The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Eugenie just shared the cutest never-before-seen holiday photo

Adorable!

Princess Eugenie loves to share sweet throwback photos with her one million Instagram followers each Thursday, but she may have outdone herself with her latest post!
The 29-year-old shared an adorable photo taken during a family holiday when she was a youngster, and it’s too cute for words.

princess-eugenie-throwback-holiday-photo-z.jpg
Princess Eugenie just shared the cutest never-before-seen holiday photo

Charles Spencer reflects on special tribute to Princess Diana
Earl Spencer threw a special concert in his sister’s memory

Earl Spencer reflected on the "fabulous" memorial concert that he hosted following Princess Diana’s death in a tweet on Thursday.
Charles hosted the Diana, Princess of Wales Tribute Concert at the family home, Althorp House on 27 June 1998 – a few days before what would have been the Princess’ 37th birthday – and shared a photo of his ticket on Twitter in honour of the 21st anniversary

charles-spencer-tribute-concert-z.jpg

"Hard to believe that we put this concert on at @AlthorpHouse for Diana’s Memorial Fund all of 21 years ago – a fabulous day and evening, with artists coming from all over the world to perform, completed by a set from @duranduran," Charles wrote.

diana-princess-of-wales-tribute-concert-z.jpg

The tribute concert was held at Althorp House on 27 June 1998
Princess Diana’s family home will soon welcome visitors once again throughout July and August, as a special exhibition opens. Animals of Althorp will allow visitors to the Althorp Estate to learn more about the Spencer family home and their love of animals.
Charles Spencer reflects on special tribute to Princess Diana

Questions about Daily Mail: I'm only familiar with DM online (mostly links I read here), but is there a hard copy of DM available? Newsstands? Home delivery? How widespread is DM readership? Is DM a reliable source of "news", or is it primarily for entertainment purposes?

The main advantage of the DM is the amount of photos they get! They have a huge staff of reporters and photographers and often get the scoop well before others, they also have the lack of scruples and the cash to pay people to talk. I'd say they're more ballsy than say the BBC/ITV, and will happily print things that aren't quite official yet. Often those things turn out to be correct, sometimes they don't.

Immoral? YES
Handy for sleuths? ALSO YES

Some ramblings by me:

William is Diana through and through.
Harry, I think, has Spencer colouring and similarities to Philip.
Charlotte looks like the Queen does now, same face shape
Both Kate and Meghan look VERY like their mums, Meghan even more so recently
Beatrice and Eugenie take after their mum and dad, respectively
Prince Andrew looks like none of them. Rumours still abound about that one.
And god knows where Charles got his ears - nobody else has a pair quite like it!
Oh? I hadn’t heard this before.

But that's just it ^ o_O
By 'introducing' them to the public on the steps, that was enough!

I guess it's more about their actions & attitude towards the public as in a symbolic way rather than any real desperate desire to see a close-up of any of the babies.
Even I have to say this time they've brought this on themselves I'm afraid :confused:

After the whole big deal with secrecy before, at the time & ever since with Archie, it's basically p*$$ed off a lot of people, it's kinda comes across like they pick & choose when they want to be either part of the 'Royal family' & treat as such, or not, by demanding privacy or not sharing details which unfortunately is part of the whole royalty thing as they are both fully aware.

But the timing of this release is honestly just stupidity :rolleyes:

They must be aware of all the questioning of the pics (or lack of) Archie then to add an even bigger insult they announce this within literally hours of the annual figures of taxpayers money spent/paid to the Royal family being released ...
0NtcL.gif

Good grief this is touchy subject at the best of times here in the UK they absolutely know that!

With this year, as we've been discussing, it has substantially increased, so then to top it off nicely the amount of that which has been spent on their own home possibly being the biggest headline of all! I mean really...???

Honestly, I'm one of the first to point out whatever I find unfair ( ;) = downright BS ) when it comes to media treatment of any of the Royal family but this...

Nope - I have no sypathathy :( sadly

What am I missing?

(Runs away quite quickly and hides)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads