Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went down a rabbit hole here trying to find an online presence for Geeks Online in Utah. I’m not a tech expert, but I do know how to identify scam websites and the one linked in that BBB report has the telltale signs. However, noting that the date on the BBB complaints are from a few years ago and AA just registered his company on May 2019, it’s probably not the same company.

There are a lot of questionable websites that use variations of the Geeks Online name. Most of them are registered through a hosting agency (GoDaddy) that keeps the registration details hidden. Meaning you can’t see who actually owns the sites. This is common among scam sites.

Continuing on this train of thought, AA could be running online scams.

Posting some links to show the trail:
The BBB report that started this line of discussion: Geeks Online, LLC | Better Business Bureau® Profile. Note that the complaints were made before AA created his business in Utah. Entity Details: GEEKS ONLINE LLC - Utah Business Search - Utah.gov
The company in the BBB is located in Dallas, Texas but one of the phone numbers traces to Missouri. Tried checking business registration in Dallas, Texas, no Geeks Online registered there.

Here are some of the suspected related scam sites (spaces added to deactivate links)
Geeks- Online- expert.com
Geeks online.com
Geeksconnect. us
Info- tectsolutions. com

There are many more. Notice the grammar used on the websites is similar and sounds like they were written from someone whose first language is not English. Such as:
Geeks Online, leading online technical support companies, ensures customer satisfaction for every IT related support.

Definitely very shady using the GoDaddy site to make it near impossible to connect them to a real name. A lot of people would see Geeks in the title and think it was the legitimate site that has a similar name. I was afraid to even click on some of the things that popped up when I was looking around...lol.... I've got all the usual malware/antivirus software on my computer, but sometimes I wonder about things that can get past that and end up left on the hard drive.

I totally agree with you. AA could have been running scams. When that article about the rape accusation mentioned he worked at a financial company I thought yikes that's not someone you would want to have access to peoples financial information.

Michael Locklear on Twitter
#BREAKING: #MackenzieLueck's suspected killer won't be formally charged until next week. Judge just granted DA's motion to extend his jail hold without bail.
10:22 AM - 2 Jul 2019

Claudia Cowan on Twitter
#BREAKING: Jail hold extended for suspect in #MacKenzieLueck case. Charges likely to be filed next week.
D-e9t6MVUAUy5Ma.png

10:28 AM - 2 Jul 2019
Interesting....

Also from @PommyMommy ‘s timeline:

“2013 - 2015 AA lived in the North Logan area from 2013-2015”

I’m sure you guys are looking at SA’s there as well.

I’ve been off the threads here and making some notes/questions as I try to get somewhat caught up. You guys have certainly been busy here!

I’m pretty sure it’s been verified that he’s not a citizen. He has a green card. The booking information is wrong.

I recall during the presser the spokesperson from the DA's office responded that AA was a legal citizen.

Although AA's booking info clearly provides his country of birth, I'm not certain they differentiate permanent residents (green card) from US citizen as they have the same legal rights. MOO

Inmate Information

Booking #: 19031136 SO#: 416400
INS: Citizen: UNITED STATES
COB: NIGERIA

One of the inconsistencies his anonymous date reported was that he couldn't clearly say what he did for work.

But it seems he has to have a verifiable income to buy a house and get a mortgage. Even being about 20% less than the SLC median income, he still bought the Rose Park home for about $270K.

You don't go from being evicted with two roommates to having enough to cash to buy a house outright in two years.

I haven't read a verified and specific report of his job yet. Banks would want this info for a mortgage.
Maybe he has some type of regular bank deposits that could be proven to the loan holder... it is not easy buying a home so def makes you wonder.....HOW

Agreed... there are known “scams” ,if you will, that target others through online activity. That does not mean those that do this and know some things do know IT.

But, wouldn’t it be interesting IF we discovered he had actually gone to school for this in Nigeria?

And yes, I’ve found a link to him being in school in Nigeria, but I can’t say for sure it is him. That name is common. But I do believe this to be where he is from based on other research.

And school here was just a ruse ? A means to an end? Coming to the USA. I mean, he would have to get here to find someone to marry here, to stay here, correct?

Oh no, don’t tell me he was the Nigerian Prince I was just getting ready to send money to!! (Jk)

(ETA: Can you believe that scam still makes money? Lol

'Nigerian prince' email scams still rake in over $700,000 a year—here's how to protect yourself
Apr 18 2019 )

Jail hold for man arrested for MacKenzie Lueck's murder extended
Ayoola Ajayi, the man accused of killing MacKenzie Lueck, will not be charged until next week.

The Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office was granted the extension on Monday by Utah's Third District Court.

Ajayi will be held without bail in jail until the upcoming week.

[...]

MOO it is just one day. The 72 hour holds are business days, meaning Friday was the day he should be arraigned. MOO the defense attorney will object.

I am currently living in Utah so this case hits pretty close to "home." I have been following very closely since the beginning, and you guys have been instrumental to my understanding of some of the details (so thank you!). As we all speculate about where AA got his seemingly endless supply of money, I can't help but be reminded of a classmate I had while in nursing school. He was also from a country in Africa but was the son of a quite wealthy family. It would not surprise me if AA was being supported monetarily by family back home. MOO :)

Pommy and Tippy, the 2 of you are absolutely amazing!

No need to apologize for not being able to be everywhere and/or to do everything.

You guys go above and beyond, time after time, case after case.

The 2 of you do waaaaay more than your fair share to create and maintain detailed Timelines, Media Threads, etc., on countless cases.

I don't know how you guys do it, I really don't.

What I do know is that all of us here appreciate your contributions more than we can say.

Thank You Both.

Thank you:)

I recently had a few exterior cameras installed by my alarm company. I mentioned to the salesperson that I had a couple interior cameras that I use to keep an eye on kids/babysitters. He advised me to only keep the interior ones turned on when I needed them. He told me NOT to leave them on all the time. He told me that the Canary, Nest, etc. all the ones that run on your Wi-fi are very easy to hack and there are people that can easily hack and access hundreds of those feeds and put them on websites on the dark web for people to watch. I guess for a price?

Haven’t posted in a long time, but this horrible case is bothering me to the core for many reasons. The digital nature of the backstory and commission of crime is a wake up call for me as a mom. On line connecting is baked into the core of kids and young adults these days. I feel sick for her and her family, and fearful about trying to stay up on what our kids are getting into.

A few specifics about the case. I had no knowledge of this SD/SB “community” so I watched a few news programs to educate myself. They are very general, and I am not looking to stir up a debate on whether these interactions are okay or not. What struck me in the news commentary were the statistics about numbers of college girls on these platforms, and the direct marketing by the owners of the hook up sites at colleges. My impression based on a quick look around the web is there is a population of young girls who think this is a viable way to finance their education. I was just dumbstruck to here college aged girls talking about these activities like it was a scholarship opportunity. I am not faulting them - but I am just disgusted by the people behind these “communities” using education as a marketing tool. Ugh.

One was from Nightline
The other on 60 Minutes Australia

Secondly, the fact that baffles me the most in this case is the 3 am thing. I am not sure if anyone has posted this theory - but what if this is the most important fact in the whole story. What would cause her to go there in the middle of the night. The only thing that makes sense to me based on what is known is the following: She had been in contact with him via the various apps, she may or may not have met him in person, they were possibly in beginning stages of negotiating an arrangement on line over several days or weeks. Flirting on line. And they planned some kind of get together for a specific date and time that ultimately had to be cancelled because of the funeral. Given AA’s self-import, history of stalking and harassing women, and anger flare ups, he was irked to no end that the meet up had to be pushed off. How dare she. So he badgers her online while she is gone “you area tease” “are you blowing me off?” “ I don’t believe you are at a funeral?” She could have taken that as just banter - but felt compelled to placate him with promises of making it up to him when she gets back. She could have been afraid he would trash her on line and hurt her profile. This is discussed in those news shows - Sugar Babying has been described by some as capitalistic and brand-worthy and people engaged in this are so focused on succeeding at the lifestyle they are missing red flags about safety in lieu of their marketability. So sad. In any event - he pesters and bullies her all the home until she lands, and she feels compelled to go straight there to prove to him she is the real deal, not at ease. The whole time she is gone he is ruminating and begin to boil over at how dare she stand him up and make him wait. He has thought about making her pay for this - like his exs have stated - harassing from afar, flying off the handle. So my theory is he didn’t pick her off line to rape her or kill her, he picked her up for “activities” and then became enraged when it didn’t play out they way he expected. He could not suppress the loss of control by the woman. That is what rattled around in my head until more facts are learned.

This is my first WS post - ever. I am lucky to be alive from a similar experience in a large city not far from SLC, but different state. I do not know what I am permitted to say on this forum. I do not mean to offend or overstep - but could not stay lurking/ quiet any longer, as details unfold if accurate-

Kenzie’s brutal and heartbreaking story has kept me awake for days, following each detail as they slowly become available. I cannot accept the similarities I am reading here, and these atrocities are allowed to happen, and nothing is being done. My perp is from Ethiopia, the last I had a PI run a thorough report he was actively harassing girls on the local college campus here- still. He’s a repeat violent offender, he was prior to my case too, but they won’t seem to jail or imprison him. Who knows how he got to this country- my questions were never answered, court documents disappeared, he was released early, given psychological defer- etc- I’m physically ill reading the similarities of Kenzie ( I simply refuse to even put his initials even close to her sweet name) -

If you all only knew...I’ve been reading your posts, responses, thoughts and input and it just has left me hopeless knowing what I know- this was bound to happen and it’s so sick and wrong...no one, no matter who they are or what they may or may not have been doing- ever needs to come across this evil, because this evil had been clearly identified many times, and it was ignored.

My evil came here from Ethiopia because he had done something so heinous - they didn’t want him, and his supposedly wealthy, connected parents got him here , he too was a “student” or “homeless “ or getting assistance- ( all this sound too familiar) I never got those answers either- ??? .... I was just out gardening in my yard when he saw me- no SD/ SB or even internet needed...technology didn’t apply...love to beautiful Kenzie and all who were lucky enough to know & love her...group hug -

Oh no, don’t tell me he was the Nigerian Prince I was just getting ready to send money to!! (Jk)

(ETA: Can you believe that scam still makes money? Lol

'Nigerian prince' email scams still rake in over $700,000 a year—here's how to protect yourself
Apr 18 2019 )
My LE said he has to go to calls and make reports for this all.the.time. He said the super elderly need to stay off the internet. Poor things lol.

Also, I hope @yellowmoose is hanging in there and we are all thinking about y’all.

Pommy and Tippy, the 2 of you are absolutely amazing!

No need to apologize for not being able to be everywhere and/or to do everything.

You guys go above and beyond, time after time, case after case.

The 2 of you do waaaaay more than your fair share to create and maintain detailed Timelines, Media Threads, etc., on countless cases.

I don't know how you guys do it, I really don't.

What I do know is that all of us here appreciate your contributions more than we can say.

Thank You Both.
Thank you for your kind words. :)

I recently had a few exterior cameras installed by my alarm company. I mentioned to the salesperson that I had a couple interior cameras that I use to keep an eye on kids/babysitters. He advised me to only keep the interior ones turned on when I needed them. He told me NOT to leave them on all the time. He told me that the Canary, Nest, etc. all the ones that run on your Wi-fi are very easy to hack and there are people that can easily hack and access hundreds of those feeds and put them on websites on the dark web for people to watch. I guess for a price?
yes, anything connected to wifi is subject to hacking, including baby monitors.

My LE said he has to go to calls and make reports for this all.the.time. He said the super elderly need to stay off the internet. Poor things lol.

Also, I hope @yellowmoose is hanging in there and we are all thinking about y’all.
I remember the Nigerian prince scam on paper, in letters through the regular mail! My boss received one in the mid 1990s and showed it to me. I don't recall the exact wording, of course, but it was essentially the same as the spam today.

Nothing new under the sun.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members