Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree -- also, do we know for a fact she shut her phone off? Isn't it possible it just died?
Or, as somebody suggested, the bag was a type that blocked signals (I forget the word they used). Kenzie's bag is pictured in the airport photos.... anybody good with looking up such things on shopping sites? To see if a similar looking one has that blocking?

MOO

Does anyone have copies of the Air BnB photos of AA's house? Because the listing has been taken down now and I wanted to re-examine one of the pictures. I seem recall one of the walls looked weird, like it had been worked on and was in need of repainting. What if that's where the secret room was supposed to be built? I do also remember one of the reviewers (the long semi-negative review) mentioned a second room having a dirt floor as one of the negatives of his/her stay.

It’s weird, because it would make far more logical sense for him to have initially attacked her in his house.

Here’s the issue:

He had her meet at that parking lot so the trail would go cold.

Her phone had to be off in order for the deception to be completed.

That happened.

I don’t buy that he said “please turn your phone of,” or that she did it for some other reason.

It was 3:00 a.m., and it’s not like they would be interrupted.

I just don’t don’t see that happening. That’s why I think the illogical occurred, and the attack began in that car.

At the very least, she knew she was in trouble then.

A gun would do that. Restraints would do that.

It’s not like a neighbor would have spotted him bringing an unwilling victim into his house, considering the time of night.
I do see your point, @MassGuy.

And I understand a lot of people believe he intended to commit murder even before he left to meet her in the park that night. But I’m not convinced that’s the case.

LE indicates his phone was in the park within a minute of hers. If he wanted the trail to go cold why would he have his phone turned on at all?

I think he certainly had plans for her. Things she refused to do or have done to her. And we’ve heard from his acquaintances that he’s volatile.

To go from the airport to the park meant he had something at that moment that she wanted. Badly. More than sleep. More than her kitty. Maybe it was money. Maybe compassion. Maybe something else. I would not be surprised to find they’d met there before.

The fact that she allowed the Lyft to depart meant she probably intended to willingly leave the park with him — either to stay with him at his house and/or, sooner or later, for him to take her home.

At some point, too late, she realized what she had gotten herself into...

We’ll learn more in the days and weeks to come, no doubt. Because you’re right. Most of what he did was illogical...

ETA: This is all MOO...

I don’t understand why people can’t just consider the most likely scenario: she met up with him with the intention of going to his house.
She got in his car. They went to his house.

Why does there have to be all this nefarious activity and an accomplice?

She was willing to meet up with him at 3 am. Seems reasonable to think she’d be willing to turn her phone off if he asked her to.

People want to think that she was somehow coerced into meeting him that night, but is that really logical? She had been in CA. If she really didn’t want to meet up with him, she easily could have avoided telling him when she was going to return. She could have also had the Lyft driver take her to her house.

As much of a monster as this guy is, I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider that Kenzie had been communicating with him, liked him, and wanted to go to his house that night. Maybe she had no idea how much he liked sex. Or, maybe she liked sex, too? (GASP!)
Great points. If something nefarious didn't happen right away, I do wonder about her agreeing to turn off the phone. I actually can't imagine the reasoning he'd give to make such a request.

I can answer that. The last photo we have is collecting luggage, not leaving the building. Some have discussed what she was wearing when she left the airport and suggested that she was dressed like that when she met the suspect. I'm wondering whether she quickly changed into something different.

That's something that I'm curious about, but I understand that most don't care - so let's forget about it. We'll find out at trial.
I dont think It would matter what she was wearing she was cute and adorable even if she wore a potato sack <modsnip - crude and unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, as somebody suggested, the bag was a type that blocked signals (I forget the word they used). Kenzie's bag is pictured in the airport photos.... anybody good with looking up such things on shopping sites? To see if a similar looking one has that blocking?

MOO
it's called a Faraday Cage and it's to secure credit cards.

"RFID blocking wallets block RFID signals using electromagnetic enclosure technology called a Faraday cage. This technology is said to make credit cards electromagnetically opaque by distributing electrostatic charges or radiation around the cage’s exterior, thus protecting its contents from electric charges."

RFID Blocking Wallets: Are They Necessary? - Loss Prevention Media

I don’t understand why people can’t just consider the most likely scenario: she met up with him with the intention of going to his house.
She got in his car. They went to his house.

Why does there have to be all this nefarious activity and an accomplice?

She was willing to meet up with him at 3 am. Seems reasonable to think she’d be willing to turn her phone off if he asked her to.

People want to think that she was somehow coerced into meeting him that night, but is that really logical? She had been in CA. If she really didn’t want to meet up with him, she easily could have avoided telling him when she was going to return. She could have also had the Lyft driver take her to her house.

As much of a monster as this guy is, I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider that Kenzie had been communicating with him, liked him, and wanted to go to his house that night. Maybe she had no idea how much he liked sex. Or, maybe she liked sex, too? (GASP!)

Finally, a comment I can agree with. It's very common for college kids to be up and about late at night. She might have been wired from the long flight. I thought that it was probably a 3 am booty call. I haven't commented tho because there's been a lot of people painting things as victim bashing when it's not.

I've been to college. It's not the real world. Its a time to have fun and grow before you have to become a real adult. She just trusted the wrong person. I feel so bad for her family and for her.

Hmm. Maybe, but after a long day of travel without much access to power sources and a girl who seems to be attached to her phone, still very possible.

I still think that it’s very likely that she turned her phone off voluntarily. She’s running around the airport, collecting her luggage. She arranged the Lyft. She texts AA. I’m sure she wants to stay in communication with AA, in case there’s some last minute glitch like a flat tire on the Lyft.

So, as soon as she gets in the car with AA, she’s safe, (she thinks), no need for her to have the phone on—and she’s not going to be getting any calls at 3:00 am, anyway. So, she turns it off to save the charge, in case she needs it later. I think that that is a simple, plausible, no-coincidences involved explanation for the timing of the phone being shut off.

Not the only explanation, but I think that there’s a solid chance that it’s correct.

all this MOO

The great majority of murderers dispose of their victims in places that are familiar to them.

Indeed. Which is why I took a screenshot of his fb photos, the mountain pics, etc, just in case it turned out Kenzie wasn’t on his property and it was only her belongings he burned.

I will delete all his pics now. Barf.

Last edited:
I do see your point, @MassGuy.

And I understand a lot of people believe he intended to commit murder even before he left to meet her in the park that night. But I’m not convinced that’s the case.

LE indicates his phone was in the park within a minute of hers. If he wanted the trail to go cold why would he have his phone turned on at all?

I think he certainly had plans for her. Things she refused to do or have done to her. And we’ve heard from his acquaintances that he’s volatile.

To go from the airport to the park meant he had something at that moment that she wanted. Badly. More than sleep. More than her kitty. Maybe it was money. Maybe compassion. Maybe something else. I would not be surprised to find they’d met there before.

The fact that she allowed the Lyft to depart meant she probably intended to willingly leave the park with him — either to stay with him at his house and/or, sooner or later, for him to take her home.

At some point, too late, she realized what she had gotten herself into...

We’ll learn more in the days and weeks to come, no doubt. Because you’re right. Most of what he did was illogical...

ETA: This is all MOO...
BBM. Agree.

Also, for reasons we may never know, she trusted him. And she likely texted him multiple times during her Lyft ride to the park "on my way"... "just pulling in"... etc.

JMO

I believe he dismembered her (prior to death) given what he requested the contractor to do. I hope that she did not suffer. I hope to learn that it was quick. However, I believe this individual was sick and enjoyed harming women, as a fantasy.

No. ML has been pictured in news sources to be in SB/SD groups, Seeking Arrangement, and on Tinder discussing her relationships. I don’t feel comfortable speculating that she was using drugs.

I bet LE made AA undress to look for recent cuts or scratches on his body. I suppose if there is he would blame it on yard work. It was alot of hard work two days of manning that bonfire. LE took rakes, shovel and pitchforks when they searched his house.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

Slightly off topic but as an Australian I find it fascinating that anyone can purchase this type of information about another person. Or the fact anyone could look up who lived at the address once it was named by LE.

Is this how it works? You can just look up any street address and find who owns the residence?

None of this is public knowledge in Australia and it blows my mind!

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think that it’s very likely that she turned her phone off voluntarily. She’s running around the airport, collecting her luggage. She arranged the Lyft. She texts AA. I’m sure she wants to stay in communication with AA, in case there’s some last minute glitch like a flat tire on the Lyft.

So, as soon as she gets in the car with AA, she’s safe, (she thinks), no need for her to have the phone on—and she’s not going to be getting any calls at 3:00 am, anyway. So, she turns it off to save the charge, in case she needs it later. I think that that is a simple, plausible, no-coincidences involved explanation for the timing of the phone being shut off.

Not the only explanation, but I think that there’s a solid chance that it’s correct.

all this MOO

Most people have chargers in their car, or at least in their home. I don't think it's very common for people my age to turn our phones off even if we want to conserve battery.

I really don't believe it was a coincidence her phone shut off at 3 AM; he intentionally met her at Hatch Park because he didn't want the Lyft driver to have his address or the cameras at the SLC airport to pick up on his plates. He was too stupid to think of shutting his own phone off, luckily, but I think he knew she'd be traceable from her phone, especially considering how many young women are now using Find my Friends or similar apps. Whether she was overpowered or there was some prior agreement with him to shut her phone off, I'm not sure, but I don't believe she shut it off just coincidentally.

I still think what he did was out of a panic and thought oh no I killed someone. I need to cover this fast. How do I do it?

The issue with that is their meeting point, coupled with Kenzie’s phone being shut off.

He didn’t pick her up at the airport, likely because he didn’t want his car spotted.

She didn’t take the Lyft to his house, likely because he didn’t want the Lyft record to reflect that.

Her phone went dead immediately after getting in his car, likely because he didn’t want anyone to be able to trace Kenzie’s movements.

That wreaks of premeditation, and not panic.

Ex roommate said AA has anger issues:

As a roommate, Ajayi also “tends to have some anger issues,” Moore said. He would suddenly become “irate and disruptive” over small matters, Moore said, like disagreements over how furniture was arranged or the heat level used in cooking.

“He doesn't like to be told anything other than his way,” Moore said. “He snaps or loses his temper, [then] he comes back to his sweet self.”

Moore said he moved out because the tension was too persistent.

“I was nervous," he said, “because the polarity in his emotions [was] just switching very quickly.
Police arrest Ayoola Ajayi and seek aggravated murder charges in the death of MacKenzie Lueck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie