Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I want to know, too. He's, seemingly educated, and works in IT... he had to know about digital footprints.

Lots of people work in IT, in lots of different capacities. It sounds like this guy was pretty low level. He also seems to think he is much, much smarter than he actually is.

I work in IT, and I am very good at what I do, but I don't know squat about cyber security, and would fail miserably at trying to cover my tracks online.

I had considered the possibility, but thought it unlikely due to the length of time/amount of heat required combined with the proximity to neighbors. I thought he might have taken her elsewhere but burned her belongings.

Edited to add: the only thing that had me wondering about the fire was the presence of the ME van.
I thought it unlikely, too, and I'm still not convinced. Just because they found DNA evidence does not mean...sigh, I can't even say what I'm thinking. :(

May I just say that I am incredibly impressed with just how quickly the Salt Lake City PD and DA acted in this case and how quickly they made an arrest. They were on this in full force from the day she was reported missing. I tip my hat to them. Bravo.

Latest from the Tribune:

MacKenzie Lueck is dead. Police seek aggravated murder charge against man arrested.

Investigators say missing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck has died — and they have arrested a Salt Lake City man who police say killed her and burned her body.

Ayoola Ajayi, 31, was being booked into jail on suspicion of aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, desecration of a body and obstruction of justice after a SWAT team took him into custody Friday morning at a West Temple apartment complex, said Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown.

So tremendously unnecessary and sad.

Thank god for law enforcement’s work.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
What we know about Ayoola Ajayi, the man arrested in connection with MacKenzie Lueck's disappearance
[...]

According to Salt Lake County property records, Ajayi owns the home at 547 N. 1000 West where police served a search warrant Wednesday evening.

He joined Airbnb as a user in 2016, according to the site. He listed his home there in two separate pages, offering accommodations in the basement of the home, according to the site.

Ajayi’s LinkedIn indicates that he has work experience in tech support and IT for companies in Utah including Dell, Goldman Sachs and Microsoft.

[...]

He also self-published a book on Amazon called "Forge Identity." In the book, a teenage boy witnesses a gruesome murder and must choose whether to live a life of crime or make an escape, according to the plot summary.

Ajayi was discharged from the Utah Army National Guard in June 2015 after six months of service, according to Utah National Guard Public Affairs Officer D.J. Gibb.

Ajayi was a member of the 214th Forward Support Company in Tooele, according to Gibb. He did not go through basic training and did not receive any certificates or awards, Gibb said. Therefore, he was not eligible to deploy with the Army National Guard, he said.

Ajayi did not meet “medical procurement standards” and was discharged as a result, Gibb said.

Ajayi was ordered to pay $1,097 to Ridgeview Property Management in a Davis County eviction case in 2017, according to court records.

Ajayi, along with two other men, were served a three-day notice to pay or vacate the premises in March 2016, with which they did not comply, court documents show.

Aside from several traffic violations, Ajayi has no previous criminal history in Utah.

[...]

KSL states the 2nd person was taken into custody with AA was a matter of protocol but that he has been released. (He was brought it because he was there when AA are arrested.) The man speaking now will not indicate whether or not there may be further arrests.

Rapid DNA was not used. The ME's office worked around the clock.

KSL has just stated that the 2nd person initially taken into custody was ONLY taken in due to LE policy, as he was in the apartment with the perp at the time.
He has not been held, and KSL will no longer show his image on their station.

I fervently hope LE is keeping an eye on that guy AND investigating the fellow that left the awful review on airBnB.

There is something very wrong and I just don’t think POI acted alone

He lied and lied and lied to LE. He admitted texting her (can't recall when he claimed they last texted), but he denied he looked at any of her SM accounts, denied even knowing what she looked like and denied that he ever
met her that night or any other.

He's high up there on the old Depravity Scale!

Worked less than 2 years for the Army. Resume is full of lies.

Warning signs everywhere.
Women coming and going from house..

Warning signs
Yes, from the outside looking in we can see nothing but warning signs. Sadly, KL didn't see them. I can only hope after what KL went through it will open the eyes of others to never let their guard down. She had a lifestyle many of us cringe at but regardless she didn't deserve this.

Strange, extremely sad case. RIP Kenz.

That one meetup page with all those listings of sexual things, was complete insanity. This world is full of dangerous evil people who prey on humanity. I just feel real disgusted and feel for her friends and family.

Such a disturbing, horrific outcome.

The chief of police did say they are investigating to see if others were involved.

There’s no doubt they will compare his life and actions with unsolved cases.

I personally do not think this was his first rodeo, even though he was incredibly stupid in his cover-up attempts. If it was his first, they may have stopped a serial killer before other lives were taken.

JMO

Glad she has been found, not sure why it took so long. LE had all the evidence they needed from her phone records. They should have been at that house days ago.

JMO

IMO, the police moved very quickly. The delay in this case was due to her never being reported missing until sometime Thursday (I think afternoon). They needed warrants to get the phone info, time to receive it and figure out who she was talking. They moved insanely fast once they knew there was a person missing and got access to her stuff. They were at the house days ago, but testing the items they found took time.

Man charged with murder, kidnapping of missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck
[...]

Ayoola Ajayi is charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping and other charges, authorities announced.

Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown said he personally telephoned the young lady's parents in Southern California to tell them their daughter was dead.

“This is one of the most difficult phone calls I have ever made as both Greg and his wife Diana are devastated, are broken by this news," Brown said.

[...]

Man arrested on suspicion of murder, kidnapping in disappearance of MacKenzie Lueck
A man has been arrested and will face charges of murder, kidnapping and obstruction of justice in the death of missing University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown identified the man as Ayoola Ajayi.

Ajayi was arrested Friday morning after SWAT personnel responded to an apartment complex in Salt Lake City.

Police said during Friday’s press conference that forensic evidence collected at a home Ajayi owns revealed DNA belonging to Lueck.

Police said the man is accused of murdering the woman and burning her remains in his backyard in an attempt to hide the crime.

[...]
First, one of their mothers, then their daughter. Overwhelming grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck