Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Cordie as well but the evidence didn't point to murder even though most if us believe otherwise.

My perception is that the evidence pointed to murder but it could not be proven.

There was irrefutable evidence of a physical, hair pulling fight. The DA had only the grandma's ststements about where that occurred.

Remember Arnonld Schartzeneger's other famous line from the Terminator movies?
"Get Out!"

All grandma would need is a gun or a knife or just the threat of crashing the car with the child in it to coerce Ms Cordie to jump out of the car.

I think we had two last year also. The Newberg one and the Willamina one. Belander went to Washington so that one doesn't count.

I wonder if Belander's attorney will get him off by convincing the judge or a jury that there is insuffecient evidence that he killed the victim in Washington state rather than kill him in Yamhill County before hauling him up there? Once he is acquitted, the prohibition on double jeapordy would preclude trying him again in Oregon. Perhaps it should be tried as a Federal case?

I have the destinct impression that Yamhill County had more murders in 2018 but I can not recall specific cases beyond the two that you mentioned. Since Megan Cordie's death has been adjudicated as an accident rather than a homicide, we should not count her. We also should not count the two feet, presumably from the same woman, that were found floating in the Yamhill river last summer because we do not know who the feet belong to much less if they are dead (extremely likely) or even murdered (likely).

I wonder if these two, women's feet found floating in the Yamhill river last summer inspired MW to dump the bodies of Karissa and William Fretwell near Tanner creek with the expectation that individual portions would be washed into the creek then downstream to the river?

The report that Karissa died from a gun shot wound to the head, almost certainly at close range or even contact range, suggests a possible attempt to make it difficult to recognize her remains as human. The skull is the portion of a human skelton that is most easily recognized as human by an average person. A shotgun is far more devastating than a handgun or even most rifles. A 12 gauge shotgun fires a projectile or projectiles that have about 8 times the mass of a bullet from an AR-15 and have ten times the wounding capacity. A 12 gauge shotgun can literally cause a skull to explode, especially if the muzzle is inserted in the mouth. All propagsnda aside, an AR-15 can not do this. Shooting the hands and feet from intermediate range with buckshot can shatter and seperate the bones, making them unrecognizable as human.

This theory might explain why MW did not bury his victims. A complete skeleton found in a grave is more easily recognized as human than scatterred remains. It is also easier to prove that a death is homicide by examining a complete skelton. Just burying the victim is incriminating.

Question, was William Fretwell also murdered with a gun shot wound to the head? I do not believe this information has been released.

Keep in mind that the fact that MW chose to use a gun to murder Karissa and may be Wiliam should not be dismissed as just normal. FBI homicide data reveals that 80% of young children (11 and under) who are murdered are not killed with guns. The proportion killed with guns is even lower for very young children like William. Most domestic homicides are committed with guns, often in a fit of rage. However; rapists who kill their victims seldom use guns. The fact that MW abducted Karissa and Wiliam before killing them causes me to believe that his mindset was more like that of a rapist than just a domestic abuser. This would be particularly true if MW did not murder his victims soon after abducting them.

It is fortunate that Yamhill County LE were diligent enough to locate Karissa and William before they had become unrecognizable as human and their skeltons were scattered.

In case anyone is wondering, I am intentionally citing the FBI data on homicides to bring it to the attention of Yamhill County LE. I know that they are watching this page. YamCo LE are exceptionally dilligent (better than a 90% clearance rate for murder compared to the national average of barely 60%. Police in Chicago solve barely 10% of murders). However; I am actually on a first name basis with the FBI climatologists who collate crime statistics.

I just consulted my little daughter who is a court reporter in Arizona. (To anyone who is interested, she looks just like the terminatrix who was kicking Arnold's butt in T3, RISE OF THE MACHINES. similar disposition too.) Arizona is not the same as Oregon but gives perspective.

When an unwed mother applies for public assistance in Arizona, she is asked to identify the father. The government agency then goes to court to get child support from the dad almost immediately. They do not wait two years!

IMHO, it is certain that KF did not apply for public assistance until 2 years after WF was born.

Two possible explainations. MW was paying support or MW was intimidating her.

I think we may know at the next hearing... july 10th, I believe?

As I often cited FBI crime stats just to annoy the dogmatic, young homicide victims are seldom killed with guns and women who are killed by rapists are seldom killed with guns. KF was shot in the head which is noisy even with a suppressed firearm. MW had a reason beyond killing to use a gun. I expect that William was also shot, but might have already been dead.

Glad to know that you were not mocking me with bovine noises.
rolling.gif

Court records show that on July 3, the Big, Bad Wolfe got himself a new attorney.

Dianna Gentry - Portland Expert Defense Attorney

This is going to be far more expensive than the child support.

This is so disgusting and so typical. Murder her and your own son to save a buck and because God forbid she might not want you and you have to have control, but spending a buck to save his own worthless ugly hide, no problem! These kind of people disgust me to no end and they do not even realize they show who they are and that no life matters but their own to them when they do this--hopefully a jury will see that just as plain as day.

He decided his own disgusting life that he spent cheating and killing and who knows what is more valuable than that of a little boy, his, who had his entire life ahead of him. So for that matter, did his mom have her entire life ahead of her but unfortunately encountered this ____.

If I were the family of the victims, I would file a wrongful death suit right now, let him pay an attorney for that one too.

Jmo.

Court records show that on July 3, the Big, Bad Wolfe got himself a new attorney.

Dianna Gentry - Portland Expert Defense Attorney

This is going to be far more exprnsive than the child support.
The testimonials on her page are mainly from clients who had drug and/or alcohol-related charges.

Just googling, I found a couple of murder cases - Lynn Edward Benton and Daniel Armaugh Butts - in which she served as defense counsel but both defendants ended up with life in prison. I didn't look any deeper than that. Do you know if she's ever had a win? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie