Found Deceased OR - Richard Hillmann, 61, Merlin, 22 November 2017

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
Richard Hillmann went missing when he was 60 years old (now 61) in Merlin, Oregon.

'Last seen leaving in his vehicle from a friends house in the 700 block of Pleasant Valley Road on Wednesday, November 22nd. His phone has been turned off and he has since missed a scheduled doctor's appointment. He has not been seen by neighbours and according to friends, his home was left as if he intended to return.'

NamUs:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41686/0/WI

Vehicle information:

Toyota SR5, 1997, Dark Green, VWT361

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41686/0/

Press release - https://www.co.josephine.or.us/News.asp?NewsID=422

The vanished podcast provides us with further information:

'Disappeared after leaving a Freindsgiving party in Merlin... Richard had plans to cook Thanksgiving dinner for some friends the following day, but by then Richard was missing.'

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2018/2/10/episode-112-richard-hillmann-

Josephine County Sheriff's department - 541-474-5123

Private investigator tip line - 541-414-6685

Official facebook group - The Search for Richard Hillmann

* link removed*

Attachments

• poster.pdf
    58.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Hillmann+Missing+17001788+-+Copy.jpg
    Hillmann+Missing+17001788+-+Copy.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 22
Oh my! This is disturbing. I'm thinking an accident while driving.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

There is a UI on Namus who had a wide range of age. 30-60. This body was found in December around Grants Pass which is apparently 8 miles from Merlin. The weight is off, but quite interesting.

Listening to the vanished podcast (linked in original post) the daughter Lori states that her Dad (Richard) was at the friendsgiving and another female who had been there and later spoken to Lori told her that there had been stuffing laced with pot which could have led to some sort of health incident, but he was seen leaving the property in his car... It just doesn't add up. If he had an accident while driving home surely his vehicle would have been spotted by now? He only lived a short distance from Mike (who was hosting the friendsgiving).

Also something which could be of importance, Mike (Richards close friend) was living with a woman named Kelly, Kelly has stated she does no longer want to be spoken to by the private investigator and she doesn't want her property searched without a search warrant (which there is no probable cause for one).

Again, all this information is provided by the daughter in the vanished podcast.

We have seen so many things here, I never say never. Lol. It sounds suspicious IMO but, he could just as easily gone off the road IF alcohol and drugs were involved. Always so many "ifs".
Does sound shady though!!

Also, from The Vanished podcast episode on his disappearance, a woman spotted a truck similar to Richard's parked on the side of a road. She said that it looked as if it had been there for awhile. Then, when she became aware of RH's disappearance, she decided to go back to look for the truck. By that time, the truck was no longer there.

I do not believe RH went missing as a result of an accident while driving. This sounds very fishy to me. Also, the part about those two who knew RH, in the bar cashing $100 bills. One of the two had been released recently after serving time in prison. She was supposed to move in, temporarily, with RH. That did not work out. Notable, too, is that I don't believe she was invited to attend RH's Thanksgiving dinner that RH had planned to host for his friends. He disappeared the day before his Thanksgiving dinner was planned.

If his truck was sold to a "chop shop", it would not be traceable, I don't think. I doubt these parts places have been checked, though, by LE. After all, they are classifying him as having gone missing of his own accord. I do not believe that for one minute, based on what his daughter discussed in the podcast.

There is a UI on Namus who had a wide range of age. 30-60. This body was found in December around Grants Pass which is apparently 8 miles from Merlin. The weight is off, but quite interesting.

Have they determined who the deceased individual is yet?

Police suspect foul play in Oregon man's disappearance right before Thanksgiving 2017

MERLIN, Ore. - Oregon State Police investigators believe an Oregon man who disappeared after leaving a party almost a year ago is the victim of foul play.And they think someone who knew the man - who had "few close associates" - was involved.

And they think someone who knew the man - who had "few close associates" - was involved.

Richard Hillmann was last seen at a party November 22, 2017, in the Pleasant Valley area of Merlin in Josephine County, Oregon, Oregon State Police says.

He was seen leaving the party between 8 and 9 p.m. in his green 1997 Toyota SR5 pickup truck with Oregon license plate VWT 361.

Police suspect foul play in Oregon man's disappearance right before Thanksgiving 2017

Missing man's family continues their search one year later

46435958_10160878866945062_69592398774140928_n.jpg

Mr. Hillmann's daughter posted recently on SM, that her fathers truck (license plate confirmed) was found partially submerged in a river, with remains in the drivers seat, still in the seat belt. Sounds like LE is still processing the scene.

If this is all accurate, it appears this poor guy may have drove off the road (medical emergency, bad road conditions, deer crossing, etc. ?).

Last edited:
Truck of missing man found with body inside
The Josephine County Sheriff's Office called in the report to Oregon State Police to investigate Wednesday afternoon after the discovery was made near the Argo Boat Ramp near Galice.

"We confirmed that is was Richard Hillmann's truck. There is a body in the truck but we're not saying it is Richard because we have no confirmation yet," OSP Sgt. Jeff Proulx said.

This appears not to be close to his home, like I assumed. Definitely more questions. I am happy to hear LE is not automatically taking foul play off the table just yet, he's also not been positively identified. Although the likelihood of it being him is very high.

The family said he was not one to drive after dark that often.

Truck of missing man found with body inside

What was the cause of death? Surely they have had enough time to figure it out. When you look at the condition of the truck (second image in the article), it is clear that it sustained a lot of damage. How did the truck wind up in the Rogue River? I don't think that the driver put it there. (IMO)

Oh no. RIP Mr. Hillman. Foul play or accident? COD? This case was fishy from the start. Just listened to his episode on the podcast “The Vanished.”

Yes, I do believe foul play is involved. But, one of those cases that will be hard to prove. My heart goes out to his daughter (and son-in-law) who moved heaven and earth to find out what had become of him when he went missing. I have listened to "The Vanished" episode on Richard Hillman several times. Here's a link to the podcast: EPISODE 112: Richard Hillmann

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back