Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Like a nurturer': Grieving University of Utah to honor slain student MacKenzie Lueck at vigil
A heartbroken University of Utah will hold a vigil Monday evening commemorating student MacKenzie Lueck, who police say was killed two weeks ago by a man from Salt Lake City.

The Find MacKenzie Lueck Facebook page and the University of Utah student government are hosting the vigil at 6 p.m. at the university's Union Lawn. Students and members of the community will gather to remember Lueck – a pre-nursing and kinesiology student known to her friends as "Kenzie."

“She's like a nurturer,” KS, one of Lueck’s sorority sisters at Alpha Chi Omega, told The Salt Lake Tribune. “She's almost a mother to me."

[...]

Friends plan a Monday night vigil for slain University of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck
[...]

The event will be on the lawn behind the student union building, 200 S. Central Campus Drive. It starts at 6 p.m.

KS, Lueck’s friend and sorority sister in Alpha Chi Omega, has previously said: “We are all mourning MacKenzie’s death. … Our hearts are hurting, and we are all experiencing anger, frustration, sadness and loss.”

[...]

I think the answer is a simple one. They knew each other.

I’m convinced there was some prior contact, and she trusted him enough to meet him at that time, and in that place.

How this came to be, is anyone’s guess.

I just think the drug dealer theory is the least likely of them all.
So do I - my thought is an online exchange in some form prior to that night - messages via website(s), texting, WhatsApp etc which LE will know or should know based on the potential search warrants IMO

Unless you're an Airbnb customer there. Any cameras in the bedroom I'm staying in are going to concern me. I don't care where they're pointed, lol! :p
Lol! The house is pretty small, 8-10 cameras is a lot for that small space. This isn’t a museum with priceless treasures. They weren’t there for security reasons.

Ashley Kewish on Twitter
This is what’s being passed out ahead of the #MackenzieLueck vigil. We will live stream on our Facebook page. #ksltv@KSL5TV
D-baqhCUIAACMzW.jpg

5:56 PM - 1 Jul 2019

Interesting that they had been estranged for years yet he made the date of separation in 2017. I suspect he knew that saying their marriage lasted a few months would call his citizenship into question.

Is this man even capable of telling the truth?
It was within the five year limit, so it makes sense. Statute of limitations is five years so they made it just in time. Imo.

Last edited:
Lol! The house is pretty small, 8-10 cameras is a lot for that small space. This isn’t a museum with priceless treasures. They weren’t there for security reasons.

I dunno. He may have wanted security cameras, to make sure no one stole his security cameras. :p

Naw. Voyeurism for sure.

But he had an Airbnb guest that was staying there sometime after he killed her. I don't think he would have planned to keep a slave and still have Airbnb guests come.

fair point...but this is a brazen psychopath who will burn a body in a backyard during the day while neighbors are home. i wouldn't put it past him...especially if he was able to get the soundproof room... :( (yuck i feel so gross just typing that out)

I dunno. He may have wanted security cameras, to make sure no one stole his security cameras. :p

Naw. Voyeurism for sure.

Messages allegedly by ML previously reported indicated that she had experience with SB/D "online only" arrangements.

Somebody experienced with the community provided that this could include video exchange with daddy's or viewing behind a paywall.

Perhaps AA is a good videographer and helped ML out.

As far as we know from housekeepers initial report, cameras were in the master bedroom which I presume was AA's room (not available to the airbnb guests).

I could see AA providing this service for ML, and probably other women seeking "online only" arrangements.

From the realtor photos -- good lighting exists in that house.

MOO

ETA: I'm coming from the place that ML and AA were known to each other. I believe she felt safe with him, and therefore had no problem meeting him in the park.

Reminder...search warrants dont have to be for “places”
These other search warrants could very well have been for devices, servers, hard drives etc.
If the search warrant didn’t cover something and then they found it after he was captured they would have to get another one...but at that point it’s a pretty fast process.

I thought the media reported that he knocked on the door wanting to get his stuff and police eventually let him. I would have to try to find a link. I didn't delve to far into that at the time so maybe I am not remembering correctly.

There weren’t any renters when she was murdered, but he did have a guest arrive later that week. Might have been that weekend. The guest came back to room while LE was there searching and they let him get his stuff.

I posted this on another thread so I remembered it.

This article written June 27th. So it means he checked in on June 21st.

“A man stopped by the home Thursday, saying he was staying through Airbnb and had checked in the previous Friday. The man said he didn't notice anything suspicious with the home or home owner.”

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched

Well if you think about this- in the majority of cases such as this, many people are shocked. They know a completely different person. The nice guy, the one who would give you the shirt off of his back, the helpful and kind guy. In some cases, he's a family oriented man. Hard worker. In some cases, never has been arrested, not even a speeding ticket.

I can certainly sympathize with these people- imagine their shock and horror of hearing about this or in any other murder. You were friends with them, shared laughter, had coffee or drinks with them, went places with them. This person, killed so and so? You can't wrap your head around it. You saw all the good in them, no red flags or alarms went off when you knew them. Of course, this is shocking and if we're a bit honest, frightening, too, to think they were a part of your life at one time- you had no idea that one day, this person would be a cold hearted and cruel murderer.

Agree, Steelslady. Plus you begin to doubt your own judgement because you couldn’t see the evil in him. It is quite unnerving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member