Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
...You have to really take care of your space and your guests, and I'm not sure this guy would have done that. ....

What do you by take care of your guests -- do you provide breakfast?

MacKenzie Lueck murder suspect apparently wrote book involving burning bodies
[...]

In the Amazon's book summary, it describes two people burning, starting with:

Ezekiel was almost 15 when he witnessed a gruesome murder. An angry mob burned his neighbor alive in the street and the man died at his feet. Sadly, it was not the last time he witnessed such horror.

Later in the same summary:

a loved one was killed in the same brutal, terrifying way 50 feet from him, and he could do nothing to stop it.

[...]

The Amazon page also provides a biography that reads in part:

Ayoola Ajayi was born and raised in Africa. He has been a salesman, an entrepreneur, and a writer. He has survived a tyrannical dictatorship, escaped a real life crime, traveled internationally, excelled professionally in several industries, and is currently curating a multi-platform advertising campaign for his debut novel, Forge Identity

The profile on Amazon seems to fit the information that is known about the suspect who is confirmed as Nigerian from Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.

[...]

It is not known if Amazon.com will remove the book from sale. Many reviews on the book are new and call for it to be taken down from the website.

[...]

With all the talk about steps the defendant may have taken to avoid detection- such as the Lyft to hatch park instead of his house-
Why didn’t he think to leave his phone at home that night or shut it off? Because it sounds like his phone pinging at the park one minute apart from hers was a big piece of evidence. I’m still curious why the meetup was at the park and whose idea the location was.

Then again he was also one of the last —if not the last —one to text or message with her. He was always going to be a top suspect once that social media/phone search warrant was done. And then the awful DNA evidence right there in his yard.

This guy is no mastermind that’s for sure.
I agree. The thought that he’s done something like this before seems unlikely to me. The trail of evidence he left was way too sloppy for someone who’s done this before. That is, unless he wanted to be caught.

With all the talk about steps the defendant may have taken to avoid detection- such as the Lyft to hatch park instead of his house-
Why didn’t he think to leave his phone at home that night or shut it off? Because it sounds like his phone pinging at the park one minute apart from hers was a big piece of evidence. I’m still curious why the meetup was at the park and whose idea the location was.

Then again he was also one of the last —if not the last —one to text or message with her. He was always going to be a top suspect once that social media/phone search warrant was done. And then the awful DNA evidence right there in his yard.

This guy is no mastermind that’s for sure.
Missing Utah student: Suspect facing aggravated murder charge in Mackenzie Lueck case, police say - CNN

Yes he was the last person she texted. From the airport. I assume he took his phone in order to make sure she arrived at the park, to text her again possibly if she didn't arrive within a certain amount of time. Again, not too bright on his part for what he was planning.
Interesting in above article is that her Instagram was open and used to follow another user after she went missing, the next day or so. Could be reasons for that, as also noted in the article and wonder if this was also his doing.

"Lueck's Instagram account has been active since she disappeared. An account bearing the name "Kenzie Lueck" followed another Instagram user on or about Wednesday, CNN verified. That user has not replied to CNN's request for comment.
It's possible another individual accessed Lueck's account and is responsible for the activity.
The account belongs to Lueck, her sorority sister Kennedy Stoner confirmed. Lueck's friends have shared information regarding the account's activity with Salt Lake City police, Stoner said.
Investigators have been looking into the account's activity, along with the rest of the case's "digital footprint," Brown confirmed Thursday."

Although I agree that Airbnb may not be responsible for the murder of ML, however if you read the attached article about Airbnb you will see that, IMO, they make no (or very little) attempt to protect their guests.

Although police have so far said this (AA) didn’t have a criminal record, we don’t know if there may have been any complaints by any of his previous Airbnb guests that could have been cause for concern and should have gotten him shut down.

Granted, we can’t take what every person speaking publicly right now is legitimate and telling the truth, but just on my quick look at some posts on the last thread there was a comment by a woman who said she had stayed in the basement room and, after her stay, AA sent her a friend request on SM. She said she found it strange and did not accept his request.

I wonder if any previous guests filed complaints or have bad reviews and if Airbnb may have ignored them, thus allowing him to continue to operate. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had cameras throughout the guest area (including the bathroom & shower). I saw one news report that said they spoke with a woman who said she cleaned the property in March and that there were several cameras - including three in the Master Bedroom.

If a complaint is filed, you are shut down. Immediately. I have never had a bad review, but I know if you do receive them, you can be shut down if it continues (and by 'bad review', I mean...there were roaches or the sheets were dirty....not something heinous).

Airbnb does what they can, but there is also a responsibility of both the host and the guest to be decent human beings. We knew when we started it that there would always be a certain level of risk, and we do our best to mitigate that. But there is no guarantee just as if a guest checked into a hotel (as in the Las Vegas Concert Shooting) with an arsenal of weapons nobody saw. It's not the hotel's fault that a psychopath checked into their property. I would venture to say that Airbnb is almost safer in that regard, as hosts and guests are vetted at least a little bit. Anyone can check into a hotel in the room next to you and you wouldn't know them from Adam.

Does anyone have the link or a screen shot of AA's Airbnb site? I would be interested in whether or not he has guest reviews, and if so, what they are.

Although I agree that Airbnb may not be responsible for the murder of ML, however if you read the attached article about Airbnb you will see that, IMO, they make no (or very little) attempt to protect their guests.

Although police have so far said this (AA) didn’t have a criminal record, we don’t know if there may have been any complaints by any of his previous Airbnb guests that could have been cause for concern and should have gotten him shut down.

Granted, we can’t take what every person speaking publicly right now is legitimate and telling the truth, but just on my quick look at some posts on the last thread there was a comment by a woman who said she had stayed in the basement room and, after her stay, AA sent her a friend request on SM. She said she found it strange and did not accept his request.

I wonder if any previous guests filed complaints or have bad reviews and if Airbnb may have ignored them, thus allowing him to continue to operate. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had cameras throughout the guest area (including the bathroom & shower). I saw one news report that said they spoke with a woman who said she cleaned the property in March and that there were several cameras - including three in the Master Bedroom.
Sorry to reply to my own post but I forgot to add the link to the article I mentioned.

Is Airbnb Safe? We Analyzed 1021 Horror Stories to Find Out

Airbnb doesnt ignore bad reviews. It is just like Lyft. If you have enough bad reviews, you get removed. You have to maintain a certain review level. Also, even if he had been removed from Airbnb, how would that have prevented this?? She wasnt staying at his house as an Airbnb guest.

Forgive me for asking what might be obvious. My internet is going in and out (driving me nuts!). While the connection is up for a second, can someone please tell me if ML's body has been found, or if it's just tissue/DNA that has been found.

Thank you for an answer!!

Fingers crossed that my internet stays up....

It wouldn’t have gotten him in trouble driver would message Lyft why not comfortable doing it. You are an independent contractor with your own car. You can’t get fired for that same if your not comfortable going in a bad area. Passengers can rate you one star that they weren’t satisfied but that about it.

I’m not blaming him of course it’s not his fault but I wouldn’t have let her out there. I’m sure he’s feeling horrible about it.
I understand what you are saying, but if you refused to let her out where she wanted, you could be charged with kidnapping.

Another one gone, so sad.

They had obviously seen each other before according to the friend who says he warned her about him. My question is why would they meet first at the park and not have Lyft just drop her off at his house? I guess if he had this planned ahead of time, meeting at the park would buy some time into anyone knowing his address. I don’t think he necessarily subdued her at all, why would he need to? She prob thought they were going back to his house to do what they do just like times before - until it was too late. :(

Speaking as an owner of an AirBnb rental, AirBnb definitely does respond to any & all complaints made to them,
and if the complaints are in the form of a review, we are not allowed to go below a 4.5 (I think?) out of 5 rating or we lose our listing.

Another one gone, so sad.

They had obviously seen each other before according to the friend who says he warned her about him. My question is why would they meet first at the park and not have Lyft just drop her off at his house? I guess if he had this planned ahead of time, meeting at the park would buy some time into anyone knowing his address. I don’t think he necessarily subdued her at all, why would he need to? She prob thought they were going back to his house to do what they do just like times before - until it was too late. :(
Does anyone have a link to the stuff about the friend warning KL about AA? Thanks in advance :)

If a complaint is filed, you are shut down. Immediately. I have never had a bad review, but I know if you do receive them, you can be shut down if it continues (and by 'bad review', I mean...there were roaches or the sheets were dirty....not something heinous).

Airbnb does what they can, but there is also a responsibility of both the host and the guest to be decent human beings. We knew when we started it that there would always be a certain level of risk, and we do our best to mitigate that. But there is no guarantee just as if a guest checked into a hotel (as in the Las Vegas Concert Shooting) with an arsenal of weapons nobody saw. It's not the hotel's fault that a psychopath checked into their property. I would venture to say that Airbnb is almost safer in that regard, as hosts and guests are vetted at least a little bit. Anyone can check into a hotel in the room next to you and you wouldn't know them from Adam.

Does anyone have the link or a screen shot of AA's Airbnb site? I would be interested in whether or not he has guest reviews, and if so, what they are.
I’ll admit I know very little about Airbnb. But this article has some very troubling information. It sounds as if there is little, if any, investigation by Airbnb to see if a host is really who they say they are. It sounds like it would be very easy to create a fake profile of someone with no criminal record, even if the real person DOES have one, and you can start accepting guests. This is from the article I linked in a previous post:

The worst Airbnb guest horror stories
Below are a few examples of the worst Airbnb guest horror stories reported by major news outlets:

In the aftermath of such events:

Airbnb representatives often say things like, “We are outraged at the reports of what happened; as soon as we were made aware, we permanently banned this individual.” (Source 1) (Source 2) (Source 3)

The truth is:

THIS IS TOTAL, UTTER BS!

If a “bad” host is “permanently banned” from Airbnb, they can just go ahead and create a new account under a different name. They can even use the same listing photos from before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken