Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GUILTY - Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4On Feb 4th, 2010 the McStay Family, Joey, Summer, Gianni, and Joseph Jr vanished from their home. It looked like the family simply got up and left their home never to return.

Law Enforcement was convinced that the McStay family ran away to Mexico.

Patrick McStay, Joey's father, along with other loved ones knew there was no way Joey and his family would never flee to Mexico. There was no reason for this scenario presented by law enforcement.

Up until the remains of the family were found buried in the desert on November 11, 2013, Patrick McStay searched for his son and his family.

Family friend Chase Merritt was arrested for the McStay family murders on Nov 7th, 2014 and finally, Merritt's first-degree murder trial is underway.

The McStay forum is in our private section. However, we are making the discussion of the trial public.

Link to prior general discussion threads:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Closing Arguments:

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
url=https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/chase-merritt-charged-w-murder-of-joseph-summer-gianni-and-joe-jr-mcstay-4.450411/

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching or actually reading from Riga, Latvia! Only 2 hours & 20 minutes to go....

patiently waiting....
impatient1.gif
NOT!

As we gather together for the Chase Merritt verdict, a poll to see us through the few remaining hours we wait, and show how the McStay family touched the hearts of so many from all around the Globe, day and night.

View attachment 188376
I second that Tortoise. It’s been such an emotional roller coaster. The nights I lay awake wondering what happened when they were initially went missing. Spending hours on WS exploring the options with you guys. Then the shocker of the arrest, the penny dropping re Chase and the endless wait for justice. It’s been all consuming and compelled me like no other case I’ve ever read. I really hope the Mcstays can feel our collective will for justice for them right now. I have everything crossed from the UK.

Here's a poll: Who thinks that if Merritt did this, he did it completely alone - no one else involved at all? Not me.

Let's do a poll not on guilt or innocence but on legal standard of proof.

Did the prosecution do enough to send Chase Merritt to death row?

IMO, Chase M. did a great job of covering up. But he screwed up when he dug those shallow graves, and tried to cover up with the Chick Filet story to explain being north and tracked. He was always "one step ahead" of the cops so to speak, or thought he was. I never bought the Mexico line either, and others started inserting, "it was drug lords".....

I am embarassed by the poor showing from California. The McStays are ours! I know there are more of us than the 8 who voted, and I hope I see you all on the courthouse steps today!

Here's a poll: Who thinks that if Merritt did this, he did it completely alone - no one else involved at all? Not me.

I pondered that throughout the trial. If there was another person, then what stopped him from throwing them under the bus for a deal?

I clicked on the link in your final post in the previous thread without looking at it's title. It was 66 pages long and closed!

I thought you guys had gone through 66 pages in 3 hours! I was like holy crap that's gotta be a record!

Whew. Went back and the previous post had the correct link. Lol

Glad this trial is finally behind us. I wasn't sure it ever would be!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back