CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tires, bumper. Was it torn up from driving on the rough road? It had to have been in bad shape based on the descriptions I have read!

Maybe also the driver/passenger seats.

After seeing the car, does anything stand out to you? Did anything surprise you?

Do you know if the seat was adjusted to his height or was it off?

The trunk hatch.

Do you know if the seat was adjusted to his height or was it off?

The trunk hatch.
Yes, the trunk hatch. Steph, I think you and I referred to this at one point. It looked to me that getting out of the car by eith the driver door or passenger door would have been extremely tough. I think we were thinking he may have gotten out of the car via the trunk.

Yes, the trunk hatch. Steph, I think you and I referred to this at one point. It looked to me that getting out of the car by eith the driver door or passenger door would have been extremely tough. I think we were thinking he may have gotten out of the car via the trunk.

The trunk latch is broken but we are unsure if it is from someone trying to break in or the police opening it. The inside of the trunk does not have an emergency latch and you can only open the trunk with a key

The tires, bumper. Was it torn up from driving on the rough road? It had to have been in bad shape based on the descriptions I have read!

Maybe also the driver/passenger seats.

After seeing the car, does anything stand out to you? Did anything surprise you?

The bumper and bottom of the car were completely fine. As weird as it sounds the bumper was only torn off, and the bottom was ripped up after the 3 tow trucks had to pull it out. Overall the car is not in bad shape

The trunk latch is broken but we are unsure if it is from someone trying to break in or the police opening it. The inside of the trunk does not have an emergency latch and you can only open the trunk with a key
How do you think he got out of the car? Was there room on either side for him to open the door and get out?

How do you think he got out of the car? Was there room on either side for him to open the door and get out?

Is there anything specific you guys would like to see on the car?
I think I missed this one, but anything could end up being important, so the more photos the better. Generally things get moved around during the search, so seat position and the like may end up being different. I think the biggest thing to look for is if they did any kind of processing like black powder, chemical sprays or cut-outs from fabric. This can give an idea of what level of processing they chose to do. Receipts can be important for time lines and locations if any are in the car. Otherwise any damage to the interior or exterior. Any types of stains. Any items that are still in the car. Any type of digital storage (SD cards, thumb drives, esc.).

Hope this helps.

Hi Everyone,

Wildcats821 is now verified as Matthew's sister.

My sincere apology for the length of time it took to verify Wildcats821.

As a verified family member Wildcats821 can now post information without a link or a source to back up her post.

You are welcome to ask questions but it is up to Wildcats to answer them or not.

We value our verified members so please do not argue or be rude to any verified person on Websleuths.

If you disagree with what a verified member is saying or you don't believe it then please scroll. Do not start an argument.

Keep it respectful and no one will have a problem.

Thank you all for participating on Matthew's thread. You are doing amazing work.

Tricia

@wildcats821 you've provided us with such great information, however I'm so worried it will be taken down since you are not yet an official Verified Insider. Because you are Matthew's sister, I assume the process will be very quick. Here's the link
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Once you are verified you can post anything without having to cite your source. It's extremely helpful to have VI's on these cases
I am going through the thread to re-approve the posts as we speak.

I am curious. Any off road people in this group? How fast would Matthew be going for his front tire to get over this ditch? Would it be slow driving or fast and he propelled over that slope. When I first saw the picture I thought it was odd his front passenger tire didn’t get stuck?

Attachments

• E8B4BF5E-E594-4E30-9218-969E93CCB7D7.jpeg
    E8B4BF5E-E594-4E30-9218-969E93CCB7D7.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 90
I am curious. Any off road people in this group? How fast would Matthew be going for his front tire to get over this ditch? Would it be slow driving or fast and he propelled over that slope. When I first saw the picture I thought it was odd his front passenger tire didn’t get stuck?

The ground gave away from his back tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288