much more attributed to LE than that. moo

As far as I know, the Chief said nothing of the kind in the press conference today. Is there a transcript of it anywhere? I listened to it once...

I have been looking at that pic all day trying to figure that out and find a link to USU football. (The background does look like Logan) if you figure it out let me know!
Is this from the video that says it was shot at Snowbird Ski Resort? I’m not familiar with the area at all.

I have been wanting to listen to the presser again to clear this up but if someone else has time before I do, please do!

"It comes after investigators say an Instagram follow made from Mackenzie’s account played a part in leading them to the home of the person of interest."
I remember what they said. They said they were looking into it.

MassGuy pointed out earlier that DNA is necessary for some charges in Utah so I believe they are just waiting for the lab test results. It would also explain call for the mattress and box springs, perhaps as backup if they don't find her DNA inside the house. Personally, I believe they will.

I wonder where he spent the day because a reporter stated that he had not returned to the house.

I don't think that's what was said in the press conference though. I remember some discussion about it this morning and I just don't think this is accurate. MOO

The article says investigators said the Instagram account was what led them to the house, yet we did not hear them say that and I haven't seen any other news sources stating this. They quoted everything else the chief said but not that particular statement.

I’m with you. The headline says one thing, but the article says another.

They also appear to be the only outlet saying that the Instagram follow led to his discovery.

I’m convinced this came from cell phone records, and they have it wrong.

(Well jeez no wonder I was confused. Man, AND you guys just got me to reveal I really felt like Shaggy! Man! Get it together peeps, just kidding :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie