GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

Maybe now we’ll see some charges upgraded and possibly new ones filed...

4-year-old Maleah Davis' death ruled a homicide: Coroner
On Friday, the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences released Maleah's cause and manner of death, which was ruled a homicide.

4-year-old Maleah Davis' death ruled a homicide: Coroner
Wow! That is great news!

Case Status
Case # ML19-1799

Cause of Death Pending - No <-- This is AWESOME!!
Manner of Death - Homicide
Primary Cause of Death - Homicidal violence

Maleah Davis Death No Accident, HPD Chief Says

Houston Police Chief Acevedo: "Do not confuse not having an update with the case not proceeding," he said. "We are proceeding this case to every path it needs to go, we are leaving no stone unturned, and the end of the day, our hope and prayer is that we will charge the person or persons responsible for her death with the appropriate charges."

BBM

Maleah Davis died by 'homicidal violence,' medical examiner says
From the link: "Our team remains hard at work and is proceeding methodically and thoroughly," said Dane Schiller, spokesman of the Harris County District Attorney's Office. "We will present all the evidence to a grand jury to determine which criminal charges are warranted...."
The defendant's lawyer:
Vence's attorney, Dorian Cotlar, declined to comment regarding the cause of death.

Thank goodness. She was on my mind today. Now hopefully we can get the show on the road for everyone who is complicit.

Unfortunately, if this goes to trial, I think BB could escape any charges in return for her testimony against DV. It seems to have happened with the mother in little Sherrin Mathews case, where the father was found guilty of killing her and the mother walked away scott free. I hope LE have enough to charge DV with murder without BB's testimony so that she suffers some responsibility.

Cause of death determined in Maleah Davis case

Four-year-old Maleah Davis died as a result of homicidal violence, according to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

It remains to be seen whether the finding will raise new criminal charges against Derion Vence, who remains in custody on a charge of tampering with evidence, related to the girl's disappearance.

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Maleah Davis Died From 'Homicidal Violence'

HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Medical examiners in Harris County have ruled that 4-year-old Maleah Davis died from “homicidal violence” after her remains were found last month in Arkansas.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences on Friday also ruled her manner of death as a “homicide.”

Maleah Davis died of homicidal violence, according to medical examiner's office

HOUSTON — Maleah Davis died of homicidal violence, the medical examiner's office confirmed Friday.

KHOU 11 is checking court records and at this time we can confirm Derion Vence is still in jail and his charges have not been upgraded.

During a press conference, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said investigators are still interviewing doctors, witnesses and other experts to find out what exactly happened to Maleah.

"Everyone is working full speed ahead with no stone unturned to bring justice to Maleah,” Chief Acevedo said.

KHOU Legal Analyst Gerald Treece said he thinks the district attorney's office is handling the case correctly and he believes there will be an indictment for murder.
The District Attorney's Office emailed a statement saying, "Our investigation continues. All evidence will ultimately be presented to a grand jury to determine what charges are appropriate."

It's good to see some forward movement in Maleah's case. It's been disheartening to have so much time pass with no new info. I know other cases drag on for much longer but I've watched this one from the start and as we all know Maleah tugged at all of our heartstrings in such a big way.

Thank goodness little Maleah's body was able to help tell her story. No child should have endured the abuse, neglect and pure torture she did. She's not hurting any longer at least.

HPD is doing a thorough investigation and I have no doubt they will charge all/any persons responsible.

Janelle Bludau‏Verified account @JanelleKHOU
Speaking to us from out of state, Activist Quanell X says he never believed #MaleahDavis's death was an accident. Today, it's been ruled a homicide by homicidal violence. My heart breaks for that poor little girl. @KHOU

Audio file at tweet link.

/>
0:14

2:53 PM - 28 Jun 2019 pst
And we never believed it was an accident either!
So glad they were able to determine Maleah's death was a homicide.
My guess is that she had some fractures or broken bones.
Hoping for justice soon. Imo

JUN 29, 2019
Maleah Davis: More charges on the way in connection with little girl’s death, police say
Texas authorities said more charges are expected in connection with the death of 4-year-old Houston girl, Maleah Thomas, but they’re urging the public to be patient as the investigation continues.

“You look at social media. They want people arrested; they don’t understand that that’s not the way investigations go,” Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said. “Justice sometimes is a marathon but we’re well into this marathon. We should have an update within the next few weeks.”

[...]

“The M.E. has ruled that the [cause of death] was homicidal violence, but the report is not done,” Acevedo said during a Friday press conference, according to Patch. “In terms of the final M.E.’s report, we’re still waiting for that.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back