Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...you would definitely think that AirBnB should require at the VERY LEAST a background check! That's baffling. I hope they consider changing some of their policies after this case.

This may be a moot point, but someone awhile back asked what one needs to do to be an Airbnb host. I am one, and the answer is "not much". You list your space, take some pics, and you're good to go. Your listing definitely needs to be approved by Airbnb, but unless it looks horrible or you don't provide enough information or...whatever other red flag they may find, I don't think there is a huge vetting process. However, I don't think this has anything to do with Airbnb. First, she lives in the same town. I doubt she would have reserved the space through Airbnb to stay 20 minutes from home, and if she had, there would be a clear record of it. All guests and hosts, once the reservation is accepted, get the other's information, so it's all out there - and of course Airbnb can pull those records any time, too.

I am curious though, if the maid saw all of those cameras you would think that any Airbnb guests would have seen them, too - that's assuming that he ever had any. I put a lot of work into my space and am almost always booked with tons of easily seen great reviews, but it's work. You have to really take care of your space and your guests, and I'm not sure this guy would have done that. In any case, visible cameras are defintely a big no no and should have been reported, if he had any guests that had seen them. I know I sure would have reported it! I have stayed in quite a few myself and would have never not reported something like that!

Chris Jones on Twitter
BREAKING: Mugshot of Ayoola Ajayi, suspected murderer of #MackenzieLueck
D-LDNE8UIAAq5gz.jpg

1:41 PM - 28 Jun 2019

Dead eyes. IMO.

wow...you would definitely think that AirBnB should require at the VERY LEAST a background check! That's baffling. I hope they consider changing some of their policies after this case.

I said the same thing after Carla Stefaniak was killed by a security guard at an AirBnB in Costa Rica. Unfortunately, this has happened and will happen again. :(

I've been following this with horror this morning.

But I have to say I have had a VERY bad feeling about ML and whether or not she was still alive since the very first day I heard about it. Which was just Monday. What a week.

AA is exactly what I thought the perp would turn out to be, with the exception of him being from Africa. And I do think they need to look for additional victims, because IMHO he's likely a serial SOMETHING.

"AA"? What do you mean?

Yes. She was not a SB or casual friend, she was a one-time, disposable prop in his fantasy (and perhaps in a video/photo shoot).

He had something specific in mind, imo, and she looked the part and was easily accessible. This was not a mutually-agreed-upon exchange relationship, but he tricked her, used her, abused her, and killed her.

There is no way I think this is his first victim. I don't know if he's killed before, but he has pulled similar tricks and acts before, imo. And I certainly don't think ML would've been the last. Thank goodness he was stopped.

jmo
After reading about the sound proof room that he wanted completed, quickly, and the fact that he has no *real* job, I’m thinking he was making *advertiser censored* movies, and profiting???

IMO.

I'm heartbroken. As we suspected he did burn her in the garden. Her poor family can't even have her body back. Just imagine having your mother's funeral, your precious daughter having there grieving with you, then she leaves and a few hours later she's murdered. I feel sick.

LE and the crime lab guys etc did a really good job, they were quick.
I hope Utah have the death penalty. I'm glad that LE is not mentioning his name. I bet his narcissist *advertiser censored* would love having his name out there everywhere, but we have to focus on Kenzie and her story. That poor girl. Thank God that was an amateur, stupid idiot and made LE's work easier.
My heart goes out to Mackenzie's family and friends and to those guys who work on the case.
Rest in paradise Mackenzie

Personally, I hope they don't give him the death penalty. He should live with this in a cell for the rest of his life.

Not sure I understand the timeline of the fires and the reporting of the fires. If LE went to the house due to the fire reports, did the fire reports come in AFTER people realized there was a missing woman? Or did the neighbors report the fires, LE didn't do anything, and then looked through those reports later in the course of their investigation? I'm thinking neighbors complained to the about his fires and didn't report them to LE, and then when they realized a young woman was missing, they called in to report the suspicious activity.

Oh he wouldn’t have used an AR-15 type weapon.

It’s too long, and easy for the victim to grab and maneuver.

He may have had some sort of handgun though, or even a knife.

Lots of possibilities.
Right that's what others posted the other night responsive to my wondering if a gun was used to get her to hand over the phone - I'm not sure now if a gun was part of the evidence they took - will have to go back and look at the MSM articles. I know the type of weapon using the ammunition was discussed here.

If she had known him before and knew he had an Airbnb then maybe she was just being considerate of her other roomates and maybe she decided it would be best to sleep elsewhere for that night since her arrival time was so early in the morning.

An unnamed source, per KSL, has stated that KL and the POI had "some arrangement" going on prior to her going CA, through an app. The source had discussed this with KL more than once, and based on these conversations, the source "didn't have a good feeling" about the POI.

It was either stated or implied by the KSL reporter (I can't recall which) that this source does not want to be identified due to the fact he was using this particular app. The source did go to the police with his information.

Not sure I understand the timeline of the fires and the reporting of the fires. If LE went to the house due to the fire reports, did the fire reports come in AFTER people realized there was a missing woman? Or did the neighbors report the fires, LE didn't do anything, and then looked through those reports later in the course of their investigation? I'm thinking neighbors complained to the about his fires and didn't report them to LE, and then when they realized a young woman was missing, they called in to report the suspicious activity.
I don't think Kenzie was reported missing until after the fires :(

Personally, I hope they don't give him the death penalty. He should live with this in a cell for the rest of his life.

Really? To work out at the gym and eat three meals a day and get great medical/dental care? Do you really think he's going to feel remorseful? He's not. He needs the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23