Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they wouldn't reveal if he was working with LE. But, I haven't seen any info on how they knew he was at those condos. And that take down was major and well planned.
Maybe I watch too much Dallas Swat.

They wouldn’t have needed someone to work with them on this.

The second he walked out of that police station, he would have had a tail.

They would absolutely want to sit down with that man, because he could have important information.

“What did you two talk about?”

*Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
We don't even know if the plan was for Kenzie to meet him at the park and then go back to his house. I have always maintained that it's more probable then plan was to grab a quick bite after her flight and that he would take her home.

If she had never been to his house, he could have said I'll meet you at the park (so as not to wake my roommates up or AirBnB renters or something to that effect) and we can decide where to go from there. The only problem with this theory I have had is still why not meet at a gas station or somewhere more public. He could have said I live around on the corner from the park and there are highway ramp closures so it's just easier to meet at the park and we can go from there. Regardless she might have had a false sense of security, not even planning to go to his house, and surely it must be safe to go out to eat. This would make more sense in her agreeing to meet him if her only contact thus far had been online for a duration of time and already feeling more comfortable with him. Then, of course, he would have subdued her in the car within that short 1 minute time frame of the phone going dark. I suppose it is possible that he made the meeting at the park sound not strange or fishy at all and had some logical explanation for meeting there.

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this previously or not.

I was surprised to find that on June 10, just a week before ML’s incident, Dateline aired an episode about another U of Utah student who ended up murdered.

Difference in cases: In the Dateline case the young college student had tried desperately to alert police (campus and city) that she was in a dangerous situation.

Similarity in cases:
- both young college students were duped by men who portrayed themselves to be someone other than the monster they really were

What struck me was we have a case of one young woman being very aware of a personal threat and trying to take precautions...then ML’s case, where it seems she was not aware of a future personal threat, and not taking proper precautions...but both cases had the same disastrous outcome. Very sad. :(

The Dateline episode is entitled She Did Everything Right (6/10/19) for anyone who is interested.

Yes - Lauren's case is also on WS.

Her family just held a PC on Thursday -- shortly after presser for ML.

Thanks for posting - I did not see these! Beautiful pictures. Looks like it may have been a flip - very nicely done. These pictures are a stark contrast to the posts on AirBnb. I still cannot understand how he qualified to purchase a home when he had a recent eviction. IMO!

Interesting, he used one of the front room realtor pictures for the AirBnB ad.

https://www.movoto.com/salt-lake-ci...KfppFbZhP5twe0-vBW2VMApPLQmGCYH0#popphotoview

And I agree. The airBnB photos of the basement rental rooms look really dismal compared to the realtor photos.

I wonder where he was going to put the soundproof room.

L
they have her tissue at the house, along with charred remains of her belongings
why would they need to prove how she got there???

Actually, I think they have the evidence to show how she got there. They have everything to prove that she took a Lyft ride from the airport to the park. They have evidence that her phone and AS’s were at the park together, right after she arrived at the park. They have the text/chat app communications between them. And they have the remains of her possessions and her body, in his back yard. And that’s just what we’ve heard about. I’d be willing to bet there’s much more.

What is the point of them releasing the footage of her getting into the Lyft? The lighting inside of the airport is going to be much better and they are probably protecting the identity of the Lyft driver from all of the crazy internet detectives.

Usually police release the last known photo of a victim. In this case, that should be at the exit door of the airport. Going from memory, I think the last photo is earlier when she's collecting her luggage. That's the only reason I asked the question. Maybe the photo collecting luggage is the better photo - who knows.

That is something that I would love to know myself- where did he get the money for that home, when he couldn't pay the rent at his old place?
Probably could pay it, but chose not to. Apparently it is not uncommon, when someone has closed on a house purchase and has an approved mortgage, for them to just stop paying their rent....

We all know this. May I ask, what is your point in asking this same question over and over again?

LE is NOT GOING TO SHOW THE LYFT DRIVER AND HIS VEHICLE. They don't have to right now, due to they have their suspect and details and evidence. This man's life could be in danger now- he's being heckled all over social media because he didn't prevent this monster from killing Kenzie, like he had some insight into it happening.

There is video. We do not need to see it!
Thanks, Steelslady. I’m having a VERY hard time understanding why some people are so caught up on why we haven’t seen her get in the Lyft. WHY is it an issue? LE has seen it, they have the murderer and they have what they need to prove it. WE don’t need to see it.

They would absolutely want to sit down with that man at the police station, because he could have important information.

BBM

oh, to be a fly on that wall....

JMO

They would absolutely want to sit down with that man at the police station, because he could have important information.

Are you saying they had interviewed AA before? If so, I didn't know that. I knew he was a POI so of course that would make sense.

Are you saying they had interviewed AA before? If so, I didn't know that. I knew he was a POI so of course that would make sense.

Yes. He lied about knowing Kenzie, and denied meeting with her.

They found information on his phone that proved he was being deceitful.

He even had photos of her.

At some point, they cut him loose.

From the Salt Lake Tribune:

In a police interview with Ajayi, Brown said, the suspect asserted he texted Lueck about 6 p.m. June 16, but had no further contact with her. He said he didn’t know what Lueck looked like and said he hadn’t seen her photos or online profile, Brown said, but he had several photos of her, including an image from an online profile. Brown did not disclose which website the profile was on.

That is something that I would love to know myself- where did he get the money for that home, when he couldn't pay the rent at his old place?

It's shady to me and my husband feels the same (I have him hooked now). There is a possibility it was a private sale between previous owner and buyer - but how? This would require documentation. Deed transfers, etc. Who was the previous owner?

I do not have access to Utah's MLS system. It is possible there was a special program for which AA qualified. But in the end - IMO - something is off. Especially since AA (apparently) almost immediately listed on an AirBnB.

Can someone find his booking info? I put his name into the inmate booking tool by first and last name but nothing coming up. Has is been hidden from public view?
Someone probably already answered this.

On the page at the link below, enter "ayoola" in the first name and "ajayi" in the last name. It will come up with one name as the result. Click that to see full info. There is no direct link to an individual inmate's booking info.

Inmate Lookup Tool

Thanks, Steelslady. I’m having a VERY hard time understanding why some people are so caught up on why we haven’t seen her get in the Lyft. WHY is it an issue? LE has seen it, they have the murderer and they have what they need to prove it. WE don’t need to see it.
Maybe that person is used to Fla cases, where you get to see practically all the evidence every week, until the case goes to court., thanks to their Sunshine Laws..... Other states restrict the evidence from public view until such time as it is used in court, releasing snippets of information if they deem it to be helpful to their gathering of evidence.

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this previously or not.

I was surprised to find that on June 10, just a week before ML’s incident, Dateline aired an episode about another U of Utah student who ended up murdered.

Difference in cases: In the Dateline case the young college student had tried desperately to alert police (campus and city) that she was in a dangerous situation.

Similarity in cases:
- both young college students were duped by men who portrayed themselves to be someone other than the monster they really were

What struck me was we have a case of one young woman being very aware of a personal threat and trying to take precautions...then ML’s case, where it seems she was not aware of a future personal threat, and not taking proper precautions...but both cases had the same disastrous outcome. Very sad. :(

The Dateline episode is entitled She Did Everything Right (6/10/19) for anyone who is interested.

ETA: We don’t yet know what ways AA might have misrepresented himself to ML, but in this Dateline case, the “boyfriend” lied about his real name/identity, and he had a criminal history.
Man who killed Utah student Lauren McCluskey had been investigated for burglary in Salt Lake City
Wow- I did not see this! Thank you for posting this. I do recall slightly Lauren McClusky. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Interesting, he used one of the front room realtor pictures for the AirBnB ad.

547 N 1000 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 MLS# 1498216 - Movoto.com

And I agree. The airBnB photos of the basement rental rooms look really dismal compared to the realtor photos.

I wonder where he was going to put the soundproof room.
BBM - I think the soundproof room was allocated to the basement, per the contractor who declined the job. Also, I think I read that there was an outside entrance to the basement. I could be wrong - I am reading much a lightening speed sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member