NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right! I read that and it was so eerily similar...and 2 of the 3 murders in Plainsboro were there.
Per the article though , the person charged is alleging another person did it...that person passed away in 2011.
The similarities though...very strange I have to say.
And yes, I do wonder, the person had to contact her in some way, how do they not have those messages/records. I realize there is not always a trail...but typically there is (ie Kenzie Lueck), maybe with feds involved they can access that technology. (They may also just be holding the info they have close to their chest)
And yes I realize that probably won’t convince them. Plainsboro is a very nice area, a lot of professionals and students, this is definitely not something that happens regularly.
I am not sure if students from live in that complex during the school year, but I imagine if they were to see the news about the complex and the super not putting cameras in they could be dissuaded from renting there. Super maybe should maybe consider that...I try to be optimistic but I realize it’s all about the money.

That’s what I don’t get. LE should have all her phone records and text messages by now. Also, you would think she would have told someone at work, a friend, someone she ate lunch with why she was going home. The whole situation is so odd.

Just baffling why they can’t find out who it was that drew her home. The person had to make contact with her somehow.

Never heard it mentioned, but is it possible a message came into her office somehow and then maybe a coworker delivered to her verbally?
And how did this person have access to her apartment and yet was never seen? Is there some other way into these apartments, like ac vents or overhead crawl space? I’m reaching I know. But, I’m so torn on a theory here.

There is a balcony but no sign of forced entry. Her apartment is on the second floor.

That’s what I thought. It’s almost like this person was Santa Claus and came through the roof somehow. Definitely a mystery. For me at least.

It is possible that people did not see the killer leave. Her apartment was on the second floor in the back of the building and the breezeways are open to the back. So, when he left her apartment, he walked down the stairs and could have walked behind her apartment. That means the people in the front of the building who face the parking would not have seen him leave.

It is possible that people did not see the killer leave. Her apartment was on the second floor in the back of the building and the breezeways are open to the back. So, when he left her apartment, he walked down the stairs and could have walked behind her apartment. That means the people in the front of the building who face the parking would not have seen him leave.
Ah. Understood. I was counting on neighbors to notice another person as well as her, but she would have approached from the parking area.

You think when it's stated she was drawn home for some reason, it doesn't necessarily mean a person contacted her to go home at lunchtime? Maybe she remembered something or forgot something or needed to take care of something at home and actually did interrupt an intruder? A neighbor or maintenance person who was snooping/attempting theft in her place perhaps? That would explain lack of digital or phone contact.

I also thought that maybe she forgot something at home, didn’t tell anyone and was making a quick trip home. She could have interrupted an intruder or possibly someone saw her pull into the parking lot and then knocked on her door and she let the person in.

I have to wonder why "federal" authorities are involved in this case. Back in the day we would on occasion use the FBI laboratory to process some evidence that we did not have the capabilities to handle, but they didn't normally get involved in a local homicide. Makes me think something was discovered during the investigation that warrants their involvement.

I have to wonder why "federal" authorities are involved in this case. Back in the day we would on occasion use the FBI laboratory to process some evidence that we did not have the capabilities to handle, but they didn't normally get involved in a local homicide. Makes me think something was discovered during the investigation that warrants their involvement.
Probably to expand the capabilities, allowing local LE to use all available investigative and forensic techniques, maybe more manpower, etc.

Or, maybe there is a need to branch out farther from the immediate area. This part of NJ is close to PA and accessible to NY by a very close NJ Transit train station. I'm hopeful that there is some evidence leading LE closer to solving this case.

Just checking in, always hoping for news, none still, sigh.

I wonder if she has ever called LE for any problems like theft, an ex stalking, etc. I wonder as well if she ever went to management with any issues.

The first case I followed, the FBI came in and at the time I wondered why, as I was still of the belief something had to cross state lines and be known to have done so and other various reasons for them to be allowed to come in. Since then though, without fail, in almost every case I have followed, bar maybe one or two, they are brought in. It seems to have changed from how I thought it worked and they can assist if asked and it seems most avail themselves of the assistance. Maybe it has always been that way, but I don't think so.

Jmo.

Yes, very strange how even the way this poor girl was killed is not being said.
I would think she would have mentioned to colleague why she was going home at lunch time. I don't understand why they couldn't figure it with phone records by now/texts. Was her cell phone found with her? It said her belongings were there.
Maybe it was actually a woman and she blended in coming and going from her apartment area.. I just don't know....

So, I just took a walk with my dog over to Carolyn’s building and this time I walked behind her building. As mentioned previously, there is another building behind her building, but what I didn’t realize was there is also another parking lot back there. ( It’s not directly behind her building but sort of angled towards the back of her building) So, it’s possible that the person who killed Carolyn walked behind her building and could have parked in that parking lot if he left by car. That would explain why her neighbors saw her pull into the parking lot but never saw anyone else leave. Also, there is a dog with a very loud bark that lives in the apartment below Carolyn. I don’t know if the person/persons who live in that apartment were home at the time she was murdered, but I bet that dog was barking when she was killed.

Nothing has been confirmed or ruled out. Not even cause of death has been released. It's possible for sure, but then she didn't mention a word to anyone about it when she left to go home for lunch? And still, neighbors saw her coming home for lunch but did not see anyone else? If she was attacked as she entered her apartment, someone was either already in there or right behind her. This only works, in my wild imagination, for "the invisible man."

I seldom told anyone my plans for lunch when I worked in an office...and usually did my grocery shopping, library run, anything to avoid stops on way home. There is no reason really that she would have mentioned if she was running home for an hour, imo.

So, I just took a walk with my dog over to Carolyn’s building and this time I walked behind her building. As mentioned previously, there is another building behind her building, but what I didn’t realize was there is also another parking lot back there. ( It’s not directly behind her building but sort of angled towards the back of her building) So, it’s possible that the person who killed Carolyn walked behind her building and could have parked in that parking lot if he left by car. That would explain why her neighbors saw her pull into the parking lot but never saw anyone else leave. Also, there is a dog with a very loud bark that lives in the apartment below Carolyn. I don’t know if the person/persons who live in that apartment were home at the time she was murdered, but I bet that dog was barking when she was killed.

That is interesting. When I looked at a map of the apartments, I noted several parking lots and several buildings but at the time I looked at it I could not have told you how Carolyn's was oriented, where, which parking lot(s), etc. were near hers nor how close I don't think.

The barking dog is interesting as well--I would almost think this would be the person or people who thought they heard furniture moving--to me that almost had to be below her, most likely anyhow. One would almost think the perp would have heard the dog and perhaps panicked and that if anyone was home below, the dog barking would have alerted them to perhaps look out a window, etc. Just speculation of course.

Thanks for the info--and continue to stay safe.

That is interesting. When I looked at a map of the apartments, I noted several parking lots and several buildings but at the time I looked at it I could not have told you how Carolyn's was oriented, where, which parking lot(s), etc. were near hers nor how close I don't think.

The barking dog is interesting as well--I would almost think this would be the person or people who thought they heard furniture moving--to me that almost had to be below her, most likely anyhow. One would almost think the perp would have heard the dog and perhaps panicked and that if anyone was home below, the dog barking would have alerted them to perhaps look out a window, etc. Just speculation of course.

Thanks for the info--and continue to stay safe.
I agree. It’s either the the person with the dog who lives below her or the person who lives next to her who heard the furniture moving.

I seldom told anyone my plans for lunch when I worked in an office...and usually did my grocery shopping, library run, anything to avoid stops on way home. There is no reason really that she would have mentioned if she was running home for an hour, imo.
You’re probably correct. I only suspected that since she rarely went home for lunch, she might have mentioned it to someone as she left her office. Just a thought.

Just took a walk with my dog over to Carolyn’s building and as we were passing by her building a worker from Ring Video Doorbell pulled up and went to her neighbor’s apartment. If only they had that installed before Carolyn was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo