Found Deceased TX - Sarbesh Gurung, 2, Denton, 2 July, 2019

Live in the area and spent a few hours looking for him. Lots of people were doing the same. Something seems odd to me. Why was he dressed in long sleeves in the 100 degree Texas summer? Why were his shoes on if he was down for a nap? No windows were open, how could he reach the lock to get out? If for some reason he did get out an unlocked door, why would he close it behind him, and how would that go unnoticed? They live in a small apartment (likely a 1 bedroom, but at most it’s a 2 bedroom).

He wasn’t from Sri Lanka, as an earlier poster indicated, he was from Nepal. They live in a busy area, right by a university with a lot of streets. If someone had seen a toddler by themselves, surely there would have been calls to the police.

Denton PD searching for missing 2-year-old boy
The first responding officers did a search of the apartment, but they didn't find anything. There was no indication as to how and why Sarbesh disappeared.

"There wasn't anything open that led us know that," Dixon said. "But very close to him preceding to leaving, one of the doors was open for a short period of time."

Thinking innocently here:
Police said there are several siblings. Maybe an older one went out to play with friends and Sarbesh tried to follow? Saw sibling open and close the door so he copied? But by the time he got outside sibling was out of sight so he wandered and got lost? Maybe another child in the area saw him outside/lost and brought him home to watch cartoons and play? Looks to be a low income area. Other kids parents work long hours and can’t afford child care, etc so maybe he’s in someone’s home sleeping and watching cartoons with another kid and some parent will come home from a long day and find him.

I hate to think that this is another case like Sherin. Especially since it doesn’t have the same strangeness. Crazy story, parents waited hours before reporting, etc.

Live in the area and spent a few hours looking for him. Lots of people were doing the same. Something seems odd to me. Why was he dressed in long sleeves in the 100 degree Texas summer? Why were his shoes on if he was down for a nap? No windows were open, how could he reach the lock to get out? If for some reason he did get out an unlocked door, why would he close it behind him, and how would that go unnoticed? They live in a small apartment (likely a 1 bedroom, but at most it’s a 2 bedroom).

He wasn’t from Sri Lanka, as an earlier poster indicated, he was from Nepal. They live in a busy area, right by a university with a lot of streets. If someone had seen a toddler by themselves, surely there would have been calls to the police.

Regarding doors:

"There wasn't anything open that led us know that," Dixon said. "But very close to him preceding to leaving, one of the doors was open for a short period of time."

I don't see anything suspicious about wearing long sleeves. Some people keep the air conditioner very cold.

He is adorable. Someone could have seen him walking alone and seized the opportunity to take him.

oops I see PommyMommy posted the same quote lol

Regarding doors:

I don't see anything suspicious about wearing long sleeves. Some people keep the air conditioner very cold.

Agreed, and I’m hoping it’s nothing. Seems like a respectable family (dad is a PHD student at the university). Having gone missing while he was down for a nap but also wearing shoes is a bit strange, and made me start questioning. Could have a simple explanation as well.

Agreed, and I’m hoping it’s nothing. Seems like a respectable family (dad is a PHD student at the university). Having gone missing during nap time but also wearing shoes is a bit strange, and made me start questioning. Could have a simple explanation as well.
If my toddler had fallen asleep with his shoes on and if removing them would have woken him up, I would have left them on. Naps are precious when you are a mom of a toddler.

I really hope they are searching cars and trunks!!

This is a huge fear of mine ever since reading a case on here about kids playing in a car and dying before they were found. I just had a very stern talk with my 4 year old this afternoon when I found him in my car in the driveway with the doors shut when it was 97 degrees after I took groceries in and hadn't locked it yet, he said he was looking for a certain toy but it scared me badly and I told him it's absolutely not safe to get in a car without an adult.

The long sleeve shirt and shoes don’t bug me. My four year old wears long sleeves in Texas, in the summer. ‍♀️. I talk her out of it but sometimes let her when she’s hanging inside as she must be kinda cold natured, I keep my A/C around 74. Anyway, shoes. If a kid is tired and falls asleep with their shoes on...maybe you leave them on. It’s not a big deal. Honestly, I took my daughters off when she fell asleep but she’s a heavy sleeper, maybe this guy isn’t. I’m not saying this isn’t an odd case, I just don’t think his clothes are a big indication of foul play or something.

The long sleeve shirt and shoes don’t bug me. My four year old wears long sleeves in Texas, in the summer. ‍♀️. I talk her out of it but sometimes let her when she’s hanging inside as she must be kinda cold natured, I keep my A/C around 74. Anyway, shoes. If a kid is tired and falls asleep with their shoes on...maybe you leave them on. It’s not a big deal. Honestly, I took my daughters off when she fell asleep but she’s a heavy sleeper, maybe this guy isn’t. I’m not saying this isn’t an odd case, I just don’t think his clothes are a big indication of foul play or something.
upload_2019-7-2_23-5-8.jpeg. Is he in a hospital gown in this picture? Kinda looks like a doctors exam room.

I agree, the shirt and shoes on don't bother me either. I'm more concerned about him in the heat without water.

With all of the other cases that have been happening lately it is hard to not go "there" in my brain, but my hinky meter isn't going off with this case. I'm keeping my hopes up that he will be found safe.

Overjoyed to read there are no water areas around!

Let’s presume that all countries don’t remove shoes for a nap. Some kids at this age love their shoes and it is a fight to get them off.

Unlike others have commented, my hinky meter went off the first time I read about this cutie. Living in an apartment building like the newer ones are built today, would make it easier to get out of his apartment. IMO.
There are no screen doors so that is one less hassle. Open the door and run down the hall, no steps yet, in my picture of a newer building. Unless their apt is on first floor, how did he get outdoors? And where did he go so quickly?

I have a twenty eight month old grand child. Picturing him opening the front door of house is a couple turns of the deadbolt, then twists and turns the knob until the door is open. Quietly he steps down the one step from house to porch, then sits down to go down front steps, about five, as there is no handrail. And then he is off!!!! Quite as a mouse too. (I have seen him do this too.)

However, should he go outside the yard, a neighbor is going to get him as in stop him to take him home.. or a car is going to stop because a child is in the street. Yes, there may be a bad guy in that car, but we need to think otherwise. So what happened to Sarbush?

How long did Mom really wait to call LE? Sarbush shouldn’t have been able to get too far in a short period of time. Wonder if police looked outside while some LE were looking inside? I hope so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back