TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The foster care system is flawed. I'm assuming before the internet state to state communication was even worse. Missing in the foster system could mean the kid went back to their family. Their social worker usually checks out those areas and local police are told to look out for the kid. This is if the foster parents report a missing kid. If someone regularly runs away they aren't going to be a high priority. The foster parents might give them a day or two to come back. It complicates things when they are running to family more often than not. Hitchhiking for 24 hours could get them over a thousand miles away.
Also once kids age out of the system at 18 they are on their own. It would be easy to slip through the cracks.

This is what happened to Patricia Taylor. Her family didn't even know she'd run away, I think they believed she'd been adopted, that was why no one had heard from her. She wasn't. It doesn't appear the state of OK looked for her. In all fairness, they may have but didn't note it. What it looks like is she ran away, and when she didn't come back, they simply closed out her file and called it good when she aged out of the system. God bless her sister, she's been looking for her ever since they found out.

Off topic but the photo of Denise Beaudin in the brown shirt is from high School. She looked different at the time she left but no good photos.

And WCJD's age isn't based off of her photo, it was an anthropological exam that determined her age range.
Right, i'm aware. But we were talking about what we guessed her age at from the window based on the anthropological exam and how she looked from the photo.

Was there anything going on at the other prisons at the time? I'm not familiar with the area are the prisons fairly close together? If WCJD got the name of the prison wrong it would mean she probably wasn't in contact with an inmate. If she had been writing someone she would have most likely kept an envelope. It would have the exact address and possibly an inmate number. Could she have been waiting for someone to get out of a prison? Or was she trying to visit someone she knew but wasn't able to communicate with?
There were a couple of regular events (traveling carnivals and such) that I found in the area around that time. The only other thing was the filming of “Urban Cowboy” was going on all around that area at the time...but I’ve not had luck in even coming up with a way to connect the two... it was just something I thought would attract a lot of locals who were maybe trying to get a cameo in one of the scenes or something?

Someone earlier on this thread mentioned a prison rodeo...I agree with the previous statement that we are relying heavily on witness statements... There could've been a mistake...But 3 different people identified her...2 mentioned her going to a prison but maybe it wasn't the Ellis Farm...

I mentioned the Prison Rodeo not too long ago..I’m not sure if I posted links but it’s very easy to find tons of newspaper articles and information...it was a very big thing especially around the time of this case. People came from all over to see it. I think Angola was the only other prison to have any type of event that brought in a lot of tourist. I know the Prison Rodeo was held every Sunday each October, which is what first cause my attention but IIRC someone mentioned that WCJD was killed on a Friday. And the rodeo has always been held out the Huntsville “Walls” Unit, quite a ways from Ellis. It would make much more sense if she were attempting to make it to the Huntsville Unit. Other than the Ellis unit which is about 15 miles out of town, the other units are all relatively close to I-45. A couple directly across from one another or right next to each other. If you travel through Huntsville it almost seems like there is a Unit on each corner and half of the vehicles are State vehicles. TDCJ is definitely the main source of employment in that area. I do agree that she at least told the witnesses she was trying to make it to the prison, wether or not she actually was I don’t know. But getting the Units mixed up is not hard to do even if you’re familiar with them, so I think it’s a strong possibility that is what happened. Ellis was the the most talked about so it’d probably be the first to come to mind...

did we ever figure if Samuel little was around this area it fits his MO ( along with a lot of others)

IMO opinion based on what I’ve read of Little and his victims, he stuck mostly to prostitutes or transients and I’d consider him more of a possibility if WCJD fit that profile...she just doesn’t seem like she was living on the streets. I could be wrong about both and Little seems like a very different breed of serial killer. I don’t think anything would surprise me when it comes to him!

...it showed the Death Row Museum in Huntsville...It even showed women marrying inmates on the radio...

I heard about the Texas 40 a few years ago, what do you think is going on...

Did you happen to see the link I posted a little above this? (I’d link the comment if I knew his LOL) but it was about a prison radio station! Basically friends and family of offenders could call in and “speak” to them over the air, for those units that could pick up the radio station, but the inmates could not talk back. It mentioned that a lot of them got married that way! I had never heard of such a thing and it sounds like anyone could call in and speak to someone in prison. Very interesting!

I’m also curious what people think about the Texas 40. It seems so easy to connect several Does to most all of the serial killers in the area at the time. A lot of similarities in victims and MOs!

•MMcG•

There were a couple of regular events (traveling carnivals and such) that I found in the area around that time. The only other thing was the filming of “Urban Cowboy” was going on all around that area at the time...but I’ve not had luck in even coming up with a way to connect the two... it was just something I thought would attract a lot of locals who were maybe trying to get a cameo in one of the scenes or something?

I mentioned the Prison Rodeo not too long ago..I’m not sure if I posted links but it’s very easy to find tons of newspaper articles and information...it was a very big thing especially around the time of this case. People came from all over to see it. I think Angola was the only other prison to have any type of event that brought in a lot of tourist. I know the Prison Rodeo was held every Sunday each October, which is what first cause my attention but IIRC someone mentioned that WCJD was killed on a Friday. And the rodeo has always been held out the Huntsville “Walls” Unit, quite a ways from Ellis. It would make much more sense if she were attempting to make it to the Huntsville Unit. Other than the Ellis unit which is about 15 miles out of town, the other units are all relatively close to I-45. A couple directly across from one another or right next to each other. If you travel through Huntsville it almost seems like there is a Unit on each corner and half of the vehicles are State vehicles. TDCJ is definitely the main source of employment in that area. I do agree that she at least told the witnesses she was trying to make it to the prison, wether or not she actually was I don’t know. But getting the Units mixed up is not hard to do even if you’re familiar with them, so I think it’s a strong possibility that is what happened. Ellis was the the most talked about so it’d probably be the first to come to mind...

IMO opinion based on what I’ve read of Little and his victims, he stuck mostly to prostitutes or transients and I’d consider him more of a possibility if WCJD fit that profile...she just doesn’t seem like she was living on the streets. I could be wrong about both and Little seems like a very different breed of serial killer. I don’t think anything would surprise me when it comes to him!

Did you happen to see the link I posted a little above this? (I’d link the comment if I knew his LOL) but it was about a prison radio station! Basically friends and family of offenders could call in and “speak” to them over the air, for those units that could pick up the radio station, but the inmates could not talk back. It mentioned that a lot of them got married that way! I had never heard of such a thing and it sounds like anyone could call in and speak to someone in prison. Very interesting!

I’m also curious what people think about the Texas 40. It seems so easy to connect several Does to most all of the serial killers in the area at the time. A lot of similarities in victims and MOs!

•MMcG•

I do remember reading about your comments about the marriages...I watched the documentary not to long before you posted that comment...

I was expecting a documentary about the death row inmates case, but it shows the impact on his family...It's not for everyone but it was interesting and different from the typical DR documentary...Here's the trailer for 'The Road to Livingston'...

I researched serial killer Stephen Peter Morin who wore disguises...At one time he and his girlfriend (Sarah Clarke) kidnapped a woman and held her captive in a hotel...Sarah's son unwittingly helped him soundproof his van...He was wanted for murders in several states including Colorado...He stalked Sarah Pisan and killed her best friend...

He also killed a young woman in
Padre Island and San Antonio,TX... One victim he strangled and threw her into a culvert...He also raped and killed a 14 yr old in San Francisco...

His story gets unique when he kidnaps Margie Palm, a Christian woman, and she prays for him and tells him about Kenneth Copeland...During her kidnapping he supposedly transforms into a Christian...

He committed several murders in 1980 and late 1981..I haven't found info on where he was in October 1980...

1984 COLORADO ARTICLE
1981 NEWS ARTICLE
ARTICLE BY SARAH CLARK'S SON

MARGIE PALM'S 1996 INTERVIEW
**A YouTube video from a religious type program...It seems weird at first but she gives an interesting acount of her kidnapping
SARAH PISAN FACEBOOK
**Has a lot of news clippings

I don't think telling your kidnapper about the Love of Jesus would work too often. I wouldn't waffle on about Kenneth Copeland myself...

Here's info on a write up in the INQUISITR about an ID Serial Thriller episode about Sarah Pisan's experience with Stephen Morin...

"One of her coworkers was Cheryl “Cheri” Ann Daniel..."

"...she had found love with a man named "Andrew. Sarah remembered seeing Andrew when he came to pick Cheri up from work."

"Things took a turn when Cheri didn’t show up for work one day
leading detectives to question Sarah for more information."

"Sarah met a nice man named Robert..."

"...who constantly showed up to the gas station to ask her out."

"...when Sarah refused, he turned violent and began stalking her..."

"Sarah was also receiving bizarre phone calls from a man who was threatening to kill her."

"Several months later, the body of Cheryl Ann Daniel was found dead..."

"...they also found Sarah’s name and address in a wallet at the crime scene."

"...she reviewed a mugshot book..."

"...detectives informed her that all of the men in the book were photos of the same man, dressed in different disguises."

"...she saw a photo of Cheryl’s boyfriend, Andrew, who she now realized was Robert Generoso."

I found cases of other victims in Conroe, TX (Montgomery County)...Its approx. 30-45 min south of Huntsville...

Lesia Michelle Jackson
12 yrs old

September 7, 1979, Lesia Jackson, 12, spent most of the day swimming with her older brothers at Lake Wildwood off FM 1485 in Conroe.

When her brothers were ready to go home, Lesia wasn't. They started walking without her. Lesia eventually followed and she was last spotted walking alone...

That was the last time anyone saw Lesia alive.

Lesia had been raped and strangled. There were tire tracks nearby, tracks investigators believe are from the killer's car. Lesia's bright blue bikini was laid out near her shredded little t-shirt.

For the first time, detectives are making public a picture of the gold butterfly necklace Lesia was found wearing. The day she was abducted, she had on a matching ring. That ring was never found.

ARTICLE
FACEBOOK

GOOLE MAP
**Map shows where Lesia and WCJD's bodies were found

Brenda Maureen Hackett
24 yrs old
Conroe, TX
Killed: 9-9-1984

Brenda worked as a server at a club...She called her mother from a payphone at Safeway....The next day she was found partially in water raped and strangled with a pair of pantyhose...

Jerry Michael Ward was linked to her murder by DNA...He also murdered Joyce Osten in 1965 and Connie Sue Cook in 1985...He was sentenced to death for Osten, but was paroled...

Newsreel from Osten's murder...

Rookieinvestigator, interesting find....do we know if Brenda was raped in the same manner as our victim...blunt object? I always thought this was an important clue....
Pantyhose as method of strangulation is a good link.

Rookieinvestigator, interesting find....do we know if Brenda was raped in the same manner as our victim...blunt object? I always thought this was an important clue....
Pantyhose as method of strangulation is a good link.

There is very little info online about both cases....Montgomery County has a number of cold cases, UIDs and possibly missing persons...

There are another 5 women who were killed in Montgomery County, and LE thinks the cases are linked...Some victims were set on fire by flares, shot, strangled and raped...Barbara Gayle Whitten, African American, was killed July 8, 1980...

...a 1976 – 1977 medium blue Chevrolet Nova parked nearby. The Nova had what appeared to be two navy blue
racing stripes on the side. Two white males were observed closing the
vehicle trunk and upon entering the car, the males fled...

The witnesses at the truck stop WCJD was seen at mentioned a 1973-74 blue Chevy Caprice...

What stood out to me in the killing of Lesia is that when she was found, she was only wearing a necklace...

In Brenda's case the strangulation by pantyhose caught my attention...Jerry Michael Ward committed suicide, but they have his DNA...

**See link below for cold cases

One case I took sometime to look over was when Clarence Brandley, a janitor, was wrongfully sent to death row for the murder of Cheryl Dee Ferguson August 23, 1980...She was raped and strangled with a belt...This crime took place in Conroe, TX...The real killer could be James Dexter Robinson (JR), and a possible accomplice could be Gary Acreman (GA)...

GA was a taxi driver in Conroe at some point...JR's ex-girlfriend remembered GA & JR having intercourse with a girl handcuffed to a bed...In WCJD's case witnesses claimed a couple of men in a car pulled over when she was hitchhiking....His ex-girlfriend came forward years later and stated he admitted to killing a girl (Ferguson) and moved out of their place right after the murder...The problem is he returned to SC at some point, but LE flew him back for questioning....His family stated he was in SC around August 18, but a former co-worker contradicted him and said he was still in town in Sept...

This could all be a coincidence, but there were multiple killers near North & South I-45...

~ ARTICLE
~ MONTGOMERY CTY COLD CASES
~ LOCAL NEWS FOLLOW-UP ON LESIA's CASE
~ CLARENCE BRANDLEY ARTICLE PRIOR TO EXONERATION

~ CONROE HIGH SCHOOL (GOOGLE MAPS)

Good searching. I had come across some of these cases as I live in Montgomery county. Definitely possible linked cases. There was also one mentioned regarding unknown white female found near a truck stop in new Caney.

Case # 83-8549
Murder of Unidentified White Female
May 13, 1983 – 76 Truck Stop Hwy 59 at FM 1485 New Caney, Texas
SYNOPSIS: At approx. 7:35 am, MCSO Deputies responded to a wooded area behind the 76 Truck Stop where schoolchildren had found the decomposing body of an unidentified white female. The location of the body was positioned in an area where tractor-trailers normally parked. An autopsy revealed that she had been killed by two blows to the head, which resulted in skull fractures. The victim was described as follows: 15 – 22 yoa, 59” in height, with a decomposed weight of 78 lbs. Complainant had dark brown hair that was about seven inches in length. She was wearing “Shades” designer blue jeans, a tan “Wrangler” long-sleeve terry cloth t-shirt, and white panties.

Good searching. I had come across some of these cases as I live in Montgomery county. Definitely possible linked cases. There was also one mentioned regarding unknown white female found near a truck stop in new Caney.

Case # 83-8549
Murder of Unidentified White Female
May 13, 1983 – 76 Truck Stop Hwy 59 at FM 1485 New Caney, Texas
SYNOPSIS: At approx. 7:35 am, MCSO Deputies responded to a wooded area behind the 76 Truck Stop where schoolchildren had found the decomposing body of an unidentified white female. The location of the body was positioned in an area where tractor-trailers normally parked. An autopsy revealed that she had been killed by two blows to the head, which resulted in skull fractures. The victim was described as follows: 15 – 22 yoa, 59” in height, with a decomposed weight of 78 lbs. Complainant had dark brown hair that was about seven inches in length. She was wearing “Shades” designer blue jeans, a tan “Wrangler” long-sleeve terry cloth t-shirt, and white panties.

I've been posting a lot of possible suspects...There are endless possibilities on who killed WCJD...The killer could be a truck driver with a regular route around I-45, a person who's job allowed them to drive around, or it could be a local that committed similar murders in the area... Another angle is someone unemployed with a lot of time on their hands and used it to prey on innocent girls/women....

Here's a nice multimedia link highlighting cold cases around the greater Houston area....Lesia Jackson is included further down and others that might interest you...

ABC13

I found another interesting coincidence... WCJD and Michelle Garvey had inverted nipples...Michelle is another suspected "Killing Fields" victim...

Last edited:
There is very little info online about both cases....Montgomery County has a number of cold cases, UIDs and possibly missing persons...

There are another 5 women who were killed in Montgomery County, and LE thinks the cases are linked...Some victims were set on fire by flares, shot, strangled and raped...Barbara Gayle Whitten, African American, was killed July 8, 1980...

...a 1976 – 1977 medium blue Chevrolet Nova parked nearby. The Nova had what appeared to be two navy blue
racing stripes on the side. Two white males were observed closing the
vehicle trunk and upon entering the car, the males fled...

The witnesses at the truck stop WCJD was seen at mentioned a 1973-74 blue Chevy Caprice...

What stood out to me in the killing of Lesia is that when she was found, she was only wearing a necklace...

In Brenda's case the strangulation by pantyhose caught my attention...Jerry Michael Ward committed suicide, but they have his DNA...

**See link below for cold cases

One case I took sometime to look over was when Clarence Brandley, a janitor, was wrongfully sent to death row for the murder of Cheryl Dee Ferguson August 23, 1980...She was raped and strangled with a belt...This crime took place in Conroe, TX...The real killer could be James Dexter Robinson (JR), and a possible accomplice could be Gary Acreman (GA)...

GA was a taxi driver in Conroe at some point...JR's ex-girlfriend remembered GA & JR having intercourse with a girl handcuffed to a bed...In WCJD's case witnesses claimed a couple of men in a car pulled over when she was hitchhiking....His ex-girlfriend came forward years later and stated he admitted to killing a girl (Ferguson) and moved out of their place right after the murder...The problem is he returned to SC at some point, but LE flew him back for questioning....His family stated he was in SC around August 18, but a former co-worker contradicted him and said he was still in town in Sept...

This could all be a coincidence, but there were multiple killers near North & South I-45...

~ ARTICLE
~ MONTGOMERY CTY COLD CASES
~ LOCAL NEWS FOLLOW-UP ON LESIA's CASE
~ CLARENCE BRANDLEY ARTICLE PRIOR TO EXONERATION

~ CONROE HIGH SCHOOL (GOOGLE MAPS)
When I was honed in on the “70s model light blue sedan” angle, I listened to a Podcast about this case! I didn’t note the name of it as I had dismissed the frequently mentioned “light blue sedan”, but if I’m not mistaken it was titled “The Killing Fields of Montgomery County”. This was the only link my search history recognized so without listening I’m going to assume it’s the correct one. It was a very interesting one! I’m glad you brought it up!

The Killing Fields of Montgomery County | gone cold podcast

Hopefully this offers something new! :)

I've been posting a lot of possible suspects...There are endless possibilities on who killed WCJD...The killer could be a truck driver with a regular route around I-45, a person who's job allowed them to drive around, or it could be a local that committed similar murders in the area... Another angle is someone unemployed with a lot of time on their hands and used it to prey on innocent girls/women....

You bring up good points! The possibilities seem endless! I think I’ve read everything there is to read on incarcerated individuals near there at the time and they seem to all be “possible suspects”! Sometimes (almost always) I have to refresh my train of thought and refer back to Occam’s razor! I personally tend to venture out into overly complex theories! ;)

I’ve attached an image just for a little comic relief!

Keep up the amazing work!

•MMcG•

ETA: link

Attachments

• 0FAA54FD-79C1-48A9-8B64-3EEECF10BF71.png
    0FAA54FD-79C1-48A9-8B64-3EEECF10BF71.png
    76 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I copied this information from the NamUs website just now. It gives the agency name and contact as well as rule outs for WCJD

DNA - sample submitted, tests complete.
expand.png

Agency information
expand.png

Date created Oct. 15, 2008
Date last modified March 2, 2016
Agency name Harris Co. Institute of Forensic Sciences
Agency phone number 713.796.6827
Case manager Sharon Derrick
Case manager phone number 713-796-6858

Walker County Sheriff’s Department

Address:
717 FM 2821 Road West, Huntsville, TX 77320
Huntsville, Texas 77320

Main Phone
(936) 435-2400

Website URL
http://www.co.walker.tx.us/department/?fDD=16-0

Agency Case Number

80-11-476

Exclusions
expand.png

Persons who have been ruled out as the identity in this case
Name Mary Trlica
ID 47595
Year of birth 1957
State last known alive Texas

Name Laureen Rahn
ID 47594
Year of birth 1966
State last known alive New Hampshire

Name Deborah McCall
ID 47593
Year of birth 1963
State last known alive Illinois

Name Cindy King
ID 47592
Year of birth 1962
State last known alive Oregon

Name Rachael Garden
ID 47591
Year of birth 1964
State last known alive New Hampshire

Name Roxane Easland
ID 47590
Year of birth 1956
State last known alive Alaska

Name Kimberly Doss
ID 47589
Year of birth 1962
State last known alive Florida

Name Kristy Booth
ID 47588
Year of birth 1960
State last known alive Texas

Name Maria Anjiras
ID 47587
Year of birth 1961
State last known alive Connecticut

MP5860

Marie

Blee

11/21/1979

Routt

CO

MP4592

Karen

Zendrosky

10/22/1979

Mercer

NJ

MP2492

Wendy

Eaton

05/17/1975

Delaware

PA

MP6937

Tina

Kemp

02/03/1979

Kent

DE

MP2345

Carla

Corley

08/12/1980

Jefferson

AL

MP5879

Joyce

Brewer

09/06/1970

Dallas

TX

MP6391

Angela

Meeker

07/07/1979

Pierce

WA

MP2362

Rachael

Garden

03/22/1980

Rockingham

NH

MP28953

Roxane

Easland

06/28/1980

Anchorage

AK

MP2560

Maria

Anjiras

02/12/1976

Fairfield

CT

MP11009

Kimberly

Doss

05/29/1979

Duval

FL

MP2392

Laureen

Rahn

04/27/1980

Hillsborough

NH

MP2928

Kristy

Booth

02/02/1980

Midland

TX

MP6744

Mary

Trlica

12/23/1974

Tarrant

TX

MP6263

Cindy

King

07/19/1977

Josephine

OR

MP8253

Deborah

McCall

11/05/1979

DuPage

IL

Last edited:
Has anyone considered that she could be Eilieen Hynson from California? Eileen went missing in 1976 and it says she was 19, but as others have suggested, maybe WCJD was a bit older than presumed? I just think that there is a resemblance. The eyebrows are the only thing that don't look the same to me, but if she had been living as a transient for 4 years, it's possible she didn't keep them as groomed as she did before she disappeared.

Attachments

• eileen_francis_hynson_2.jpg
    eileen_francis_hynson_2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Eileen Hynson.jpg
    Eileen Hynson.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 30
  • WCJD1.PNG
    WCJD1.PNG
    508.3 KB · Views: 31
  • WCJD2.JPG
    WCJD2.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 24
Has anyone considered that she could be Eilieen Hynson from California? Eileen went missing in 1976 and it says she was 19, but as others have suggested, maybe WCJD was a bit older than presumed? I just think that there is a resemblance. The eyebrows are the only thing that don't look the same to me, but if she had been living as a transient for 4 years, it's possible she didn't keep them as groomed as she did before she disappeared.

I suggested her recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member