Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

Great question - His elderly parents I bet.
I wonder if the elderly parents harbored him those few days before he was caught, maybe he didn’t give them a choice. Be interesting to see if LE let’s the public know if this happened. I guess they will have to if they end up pressing charges as they say they will per that last posted article.

What about Indiana State Police?

I cannot find any evidence online ISP were there in the end in Boone County but they were involved.

Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith and a team of deputies, along with Indiana State Troopers, have a perimeter setup in the search for kidnap and assault suspect Paul Etter.

Police tighten manhunt for suspect accused of abducting woman

Overview from Newsweek:

Indiana man accused of rape kills himself after lengthy standoff with police: "All negotiations that we tried today completely failed"

All in all, DNA results would be back by now, the FBI would be involved, and there would be a presser by now if he has any other crimes in his background that deserve that kind of attention, but could be wrong. IMO.

I cannot find any evidence online ISP were there in the end in Boone County but they were involved.

Tippecanoe County Sheriff Bob Goldsmith and a team of deputies, along with Indiana State Troopers, have a perimeter setup in the search for kidnap and assault suspect Paul Etter.

Police tighten manhunt for suspect accused of abducting woman

Overview from Newsweek:

Indiana man accused of rape kills himself after lengthy standoff with police: "All negotiations that we tried today completely failed"

All in all, DNA results would be back by now, the FBI would be involved, and there would be a presser by now if he has any other crimes in his background that deserve that kind of attention, but could be wrong. IMO.
Honestly I think DNA takes a bit longer to process about 1-2 weeks seems to be standard protocol due to lab testing and double checks. I think we may hear something after the weekend but not before that. Imo There really is no rush as he is dead. I think LE will take their time with this one. I don’t think the public will hear much more for a few days -weeks. JMO but If this guy is who many think he is there will be a hush period. On the other hand I do hope family that recognizes him might speak out.

Why did PE request media coverage if he intended to kill himself? Was there something he needed to say or a message he needed to get out to the public? I don’t believe LE allowed Media to get close enough to him obviously for safety reasons. I’m just curious as to why he requested the media.

Why did PE request media coverage if he intended to kill himself? Was there something he needed to say or a message he needed to get out to the public? I don’t believe LE allowed Media to get close enough to him obviously for safety reasons. I’m just curious as to why he requested the media.

Maybe he wanted to do it on camera, to traumatize reporters, photographers, and the public if there was live reporting. Going out in a blaze of glory. For that reason I'm very glad LE kept the media distant. They may have suspected that was his plan. He certainly didn't deserve the chance to inflict any more trauma on innocent people.

30+ years ago, PA's Treasurer called a news conference and did this on live mic and camera, horrifying reporters and cameramenrather than face his sentencing hearing the next day. Search R. Budd Dwyer if you want to know more.

As much as I'd like to think he had a big message for us, I have a feeling his message was to his family, or maybe even to the woman he'd raped. I don't think LE ever planned on letting media anywhere close, but they might have also used it as a bargaining chip, trying to keep him talking so he didn't go through with it. JMO

However he was a violent felon because of the battery conviction, although it was only a misdemeanour from what I can make out. He also had a felony charge in '97 but looks like he got off that. Interesting, I found his Flora address on that charge. See below.

07/08/1997
Converted Event
to appear warrant to issue for defendant's arrest. (NOTE: copy to LeGrand Clark and defendant)

07/28/1997
Converted Event
Comes now the defendant in person and gives as his true age 33 years and as his permanent address 5694 E. 100 N., Flora, In. 46929.
Wow, only 14 miles from some good hiking...

Do you think they are meeting with his family today or in the near future to hear their thoughts on video and voice? I hope they do not protect him and do tell the truth now that he is deceased. Imo they would be able to easily identify his voice and mannerisms even before DNA could be checked out.
I asked about this on another thread, but if for whatever reason they can't legally use his DNA to compare to other crimes, couldn't his family volunteer their own DNA, which could be a familial match? Or am I bat crazy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back